GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello all, newb here!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LOLSUV

LOLSUV

Hello all, newb here! Empty
PostSubject: Hello all, newb here!   Hello all, newb here! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 10:09 am

I've just acquired a '93 Caprice wagon, and I'm planning an LS swap. I'm excited to do this, I needed a project and found a great candidate.

Hello all, newb here! Img_3911

It's just what I was looking for, and has a 3:23 posi, drop spindles, it's clean and nice and ready for more power.
Looking forward to scouring the forum!

PS, I'm looking for an LTZ bezel for my RM cluster swap...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, newb here!   Hello all, newb here! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 10:35 am

Welcome aboard! Good luck finding the dash face. Took me close to 3 years to find one that wasn't destroyed. 91-93 9C1s also used that surround and have a digital speedo and analog tach.

I actually like the oldsmobile cluster better (same with different graphics).

LOLSUV likes this post

Back to top Go down
LOLSUV

LOLSUV

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, newb here!   Hello all, newb here! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 10:52 am

If I can't find one I'll have to modify the one I have, gotta have gauges!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, newb here!   Hello all, newb here! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2021 7:44 am

LOLSUV wrote:
If I can't find one I'll have to modify the one I have, gotta have gauges!

might be easier to start with a Buick or Olds one and cut the right side down to fit in the Chevy. Pretty sure the left side is the same dimensions.

LOLSUV likes this post

Back to top Go down
LOLSUV

LOLSUV

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, newb here!   Hello all, newb here! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2021 8:52 am

You're right, and this morning one popped up on eBay and I snatched it up, it's even the right color!
Back to top Go down
LOLSUV

LOLSUV

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, newb here!   Hello all, newb here! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2021 9:07 pm

So I've got the cluster and dash bezel, I'm going to have to modify the bezel I bought so that I'll have the rear window controls and the correct woodgrain trim. I'm going to carefully remove the woodgrain from my existing bezel and use it as a template to trim the RM bezel. Then I'm going to have find a way to install the rear wiper switch panel.

Sprocket likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, newb here!   Hello all, newb here! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2021 8:18 pm

nice looking wagon.

welcome to the forums

LOLSUV likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, newb here!   Hello all, newb here! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 11:24 am

LOLSUV wrote:
So I've got the cluster and dash bezel, I'm going to have to modify the bezel I bought so that I'll have the rear window controls and the correct woodgrain trim. I'm going to carefully remove the woodgrain from my existing bezel and use it as a template to trim the RM bezel. Then I'm going to have find a way to install the rear wiper switch panel.

good job. now black out the b&c pillars and it'll look so much better with the tint. I used a 3M satin Vinyl wrap. cost me about 20 bucks I was able to use a kit I found on ebay and had to cut the pieces myself. two sets of hands helped alot, but even then it was my first attempt at vinyl wrap and it's not perfect, but looks great from 5 feet away lol.

On a previous car, I just taped it off and spray painted it, but this car the paint was still good. IMHO it makes it look like one big window all the way down the side of the car.

LOLSUV likes this post

Back to top Go down
jamlip

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, newb here!   Hello all, newb here! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 11:52 am

I'm part-way through an LS3 E-Rod swap in my 1992 Roadmaster.

Used the 4L65E that comes with the kit, with engine mounts from Dirty Dingo and brackets from ICT Billet.

I have the engine turning over, but still have some stuff to do before I can start it.

Planing to keep my existing instrument cluster, if I can work out a way to make it talk with the new engine, gearbox and ECU etc.

LOLSUV likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello all, newb here!   Hello all, newb here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello all, newb here!
Page 1 of 1