GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

newb, from CO

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LT1_wagon

newb, from CO Empty
PostSubject: newb, from CO   newb, from CO Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:21 pm

Greetings. I'm new to the forum. I have a '95 Caprice Classic, minus woodie, that I've been driving around since '99. I drove an '86 Caprice Classic wagon, an '89 LeSabre Estate and a '69 Chevelle Concours Estate before that. I'm trying to figure out some of the terminology people use here as it's not readily apparent. Is there a look up tab somewhere or dictionary of terms? Also, is there a thread, on engines, that talks about installing an E-Rod engine, such as an LS3 crate motor into a Caprice, or equivalent? Anything on a six-speed automatic installation? My current car has 178k on it and that next major tune-up, at 200k is something to start planning for. Anyway, I've enjoyed reading through the threads. You don't see many B-bodies around here, and not many in decent shape.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

newb, from CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: newb, from CO   newb, from CO Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:26 pm

welcome to the forum. alot of the terms ou will pick oup along the way. I thought there was a thread somewhere with some of them.

most are model (RMW, OCC, etc), color (MAB,LAB,LDM,etc), of build code references(LT1, G80 (posi), WB4 (wood delete on a Buick), etc

how about some pics???? Smile
Back to top Go down
LT1_wagon

newb, from CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: newb, from CO   newb, from CO Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Yeah, I have to work on that, figuring out how to import them. It's Light Driftwood metallic, and now it has Chevy van Rallye wheels with Goodyear Ultragrip, directional snow tires, for winter traction. In summer, I have a set of Ansens with BFGoodrich raised white letter tires. The rest of the car is stock, excepting a K/N filter setup.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

newb, from CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: newb, from CO   newb, from CO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:22 am

Welcome. Hope to see pics soon.

I love Colorado, lived in Englewood in the mid 1980's. One of my favorite places and I get back up there as often as I can.

Your car sounds sharp, and I like your history too. I grew up with the box wagons like you had. Good cars.

Again welcome!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

newb, from CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: newb, from CO   newb, from CO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:30 am

Welcome aboard............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

newb, from CO Empty
PostSubject: Re: newb, from CO   newb, from CO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

newb, from CO
Page 1 of 1