GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corvette wheels on a wagon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wojtek

Wojtek

Corvette wheels on a wagon  Empty
PostSubject: Corvette wheels on a wagon    Corvette wheels on a wagon  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 2:05 pm

I'm always looking to upgrade and restyle my cars especially for something that is different . That said I've got a deal on some OEM C5 Corvette wheels staggered 17.8 front 18.8.5 rear (nice wheels, cheap ) I know the bolt pattern is different and I would have to run a wheel adapter anyone done this and if so any issues clearance etc. I know the speedo will be off . thanks for any info !
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Corvette wheels on a wagon    Corvette wheels on a wagon  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Pass on the staggered Vette wheels. Wheel plus tire plus adapter price will be close to just getting the proper wheels/tires that fit in a style you like. Sometimes a deal isn't a deal.

Rev Bob likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Corvette wheels on a wagon    Corvette wheels on a wagon  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 10:08 pm

I can pick these up ,the set ,for close to the cost of one wheel and no matter what I do I'll still need tires .I have a set of 15 x 8 Vette rally wheels with flat caps in the big bolt pattern to fit which I'm going to have powder coated to match my paint .This was just a thought as again I've never seen a wagon with Vette wheels .
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Corvette wheels on a wagon    Corvette wheels on a wagon  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2021 11:49 pm

Know the offset, and make sure it is right. I put drop spindles on my car, and they widened the front track by 1/2 inch one each side. I must use +18 offset to get the tires back where they belong. That is 12 mm (1/2 inch) more than the +6 offset for the stock wheels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corvette wheels on a wagon    Corvette wheels on a wagon  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corvette wheels on a wagon
Page 1 of 1