GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Valve covers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Walterf

Valve covers Empty
PostSubject: Valve covers   Valve covers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 12:44 pm

1991 OCC.  Changing valve cover gaskets as part of preventive maintenance.  Understand that by 1991 the differences between the Chevy 305 and Olds 305 were gone in favore of a "corporate".  Rather than sandblast and paint original valve covers came across these but they're speced for SBC 305.  Will they fit without problem?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Valve covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve covers   Valve covers Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm

it is a Chevy 305 in all 91 B-Bodies (except for police cars, they got a 350) with center bolt, so yeah I would think they should fit.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Valve covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve covers   Valve covers Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2021 6:30 pm

They will "fit" but I only see one large hole in each cover. The driver side needs a smaller hole for the PCV Valve. Been a long time since I was under the hood of a TBI car but I believe the passenger side has a smaller hole in the factory one as well.
Back to top Go down
Walterf

Valve covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve covers   Valve covers Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 9:26 am

good point, 94Woody. The 91 305 has a PCV grommet in each side. What's missing from these is the oil filler cap opening. They won't work. THX
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Valve covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve covers   Valve covers Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 10:59 am

You can use a different oil filler. They make them with grommets on the valve cover, and a push in cap. I have that style of filler on my 454. The issue with these is that the extra hole would look odd without the "flat" to mount it.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Valve covers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valve covers   Valve covers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valve covers
Page 1 of 1