GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

intermittent issue getting worse please help EEhack help also needed

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sschreiner5

intermittent issue getting worse please help EEhack help also needed Empty
PostSubject: intermittent issue getting worse please help EEhack help also needed   intermittent issue getting worse please help EEhack help also needed Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 12:10 pm

I have mentioned this issue in other posts, I now have more info so I statred a new thread. I have a EEhack log, if only I could find a way to share it in hopes someone cant take a look and spot something that I am not able to. The issue is when at wide open throttle the car will sometimes buck and motor lays down othertimes the motor just lays down.

In the log the issue can be seen starting at sample #915. I was on the highway on ramp and floored it, it ran fine through first gear and shifted into second fine but once I got up to about 70 mph at 4000 rpm the motor just layed down, you can see the TPS is at 100% but rpms flutter around 4200 until and do not increase, speed stays at 70mph if I lift the throttle a little then it shifts and I can go back to WOT and the motor runs fins and pulls hard.

I thought I was going to be able to attach my log but it looks like the file is locked or hidden so I cant share it. Please let me know how to share the log if possible.

I have replaced:
opti (summit brad)
MDS cap and rotor
MSD plg wires
plugs
throttle position sensor
fuel pump and filter
installed MDS 6a box
Back to top Go down
sschreiner5

intermittent issue getting worse please help EEhack help also needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: intermittent issue getting worse please help EEhack help also needed   intermittent issue getting worse please help EEhack help also needed Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 3:46 pm

I am looking at the log and I see something that may be pointing someplace. Im watching the MAF value and it seems to hold pretty steady around 150.50 g/s until the problem starts, at sample 998 the MAF value reads 343.5. This is when I believe the issue starts. At sample 997 and before the rpm is steadly increasing but sample 998 show the MAF value jumping to 343 and the rpm starts drops by 70 rpm never climbs until I lift and the issue is not occurring. I have a new ignition control module and fuel pressure regulator coming and as much I hate shotgunning parts at a problem i will be installing them. If anybody knows what else to look for in my log please let me know. I suppose the MAF value spiking might indicate a bad MAF sensor?
Back to top Go down

intermittent issue getting worse please help EEhack help also needed
Page 1 of 1