GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worse spark plugs

Go down 
+2
rcktpwrd
Walterf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Walterf

Worse spark plugs Empty
PostSubject: Worse spark plugs   Worse spark plugs Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2023 12:59 pm

91 OCC began to misfire under load.  Starting with the easiest, changed spark plugs.  Removed Bosch Platinum 2 with approximately 35,000 miles and they were worn to nubs, particularly the center (iridium) electrode.  Replaced with AC Delco R45TS and problem solved.  My advice is to avoid Bosch Platinum 2 at all costs.

By the way, OBD 1 does not indicate misfire.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

Worse spark plugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worse spark plugs   Worse spark plugs Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2023 7:33 pm

I used those Bosch plugs in something a while back and found the same issues! They wore out very quickly! I like the idea of how they are made and expected better from them...
Back to top Go down
cwilliamsws6

Worse spark plugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worse spark plugs   Worse spark plugs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2023 12:16 am

I had those same Bosch plugs in my old Honda a few years ago and same story even in that vehicle, less than 30K miles and the electrodes were GONE.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Worse spark plugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worse spark plugs   Worse spark plugs Icon_minitimeThu Oct 19, 2023 5:34 am

The Bosch plugs are a known issue. Beware of the Bosch fuel pumps as well. They are notorious for failure.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Eds rmw

Worse spark plugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worse spark plugs   Worse spark plugs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 10:14 pm

I prefer bosch fuel pumps, have installed many, never an issue.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Worse spark plugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worse spark plugs   Worse spark plugs Icon_minitimeTue Jan 30, 2024 10:30 pm

Eds rmw wrote:
I prefer bosch fuel pumps, have installed many, never an issue.

I had to replace one that only worked for about 30 days. The replacement worked for about 1.5 years.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Worse spark plugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worse spark plugs   Worse spark plugs Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 11:41 am

Bosch plugs are the biggest pile of crap. Had them in my 89 Ford van and they burned a hole through the piston. I will never buy another bosch product.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Worse spark plugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worse spark plugs   Worse spark plugs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worse spark plugs
Page 1 of 1