GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Purchasing new carpet

Go down 
+3
silverfox103
chevy man
Wojtek
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wojtek

Wojtek

Purchasing new carpet  Empty
PostSubject: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 10:46 am

I'm going to purchase new carpet (replacement ) for the wagon my interior trim is Light Beige RPO Code 641 is this what I would use when ordering the carpet as a couple of the sites I've been on only show color and want you to purchase a sample if your not sure . Thank you !
Back to top Go down
chevy man

chevy man

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2021 2:16 pm

In the past I have dealt with nos reproductions in Ontario, Canada. Send them a small sample of your carpet and they will send their samples back. Take you sample from under the door sill as hat is probably the only place the colour is original. Good luck
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 11:21 am

The problem with anything from Canada is getting it shipped to the US I've been shipping some stuff from the Post Office and with this Covid issue there are a lot of restrictions on things being sent . I've found a couple of vendors in the US . Does anyone know if the carpet in the sedan is different ? On two of the vendor sites I've been on they mention a more plush (?) version .
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Wojtek wrote:
Does anyone know if the carpet in the sedan is different ? On two of the vendor sites I've been on they mention a more plush (?) version .

Sedan and Wagon carpet are the same.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
chevy man

chevy man

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2021 12:06 pm

try stockinteriors.com. They will send free samples and carpets are made in usa
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 9:45 pm

99% of all carpets you will find are all the same and made by ACC. Just go to Rock Auto and order it because it's about the cheapest you will find it.

It makes one hell of a difference in these old cars.

Purchasing new carpet  LpiGTZc

Purchasing new carpet  DSmcCsi

Wojtek and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 3:48 pm

NICE ! my interior is the same color so what color is the carpeting you ordered ? Also does it have the heavy underlayment ? Stockinteriors .com sells a carpet set with "mass backing " for an extra 54 bucks and 3 different grades which I have been looking at plus the stuff is made here in the US . Thanks!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 7:17 pm

Wojtek wrote:
NICE ! my interior is the same color so what color is the carpeting you ordered ? Also does it have the heavy underlayment ? Stockinteriors .com sells a carpet set with "mass backing " for an extra 54 bucks  and 3 different grades which I have been looking at plus the stuff is made here in the US . Thanks!

I just ordered whatever Tan color Rock Auto had listed. It is the generic carpet with no backing because I just wanted to get the old junk out of it quickly.

Purchasing new carpet  O9zXvP5

The carpets with the backing will fit better than mine.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2021 2:39 pm

chevy man wrote:
try stockinteriors.com. They will send free samples and carpets are made in usa
Same applies to floor mats. They sent me 4-5 different samples to choose from.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2021 8:53 am

Don't know why I didn't check Chevy on rock auto, there is no listing for rear carpet in Olds.
Back to top Go down
Walterf

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2021 10:01 am

Purchased ACC carpet for my OCC through Rock Auto. Price good and color match excellent. I would recommend avoiding the "mass backed" carpet because it is difficult to mold around the corners and to drill through for pilot holes. If I had to do it over I would insulate with dynamat on floors and tunnel then apply the non-backed carpet over that.

Go for it because your vehicle will look and smell a whole lot better.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2021 8:05 am

Did you use the 5% off code in the vendors section for rock auto?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing new carpet    Purchasing new carpet  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purchasing new carpet
Page 1 of 1