GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CNC parts you might want

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buickman1

Buickman1

CNC parts you might want Empty
PostSubject: CNC parts you might want   CNC parts you might want Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2021 11:17 pm

I have been a member of the Impala SS Forum for a while and a member posted this.

Hello guys. I have 2 brothers who are my neighbors. They have a CNC machine and are picking up a Hass CNC in a couple of months.
I was wondering if there is any market for CNC parts still or have those days past.
They are making a CNC aluminum trim piece for a custom 69 Camaro SS console I am going to be running
If anyone has any ideas let me know and I can get more info.

I sent the brothers an email about making the tailgate glass hinges for the 91- 96 wagons, and was wondering if any of yinz here would be interested in a set of them, if they are willing to make some?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: CNC parts you might want   CNC parts you might want Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2021 7:44 pm

I would be. cost dependent of course, but I know it's a costly process.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: CNC parts you might want   CNC parts you might want Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2021 9:08 pm

I sent the brothers the CAD link from the old post in here somewhere, and this is the response.

Thank you for the file! I was able to open it and it definitely looks doable! How noticeable is this part? Do you want it to be a showpiece? 3d printing will be cheap, but not very strong or nice looking. It is a very utilitarian tool. The ones you see on TV are extremely expensive. If you are not on a tight budget, I could machine them out of aluminum which would look very nice. Its all up to you. Either way, if I get permission from the grabcad guy, I can definitely make them!

I think 3D is out, the guy on the wagon forum had 2 sets 3D printed and they both broke. The hinges are noticeable ( top of the glass), I would prefer metal, what are you thinking $ wise if they were aluminum. I wouldn’t need the logo on it either, I own an Olds. There are a few others interested in some other items, check this out https://www.impalassforum.com/threads/anyone-looking-for-cnc-parts.1320043/unread

Yes, I think aluminum is the way to go. If you didn't have the top logo, I would say a pair would probably be $150. There are also initial costs like that would probably be $150, but that only happens once.

I would like to know how many would like a set of hinges, so we can spread out the inital costs. I can't do the setup costs myself + the hinges.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: CNC parts you might want   CNC parts you might want Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2021 9:52 am

Unfortunately alot of the wagon guys are quite thrifty, so I think $150 a pair may be on the high side for many. That said, if it's the only game in town to keep a window on....and aluminum would look nice.

If I didn't already have 2 spare sets, I wouldn't hesitate. I harvested mine close to 10 years ago and haven't seen a wagon in the JY is at least 5 years, so I do believe there is a market for them.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: CNC parts you might want   CNC parts you might want Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 4:39 pm

I’ll take a set
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CNC parts you might want   CNC parts you might want Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CNC parts you might want
Page 1 of 1