GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

couple of questions

Go down 
+3
Wojtek
Fred Kiehl
Buickman1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Buickman1

Buickman1

couple of questions Empty
PostSubject: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 8:44 am

I was messing around with the wagon yesterday, and ran to the parts store. When I got home I noticed this was missing. Please tell me this is not an impossible to find, one year only item produced during a blue moon in any month with a W in it.

couple of questions Img_1711

I also found this vacuum line capped off. Any idea what it should connect to?

couple of questions Img_1810
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 9:15 am

The flyaway panels are occasionally available. You should retrace your route, and see if you can find it. I may have one, but I am not sure which side it goes to, and you will have to paint it to match. You also need the top and bottom attaching fittings with screws/nuts, tapered supports, pins, and the three clips. When you install the donor part, use auto panel adhesive or window urethane (surgically clean and scuff all to be glued surfaces). If you glue it, you do not need the 3 pins, and clips.

The vacuum line probably goes to the heater shut off valve that you may no longer have. It may have been replaced with a coolant restrictor from a 92-96.

The gold on gold 91 OCC is the rarest of all wagons, except maybe the 96 Caprice. It is also probably the nicest looking of all of them.
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 10:54 am

Ya, I checked my route twice and no luck.  couple of questions 1f625 I do have the clips but I don't see any screw/nut holes, just the square holes for the clips. Are these wagon only parts?
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 12:37 pm

Not sure if this will work there is a couple of sellers on Ebay who sell pillar post covers they come in black ,chrome , and carbon fiber they are reasonable as far as price goes 50 to 70 bucks for a complete set .Another option would be J and J Auto Wrecking in Marshallville Ohio 800 425 1555 they usually have some wagons and you might luck out and find the part in your color , they have a couple currently listed .

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2021 2:13 pm

There is a small flat piece along the top of where the part is attached, and a small round one on the bottom rear corner. I can see both of them in your picture. They must be removed, and the top one reattached to the part.

I checked and I have a right side one in black. I can sell it for $50 shipped. I have the top fastener, but I do not think I have the bottom one. It does not have the pins on the back side.
Back to top Go down
m00ntan

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 9:04 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
The flyaway panels

I've been driving the flown away panels for years.  They're in my basement someplace.  It doesn't bother me and I don't notice they're gone unless somebody mentions it.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2021 10:22 am

Do not reuse the stock fasteners. Clean the whole area and use windshield urethane adhesive all over to permanently glue the panel back on. You'll never ever have to remove it, so you might as well.

m00ntan and Wojtek like this post

Back to top Go down
Jimster1

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 5:50 am

It may be your lucky day. I have what you are missing. I lost mine a year or so back while crossing Idaho at about 100 MPH. I found one on ebay but didn't get a chance to install it before the car's electrics started doing some very weird things. Unfortunately, i was about 1000 miles from home and all my tools etc. Had to trade her in. In any case I now have no need for the panel as I don't have the car any more. I paid $50.00 and you can have it for the same. If interested, I'm jimster1@earthlink.net
Back to top Go down
verwachst

verwachst

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2021 11:14 am

Guys, I had the same problem on a very windy day when the driver’s side door flyaway panel ripped off (see picture). I went back on my route to hopefully find it somewhere in the ditch but the strong wind took in away. May it rest in peace in the East Colorado badlands.

I’m looking for a used one, driver’s side, part # GM 10192805. If anyone can help me out, contact me on onkel@Q.com

Thanks
Gunter

Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 8:58 am

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Do not reuse the stock fasteners. Clean the whole area and use windshield urethane adhesive all over to permanently glue the panel back on. You'll never ever have to remove it, so you might as well.
I was planning to reuse the fasteners with some adhesive just to insure it stays on but I may just take your advice.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 10:12 am

Buickman1 wrote:
sherlock9c1 wrote:
I was planning to reuse the fasteners with some adhesive just to insure it stays on but I may just take your advice.  
Look at those fasteners and ask yourself "will these spindly little things keep this huge panel in place the next time I get hit with a wind gust from a truck while driving on the highway?" You already know my answer.
Back to top Go down
Jimster1

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2021 2:44 am

I have one of the "fly away" panels for the passenger side. If interested, I'm jimster1@earthlink.net
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions   couple of questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

couple of questions
Page 1 of 1