GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A couple sad wagons

Go down 
+3
DBeaSSt
buickestate
TylerW
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TylerW

A couple sad wagons Empty
PostSubject: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:11 pm

Hey guys:

I am going to attempt to post a couple pictures of 2 wagons that I am considering "adopting", lol. Both of these have been sitting on the side of a hill for the past 4 years or so.

The first is a '92 RMW with about 146,000 miles. It's slightly rougher than mine, but not bad. No rust.A couple sad wagons 92RMW
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:15 pm

The second one is quite a bit more interesting. This one is a '95 RMW wagon, with tow-package. It's a very straight car that has just been left to sit. On the windshield is written "New 20" wheels and tires".

Well that was 5 years ago, and as you can see those chrome wheels are now junk. The stuff on the side is dirt splash from the ground.There's a sticker on the other side of the front glass that says some about Pigeon Forge Rod Run 2004 or something.

A couple sad wagons 004-1
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:36 pm

I got a set of them spoke rims
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 pm

Right, the Daytons..I forgot about that.

These aren't my cup of tea at all, but I sure did like those OZ wheels tho.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:51 am

The OZ's have a new home now and those dayton's are different.

that 95 looks to have had it's wood trim buffed up.... look into it
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 8:26 am

Those are a couple nice finds. Worst case they'd make great parts cars but they appear in better shape than that.

Though look underneath when you can, sitting for that long on dirt/grass does mean things to the underside. Sad

That blue one looks to have had quite a bit done to it. As Pat mentioned, polished wood trim. Lower belt moulding gone and looks to be polished. I see blacked out b/c pillars along with tint. Those side mirrors aren't body color either which Roadys have.

Where were you located again? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:19 am

They are probably leftovers from a used car lot. Mst of them around here have a back yard full of old unsold cars.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Yeah Tyler, fill in your location otherwise we'll keep asking you everytime you post something like this!

That blue box with the gaudy Chevy emblem behind the 95 RMW looks like it's got some potential too. Man if I had more space and free time, I'd have an LS1-powered boxy...
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 9:55 pm

LOL, well forgive me for keeping my cards close for the moment but I want first shot at those wagons. I am in Alabama.

That Impala next to it is/was a sharp car, but there is a 7-inch tree laying on the right rear top quarter panel with a dent to match.

The guy that owns all this is filthy rich and just buys anything he wants. He's bought all these cars and has let them ruin.

This is his "extras' lot, and in this lot there is a '57 Chevy Bel-Air sedan, a '59 T-bird, '58 Oldsmobile, to mention a few.

On another lot there is actually a '69 Mercury convertible that has gotten completely grown over with kudzu this year. You couldn't even tell there's a car there.

The bad part is that everything is overpriced until it's like these wagons and deteriorated enough so they won't run.

My friend bought a B4U Caprice from him this summer for 7 bills, nonrunning. For those of you not familiar with B4U's, those are the civilian LT1 Caprice models that GM only sold with the B4U suspension/towing package, which got you G80 limited-slip, LT1, F-R swaybars, fluid coolers and 3.08 gear. Very nice package and not that common.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Tyler, I just HAD to chime in here. Unlike other forums around the net, the people here are more than happy to help, advise, coach and otherwise spend your money to the best of our ability. What we do not do on the other hand, is poach parts. I don't know why, but calling "dibs" here means something. Mention a yard that has a part you need and one of two things will happen. Someone will pull the part (and then PM you with directions to pick up the part) or it will still be there when you get there.

I guess it's because we're mostly adults here.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Tyler, I just HAD to chime in here. Unlike other forums around the net, the people here are more than happy to help, advise, coach and otherwise spend your money to the best of our ability. What we do not do on the other hand, is poach parts. I don't know why, but calling "dibs" here means something. Mention a yard that has a part you need and one of two things will happen. Someone will pull the part (and then PM you with directions to pick up the part) or it will still be there when you get there.

I guess it's because we're mostly adults here.

I agree. This board has some of the best wagon folk anywhere who love to watch and help with your projects!!

Very nice finds! I hope the '95 works out honestly. Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 6:08 pm

Well said, last thing I am here to do is run out and pilfer cars others are interested in buying.

I think everyone here is aware of a B4U as well, Wink It is afterall a forum of B Body nuts.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:11 am

I didn't think B4Us were that rare.

Tyler, I have NO interest in poaching cars or parts from you. If I brought home another car, the wife would make me sleep with them, or sell one of the ones I have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A couple sad wagons   A couple sad wagons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A couple sad wagons
Page 1 of 1