GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jamlip

91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout? Empty
PostSubject: 91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout?   91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2021 11:20 pm

Hi all.

I've put and LS3 in a 1991 RMW and am trying to get the ECU to talk to the speedo, tach and oil pressure guage.

Would anyone happen to have a pinout for the two plugs on the back of the 91-93 instrument cluster?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout?   91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2021 1:08 am

Your tach should be the white wire that came from the coil, and goes directly to the gauge. The oil pressure gauge is hooked directly to the gauge. The VSS feeds through the VSS module under the dash, and goes to the computer on the brown wire. The signal on the brown wire on pin F is 2000 pulses per mile with the correct gearing.

Pin C has a brown wire that goes to the cluster, and pin D has a dark green wire that goes to the Cruise Control.

I do not know if you need the inputs for the computer, because I do not know what computer you are using, and what you have cut out of the original harness.

If you do not hook up all of the wires, the load will change, and the pulse rate will change.
Back to top Go down
jamlip

PostSubject: Re: 91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout?   91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2021 8:21 pm

Thanks Fred. I'm getting there now.

White / tach won't talk to my LS ECU. Working on that.
Speedo hooks right up to the VSS.
Oil pressure sender just pegs the guage which, it turns out, isn't really a gauge at all.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout?   91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2021 8:03 am

The problem with the oil pressure gauge is the sender. You must have the sender for the gauge, not just the idiot light. It is just a simple replacement with the correct sender unit.

The VSS signal is also used for the cruise control. You should be able to split it because the cruise control uses the same 4000 ppm signal.
Back to top Go down
jamlip

PostSubject: Re: 91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout?   91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2021 1:02 am

Thanks Fred. Yes, doing the sender mod that gives full-scale readout on the stock oil temp guage, and will add cruise via a Dakota Digital module if I decide if I want to keep the car.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout?   91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

91-93 Roadmaster Instrument Gauge Cluster pinout?
Page 1 of 1