GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can someone measure their front end ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1991BlueBertha

Can someone measure their front end ?  Empty
PostSubject: Can someone measure their front end ?    Can someone measure their front end ?  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2022 9:52 pm

Totally random I know, but I’ve got a 91 OCC coming that I’m buying from a friend’s widow after his recent passing from cancer. So I don’t have the car in hand yet, but need to make space in the garage for it when it gets delivered. I have shelves up at the front of the garage that technically on paper it looks like it’ll fit (based on online specs of 217.5 inches, I have 219 to the garage door). Seems awfully tight to me. So now im thinking about just building a shelf across the front (I have upper cabinets all the way across the front of the garage) but I’d need to know how high the front end sits from floor to top of hood about 12 inches back or so im thinking would be safe. The idea would be to poke the nose under the shelf… my dad had do similar with a Mark V back in the day and I think I’ll feel better about the fit.

So…mine will be a bit lower because the car is lowered but if I know how high a stock one is, it’ll give me a plan to build from
Back to top Go down
Buickman1

Buickman1

PostSubject: Re: Can someone measure their front end ?    Can someone measure their front end ?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 8:19 am

Roughly 33" to the top of the hood ornament, and 31" to the hood @ 12" in. 36" should give you some wiggle room.
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: Can someone measure their front end ?    Can someone measure their front end ?  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2022 1:53 pm

thanks! mine has had the hood ornament removed so that a non issue but this helps me tremendously. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone measure their front end ?    Can someone measure their front end ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can someone measure their front end ?
Page 1 of 1