GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zanethan

Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.  Empty
PostSubject: Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.    Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2022 8:39 am

If anyone a has a picture of a functioning glass release solenoid and bracket that they could post up I’d greatly appreciate it. Mines never worked so I took a look at it and the solenoid is working but doesn’t seem to be grabbing the metal latch right. Someone has been in there previously so I’m trying the sleuth out what they did.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.    Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2022 7:28 pm

Maybe if you put a picture of yours up, someone could determine the issue.
Back to top Go down
Zanethan

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.    Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.  Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 1:02 pm

Here’s what I’m working with. I was actually able to rig up the solenoid to the release mechanism using zip ties. It’s working for now so one small step in the right direction!

Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.  Edcd6110
Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.  E8006810
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.    Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.  Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 8:51 pm

I do not see where you put any zip ties.
Back to top Go down
Zanethan

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.    Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.  Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2022 11:11 pm

I didn’t it take any pictures of the zip tied fix. Essentially I ran 2, one on the mechanical release and one on the solenoid. I also ran one on either side of the solenoid one to prevent it from shifting. 

Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.  1d08d210
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.    Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear Glass Release Mechanism Picture Req.
Page 1 of 1