GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can't switch heat vents. All air blowing from upper vents.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadmanonduty

Can't switch heat vents.  All air blowing from upper vents.   Empty
PostSubject: Can't switch heat vents. All air blowing from upper vents.    Can't switch heat vents.  All air blowing from upper vents.   Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:40 pm

my 95 Caprice Wagon has a new issue. When I select "heat", "vent", "defrost", ect, the air always blows from the upper vents on the dash. This never used to happen before. Any suggestions on what to look at, or check on?

As a little background....over the winter I did install some Corvette Fuel Rail covers, so I "could have" messed something up under the hood....???

The heat works fine as far as temperature control, but I just can't select the vents it blows air out of.
I don't like the air blowing in my face, so I want to figure this out as soon as possible.

Thanks guys! Cool
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Can't switch heat vents. All air blowing from upper vents.    Can't switch heat vents.  All air blowing from upper vents.   Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:46 pm

The vacuum line for the HVAC is disconnected. It is on the passenger side of the intake manifold. If it isn't disconnected there, it will be somewhere else (or, melted inside the wiring harness bundle that is on the back of the passenger head).

Can't switch heat vents.  All air blowing from upper vents.   Evap_sol
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Can't switch heat vents. All air blowing from upper vents.    Can't switch heat vents.  All air blowing from upper vents.   Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Thanks, I'll look tomorrow I bet I did break the vac line, cuz of the pressure of the dang covers.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Can't switch heat vents. All air blowing from upper vents.    Can't switch heat vents.  All air blowing from upper vents.   Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:59 am

Thanks man, that vacuum hose was pulled out. I ripped the fuel rail covers off, they just strain all the wires and hoses too much for my liking!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't switch heat vents. All air blowing from upper vents.    Can't switch heat vents.  All air blowing from upper vents.   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't switch heat vents. All air blowing from upper vents.
Page 1 of 1