GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WF 23 Daytona

Go down 
+2
94Woody
Sprocket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2023 11:31 am

Couple of items for discussion.

Hotel - waiting to hear back from the Best Western. In the meantime exploring other options, so may be a venue change this year. Hotel prrices in FL have soared in the past 5 months so stay tuned.

BBQ - Last year after the BBQ several of us talked about not doing it this year. Honestly last year myself and a few others threw in more than our fair share to cover it. If we want to do it this year, I'm sure the prices are going to have to go up. It's one of those things where the more people that come, the less it is per person. Last year it was small, and a bit higher. That all said, if someone else wants to head up the shopping, collecting money from people part of it, raise your hand. If the interest is there, I will bring the grille, folding table, and plastic forks, etc. left from last year.

Parking Pads - We reserved 4 of them at $30 each. So in addition to the entry fee, we will need to collect on that. Last year, I also had out of pocket on these as we didn't have 16 people parking. This year, I'm going to say $10 each, so we will only need 12 to cover the 4 slabs. If we go under that, I'll be shaking you down for more, lol. If it goes over, it will go to the BBQ fund if we do it.

Awards - I have a ton on my plate this year with liquidating my Mom's estate. I won't have time to purchase Flamingos or get other awards set up. Someone else needs to pick this up if you want to have the awards this year.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2023 9:01 pm

The Best Western is 126 per night on Friday and Saturday without any type of rate discount.

I can do with or without the BBQ. Enjoyed the last show I was able to attend where we just let another establishment handle the cooking and cleaning. Of course eating out has gotten crazy in the last year just like everything else.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 7:44 am

94Woody wrote:
The Best Western is 126 per night on Friday and Saturday without any type of rate discount.

I can do with or without the BBQ. Enjoyed the last show I was able to attend where we just let another establishment handle the cooking and cleaning. Of course eating out has gotten crazy in the last year just like everything else.
We already have more than 5 people for the BBQ.

We get a discount every year at the motel.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 1:33 pm

I see 5 names on the list. Price per will be pretty high at that point which is the point John was trying to make.

Buc-ee’s is a couple miles up the street. I’ll be having BBQ for dinner that night.

Was just putting the standard hotel price out there because they don’t normally give all that much of a “discount” anyways. I’ve always booked too late for the discount and last time it would have only saved 10 bucks or so. The hotel has a rewards program that people should be using.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2023 7:04 pm

Have fun at the restaurant, we will have the awards at the cookout.
Back to top Go down
Walterf

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 9:45 am

The dinner is good food, friends and fun. If it becomes too difficult to put on let's not have it become a show stopper. After all, Daytona allows coolers and caravaning with 9 passenger wagons is pretty easy. I'll have a cooler of beer (in cans per Speedway rules) for the afternoon and/or evening.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 10:32 am

Walterf wrote:
The dinner is good food, friends and fun.  If it becomes too difficult to put on let's not have it become a show stopper.  After all, Daytona allows coolers and caravaning with 9 passenger wagons is pretty easy.  I'll have a cooler of beer (in cans per Speedway rules) for the afternoon and/or evening.

Not having it wouldn't be a show stopper. In previous years some folks would eat dinner on their own regardless and they were still there for the awards and hanging out passed midnight with the rest of us. This year will be no different.

Don't get me wrong, the steaks are always good. They just aren't one of the reasons I go to this event so if they don't appear this year it's no big deal to me at all. Others feel differently and that's fine, world would suck if we were all the same. Although many people these days actually want that to be true.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 11:47 am

My wife already made reservations someplace on the beach. Maybe the wagon will make it this year. Sprocket let me know where to send a check or paypal.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 3:50 pm

I made my reservation this morning. The Wagonfest rate is $143 per night, plus tax. This is the same place we stayed last year, and the last several years prior. If anyone needs it, the hotel phone number is 386-258-6333. I was surprised that they made the reservation and did not require pre payment, but I'm guessing that since I've stayed there the last several years, maybe they are waiving the pre payment that's customary on a big weekend like this? In any event, the price is for a two queen bed sized room. A king size bed room is about $20 more per night.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 6:02 pm

Trivago has it for $135 per night for a room with a king bed. For $144 you get two double beds.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2023 10:58 pm

The Best Western website wants 127 per night for a king balcony. Non refundable though. That rate is 149, so 6 buck discount. Every bit helps.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 10:43 am

Isurf wrote:
My wife already made reservations someplace on the beach. Maybe the wagon will make it this year. Sprocket let me know where to send a check or paypal.

I have been pushing to have this at a beach hotel (not much more $$) for the last 6 years and keep getting voted down... Maybe I'll come over to visit lol.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 10:44 am

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
I made my reservation this morning. The Wagonfest rate is $143 per night, plus tax. This is the same place we stayed last year, and the last several years prior. If anyone needs it, the hotel phone number is 386-258-6333. I was surprised that they made the reservation and did not require pre payment, but I'm guessing that since I've stayed there the last several years, maybe they are waiving the pre payment that's customary on a big weekend like this? In any event, the price is for a two queen bed sized room. A king size bed room is about $20 more per night.

they took my card over the phone, you must be special lol
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2023 10:50 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:

We already have more than 5 people for the BBQ..

That's fine, but as I stated in the other thread, someone needs to pick up the ball and run with the shopping and money collecting to make it all happen as I've got a dozen other more pressing things going on in my life right now and don't want to/have time deal with it.  It's not a ton of work but does require some forethought and planning.

If someone does step up and plan the whole meal with Fred, I'll bring my grille and table and as much of the plastic silverware (should be plenty) as I have from last year.

Same goes for the awards this year. I don't have time to source them but will happily MC the awards ceremony if you all want.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2023 5:11 pm

Checked with the Mrs. We will be staying at the Hilton Daytona Beach Resort. That's her half of the vacation. She does not tell me what it cost.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2023 8:04 pm

I just checked their website. You don't want to know, lol.

Should be fun though. I like staying at those places.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2023 9:11 pm

I know better than to look
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 12:22 pm

I need the count for steaks a week before the car show.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 8:41 pm

Unless someone changes their mind last minute, you have it and it's 5.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2023 9:33 pm

94Woody wrote:
Unless someone changes their mind last minute, you have it and it's 5.
Just keeping it fresh. Thanks for the input.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2023 7:26 am

Sprocket wrote:
Couple of items for discussion.

Hotel - waiting to hear back from the Best Western.  In the meantime exploring other options, so may be a venue change this year.   Hotel prrices in FL have soared in the past 5 months so stay tuned.

BBQ -  Last year after the BBQ several of us talked about not doing it this year.   Honestly last year myself and a few others threw in more than our fair share to cover it.   If we want to do it this year,   I'm sure the prices are going to have to go up.  It's one of those things where the more people that come, the less it is per person.   Last year it was small, and a bit higher.  That all said, if someone else wants to head up the shopping, collecting money from people part of it, raise your hand.  If the interest is there, I will bring the grille, folding table, and plastic forks, etc. left from last year.

Parking Pads -   We reserved 4 of them at $30 each.   So in addition to the entry fee, we will need to collect on that.  Last year, I also had out of pocket on these as we didn't have 16 people parking.   This year, I'm going to say $10 each, so we will only need 12 to cover the 4 slabs.  If we go under that, I'll be shaking you down for more, lol.     If it goes over, it will go to the BBQ fund if we do it.  

Awards -   I have a ton on my plate this year with liquidating my Mom's estate.  I won't have time to purchase Flamingos or get other awards set up.  Someone else needs to pick this up if you want to have the awards this year.  

Sprocket,

Not sure what time I will arrive (aiming for late Thursday), or my wife's Florida agenda. If I can help when I get there I will try to help out. Hope to get the wagon there this year. Hope to see you in March

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 2:35 pm

If someone is picking up the ball for the BBQ, (see my first post in this thread highlighted in RED), you need to contact me directly to coordinate it, otherwise, I'm not dragging the grille, etc. If no one steps up, it stays at home and I'll go to the restaurant next door.

So far, I have not heard a peep from anyone.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Walterf

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 3:55 pm

Sprocket,

OK to pay for the pads morning of the event (3/24)?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 9:56 am

Walterf wrote:
Sprocket,

OK to pay for the pads morning of the event (3/24)?

Yes, should be. Adam Haack paid for the pads this year so I owe him $$ too. I will coordinate with him so we have them by that morning when we meet up in the parking lot to drive over.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2023 10:17 am

Sprocket wrote:
If someone is picking up the ball for the BBQ, (see my first post in this thread highlighted in RED), you need to contact me directly to coordinate it, otherwise, I'm not dragging the grille, etc.    If no one steps up, it stays at home and I'll go to the restaurant next door.

So far, I have not heard a peep from anyone.
If no one steps up, there will be no cookout this year. I am willing to cook, but without some participation there will not be a grill to cook on. I am 74, and can not do it all.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2023 8:34 pm

If no one steps up by the 15th, I am going call it a no deal on the cookout.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WF 23 Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Re: WF 23 Daytona   WF 23 Daytona Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WF 23 Daytona
Page 1 of 1