GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting ready for Daytona

Go down 
+3
Gastt
buickestate
Fred Kiehl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Getting ready for Daytona Empty
PostSubject: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 10:28 pm

I am just about ready to head for Daytona. I replaced all the glass except the front doors, gate and windshield, so wouldn't you know it, my dad whacks my passenger's side mirror. I put the last piece of glass in on Thursday night, and was going to take it to the interior shop for a new headliner Friday, so, I go over to pick it up, and the mirror is beat up. Now I am off looking for a replacement mirror, which I have to paint, and install. Fortuantely he did not damage the door, or any other of the body panels. I hope I can find a mirror on short notice.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:41 pm

91-94 or 95-96 mirror? I got some of both
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:47 pm

I'm getting ready for Daytona too

Getting ready for Daytona 75028_10151348980213947_1991500673_n
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 11:51 pm

I may be able to get one from the local junk yard, there is a 93 FW there, but I am not sure if the mirror is intact.

Shipping from Canada can get a little salty.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:35 pm

Gastt wrote:
I'm getting ready for Daytona too

Getting ready for Daytona 75028_10151348980213947_1991500673_n

That's a pretty picture!!!

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Did u learn rush mods from Crovo? I recall the year I went to WF in NY he had the whole car apart a week before, lol

I'll be lucky to get a good wax on it in time!

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:17 pm

Gutted the wagon today to pressure wash everything. Put it together and polish the exterior tomorrow and then do the same to the G8 on Thursday. Pack the wagon with most of my detailing supplies and leave Friday morning.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:22 pm

Today sent the car for an alignment. Tonight I cleaned all the door jambs and then washed the car. Man those things were BLACK with grease and dirt. Really wish I took before pics.... Full strength purple power did most of that work. Took the wheels off the car cleaned them and the tires the best I could. Damn pitted chrome... Also cleaned the vinyl top with oxyclean powder. Worked pretty damn good. Rob, I did get some 303 aerospace to put on the top and use on the interior. I was gonna machine polish the paint but I think it's ok enough to just throw on a coat of wax. I polished the paint back in september and havn't driven it much since then. First time I cleaned this car like this. I thought black cars were tough!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 11:29 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Gutted the wagon today to pressure wash everything. Put it together and polish the exterior tomorrow and then do the same to the G8 on Thursday. Pack the wagon with most of my detailing supplies and leave Friday morning.

I might need your assistance/input on polishing some billet... :p

That is, assuming my car is painted in time!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:32 pm

I developed a coolant leak on the Starship, and swapped the heater core...still leaked...bypassed the new heater core...still leaked...found the hose at the back of the block was cracked...wierd part is that I fixed the same problem on the White Elephant this week too.

I found a mirror at a local yard, painted it to match, and installed it today. I broke my passenger's side door panel. Fortunately I keep spares for almost everything, so I painted the faded top front, and installed it. I hope that is all I have to do before going to Daytona. I am getting really tired of working on this car right now,, especially at the last minute.

Last edited by Fred Kiehl on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:01 pm

It's always the last minute **** breaks!! Crossing my fingers.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:05 pm

I recall Fred attaching his grille at 10 PM the night before last year. lol

That said I put the olds stickers on the rims, 5 minutes before we rolled out (applied when delivered).
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:01 pm

I was painting it. I let it dry overnight, and attached it that morning.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Well another straw for the camel's back...I had a flat today. I spent the rest of the day playing catch up. Any more BS, and I may not go to Daytona. This is getting rediculous.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:09 pm

Tell me about it, my car is stuck in JAX while i'm here in Daytona wi2th the wife's car...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Geesh. This is not a good Carma year for roadtripping to Daytona! Sad

Hope you guys get it together and make it ok!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting ready for Daytona   Getting ready for Daytona Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting ready for Daytona
Page 1 of 1