GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

AC condenser doesn't fit!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AzDon

AzDon

AC condenser doesn't fit! Empty
PostSubject: AC condenser doesn't fit!   AC condenser doesn't fit! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2023 10:54 pm

A few months back I bought an OSC "4290" condenser from RockAuto for my OCC, but the box was marked "Agility" which is another brand offerred by RockAuto....
Long story short... The way the lines are bent to go around the radiator prevents fitment.....I'm screwed because I waited too longt on the install....
SSSOOOO......
I started to research other options and realized thet "7-4290" or simply "4290" is a universal part number for my application, so I ordered a Spectra Premium copy from Amazon and it fits perfectly and was $20 cheaper and free shipping...
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: AC condenser doesn't fit!   AC condenser doesn't fit! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 8:21 am

Rock Auto is not always the best deal. Always shop around for the best price.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: AC condenser doesn't fit!   AC condenser doesn't fit! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2023 8:33 am

Usually they are good with returns (got the wrong part in the right box before). I understand you waited too long. I did something similar once and had to eat the part. I learned to open and check upon arrival the hard way like you just did.

All you can do is try to sell it recover some of the loss....

BTW glad to see you are still around

AzDon likes this post

Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: AC condenser doesn't fit!   AC condenser doesn't fit! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2023 9:58 am

I bought the only one that Rock Auto stocks right now and it's wrong
I didn't catch on to the numbering being universal until I couldn't install it, otherwise, I would have checked Amazon (free shipping!) and bought Spectra Premium the first time because their stuff is usually good....

I've been away building my 69 van, but been here in spirit because the drivetrain was from a crashed 91 OCC.....I still drive my 91 OCC as my daily driver and it's going to be hot here shortly, so the A/C needs to work!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: AC condenser doesn't fit!   AC condenser doesn't fit! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2023 9:04 pm

Amazingly enough, Amazon has very good parts for these cars, even the off brand names. Bought my Radiator form there last year and was blown away by just how high quality it was. Straight as an arrow and fit perfectly.

AzDon likes this post

Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: AC condenser doesn't fit!   AC condenser doesn't fit! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2023 10:24 pm

I have found looking up parts on Amazon to be near impossible, BUT.....If you take the part numbers you have looked up on RockAuto, you quite often find the same exact parts almost always cheaper at Amazon when the free shipping is considered and the most hassle-free return program anywhere......
Rock's advantage is lookup and selection, but you pay for shipping and returns are a crap-shoot with them...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AC condenser doesn't fit!   AC condenser doesn't fit! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AC condenser doesn't fit!
Page 1 of 1