GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Intermittant bog or stumble

Go down 
+2
Fred Kiehl
Isurf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

Intermittant bog or stumble Empty
PostSubject: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 7:53 am

Recently I hit the gas leaving a parking lot, and bleh it moved a little, sounded sick, but then took off like normal. Since it has been happening more often. Only seems to happen at low speed, and under more agressive throttle. Once past the bog, it runs fine again. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 8:08 am

What car do you have?
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 1:03 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
What car do you have?

his signature says 96 roadmaster wagon
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2023 1:15 pm

96 RMW
Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 8:25 pm

if it's a 96 put an ODB scanner on it and see if anything comes up
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2023 11:18 pm

1991BlueBertha wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:
What car do you have?

his signature says 96 roadmaster wagon
His signature does not show up on my phone.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 5:58 pm

Ran the odb scanner, no codes.
Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeTue Jun 27, 2023 6:45 pm

offhand it sounds like a fuel delivery issue. when was fuel filter changed last?
this is supposed to be good for the fuel system - might help clear out the crud if that's what it is
chevron techron fuel system cleaner - like this
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2023 8:05 am

fuel pump and filter changed within the last year. Starting on the cheap bought spray cleaners for throttle body and maf.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 6:24 pm

Shop has diagnosed it to be an opti failure. Plan is to replace it tomorrow. Hope they are right, but have doubts. Told them to do wires cap and rotor while they are at it. Plugs were done recently. Wagonfest NY hangs in the balance
Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 6:49 pm

if you move forward on this, don't go cheap on the opti brand - also LT1 don't have a separate cap/rotor - that's what the optispark is.
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 7:16 pm

Serendipity96 wrote:
if you move forward on this, don't go cheap on the opti brand - also LT1 don't have a separate cap/rotor - that's what the optispark is.

Great advice, but there aren't any decent Optispark distributors out there anymore, all the Asian not very good ones.

Optispark distributors certainly do have a cap and rotor.

Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 7:53 pm

booster wrote:
Serendipity96 wrote:

Great advice, but there aren't any decent Optispark distributors out there anymore, all the Asian not very good ones.

Optispark distributors certainly do have a cap and rotor.

obviously - but the way he said it made me think he thought the optispark was one thing and there was also a separate cap and rotor elsewhere - a dishonest mechanic might take advantage of someone's naïveté
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2023 8:20 pm

I know enough that the opti has a cap and rotor. I am working with an expensive, but so far reliable and honest shop. While I am not optimistic that this.is.the solution. I hope I am wrong. Feels like a fuel thing to me. Anything other than light acceleration  bogs. Sometimes stomping on gas gets past it. I am currently in florida for a family wedding. Home on sunday work on monday. Need car to get to work.
Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 9:30 pm

Could it be bad fuel?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeSat Jul 08, 2023 11:41 pm

ayilar wrote:
Could it be bad fuel?
Chance of bad fuel is approaching zero. It is almost never bad fuel.

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2023 2:27 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
ayilar wrote:
Could it be bad fuel?
Chance of bad fuel is approaching zero. It is almost never bad fuel.
The reason why I asked, is because bad fuel happened to me exactly once in my entire life. That was last year, with my 1996 FWB. Zero (zilch) issue since then.

PS: how did it happen? I was traveling cross-country and, due to several I-70 exits being blocked off due to construction, I had no choice but to exit before hitting empty. I bought gas from a mid-tier regional brand, from which I'd never buy gas otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2023 1:14 am

Not likely fuel, it's gone thru several tanks and runs good once past the bog
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2023 4:48 pm

After flight delays turned into cancelations, rented a car  and drove home. Picked up the wagon 11ish last night. So far so good no more bog so far. Wagonfest looks like a go. Hindsight, probably sgould have replaced the water pump since it had to come off to get to the opti.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermittant bog or stumble   Intermittant bog or stumble Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermittant bog or stumble
Page 1 of 1