GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stop and go stumble

Go down 
AuthorMessage
94 LT1 Wagon

94 LT1 Wagon

Stop and go stumble Empty
PostSubject: Stop and go stumble   Stop and go stumble Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:23 pm

I've been trying to find the root to a bad stumble when accelarating from a stop. I want to say that it started after I did the Z/28 cluster mod but unsure cause it started getting hot outside shortly after I did this. The pressure sending unit was changed as well as the resistor, but I did notice that if the weather was at 100* or better and the wagon was either at or close to 210*, then the oil pressure would start to drop and start cutting the power to the fuel pump. So the pressure unit was changed for a new one and the stumble is still a bit noticible but not as bad as it was. I also noticed that the valve that sits under the battery along with the vapor canister, vibrates and makes a buzzing noise when the weather is hot ? I pushed on the inner fender well the first time I heard it making the noise and could feel it vibrating ? All three componantes were replaced last year about this same time last year, the canister, the valve and the relay; along with all the rubber hoses that connect them together. The last thing to mention is the underhood temp, I realize it's the engine temp plus the nice weather here in Lost Wages but it just seems a bit more than I remember. This may seem a bit stupid but does the air deflector under the front bumper make that much of a difference ? Mine was rather damaged and removed but I was planning on ordering a new one.
Back to top Go down

Stop and go stumble
Page 1 of 1