GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Quick66ss

94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options  Empty
PostSubject: 94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options    94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2023 10:01 am

Looking for any insight on what you have installed. Crutchfield has a very limited number of units that "fit" but there are so many other models that they show as custom fit. I have pulled the dims for several that they show as plug and play. The radio chassis seems to be in the 7.4 x 2.28 x 6.3 range. Any insight would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
shrimpNE

PostSubject: Crutchfield   94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2023 6:50 pm

I bought the DUEL brand CD combo unit
It fits nice and everything work’s especially the Cell phone integration

It was about $100 plus a kit for Roadmaster
Back to top Go down
swell ride charlie

PostSubject: I have two 1994 wagons converted   94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2023 8:29 pm

I used a single DIN unit with face plate on two 1994 RMW.

One uses an Alpine CDE-164BT . This has Blue Tooth. Mic mounted on the rear view mirror. Sounds great. The face lights are a little too bright at night. You might find one on ebay. Or perhaps I could be talked into parting with it since the car is busted.

The other uses and older Pioneer DEH-P5200HD. Sounds pretty nice.

Back to top Go down
Dragonwagon

PostSubject: Re: 94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options    94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2023 1:26 am

I had a single DIN with motorized screen on my 94.  https://soundstream.com/product/vir-7830b/

I intended for my son to drive the car when he got his license, so I wanted a screen to display a rear camera.  You could keep the screen retracted while going down the road, but I had it configured to deploy  when the shifter was in reverse.  I didn't have much seat time with it before the car flooded, so I didn't get a chance to uncover many minor flaws, but I do recall that some of the menus seem to have been written by someone whose native tongue wasn't English.  Not including the cost of the camera, installation kit, or labor, it was $139 at a big box store.

He has a different motorized touchscreen in his 1.5 DIN Dodge, and that one isn't too compatible with the center A/C ducts, but I don't remember the screen location presenting any problems on the Roadmaster.

Alternatively, there's the option of getting the double DIN bezel out of a 95 or 96 Roadmaster, and shopping for a double din touchscreen head unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options    94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

94 Roadmaster single din touchscreen options
Page 1 of 1