GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Guy from Ohio

Go down 
+2
silverfox103
AMH_92
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AMH_92

New Guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: New Guy from Ohio   New Guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 11:56 am

Hi, my name is Allan, thanks for letting me join up. I'm older, have kids and grandkids, also have a '92 Custom Cruiser I picked up in San Diego about ten years ago. Loaded and all original except for power rear vent windows that I added, rebuilt the front suspension and added new springs, the cars get front low. I also replaced the intake gaskets, had the typical aluminum manifold coolant crossover leak. Detailed the underbody when I was under there too, it was easy, no rust or corrosion helps a lot. Not perfect but pretty nice was a one owner car and well taken care of, 156k on the odometer. I hope to learn and maybe share some of my limited knowledge.

silverfox103, KCClark, rcktpwrd, Wojtek, Buickman1 and GeoffB like this post

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

New Guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy from Ohio   New Guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 12:33 pm

Welcome aboard Allan!

You'll like it here.  If you've owned it for 10 years, you'll be answering questions also.

We're waiting for pictures, as we all like them.

Not them I'm going to do it, but would like to see and hear about the rear butterfly windows.  A member here did that probably @15 years  ago, he's not around as much as he used to be.  He's quite the innovator Pat--"buickestate".

Tom
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

New Guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy from Ohio   New Guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2023 6:24 pm

Welcome aboard. Did you use Malibu vent window motors?
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
AMH_92

New Guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy from Ohio   New Guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 3:09 pm

Thanks for the welcomes.
Yes, the vent window motors/actuators are from a '78-'80? Malibu 4 door sedan rear door vent windows. Those Malibus had the fixed door glass and that was the only way to get air back there. The Malibu wagon was the same deal but the vent window motors are totally different/won't work. It was pretty easy, the hard part was finding the things,  the tricky part was coming up with a trim cover for the actuator, finally figured out that rear pillar shoulder harness trim would work and look like it should be there. I think I had to pencil scribe them into the post trim curve them trim them a little to fit good and tight.  I will get some pics of my car posted, have to take some first. : )

New Guy from Ohio Dsc03210
New Guy from Ohio Qtr_wd10

Sprocket, silverfox103, rcktpwrd, Buickman1 and GeoffB like this post

Back to top Go down
GeoffB

GeoffB

New Guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy from Ohio   New Guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2023 4:18 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

New Guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy from Ohio   New Guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 10:45 am

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

New Guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy from Ohio   New Guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeTue Aug 15, 2023 6:07 pm

thx for pics. I have been looking for those mtrs forever.
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Wojtek

Wojtek

New Guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy from Ohio   New Guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 3:19 pm

Welcome aboard what part of Ohio are you in I'm in Columbia Station between Cleveland and Akron
Back to top Go down
AMH_92

New Guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy from Ohio   New Guy from Ohio Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2023 3:56 pm

I'm in Bainbridge township near Chagrin Falls/Solon. I was going to take the car to the Solon CommonsTuesday cruise station wagon/truck night last night but it was rained out. Rescheduled for next week. I won't be there, have to have my eyes fixed, my old man always told me not to get old, too late now. : )

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Guy from Ohio Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Guy from Ohio   New Guy from Ohio Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Guy from Ohio
Page 1 of 1