GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New guy OHIO

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cbrblackbird

New guy OHIO Empty
PostSubject: New guy OHIO   New guy OHIO Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2024 11:12 pm

Thanks for the join, Bought a 1996 Buick Roadmaster wagon off Insurance auction that had been donated. Bought new battery for it fired right up, runs fine, was way low on coolant don't know where it went,filled coolant can't find any leaks car drove about 10 miles everything good. Getting 4.10 gears installed, and new posi unit, my car does have Tow package... Hoping to build a sleeper. Gonna get it tuned on Dyno after some mods... wanting to drag race it some, Should be fun project...

Buickman1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

New guy OHIO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy OHIO   New guy OHIO Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 6:01 pm

way low on coolant could've been from a hole somewhere - hose, heater core, radiator - hopefully not a head gasket issue - you check under the oil cap and change the oil and observe the consistency?
my 96 died due to the head gasket/cracked block - was still running when the yard picked it up and i had driven it for quite a number of miles before it was clear it was done.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
Sprocket

Sprocket

New guy OHIO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy OHIO   New guy OHIO Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 1:51 pm

My 94 was the same when I bought it. on the 200 mile drive home I got about 180 before it overheated. stopped for lunch and put water in it to get home.

Took me 2 weeks to figure out it was the heater core and it was leaking out with the AC drip line. (I finally put my finger in the puddle and could feel the glycol).
If that is the case, you can either bypass it (but then the AC is full cold ALL the time) or swap it out. If you have to take out the passenger front seat (big difference in work space and only 6 bolts and a couple connectors)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New guy OHIO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New guy OHIO   New guy OHIO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy OHIO
Page 1 of 1