GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Door Weather Seals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteBird

WhiteBird

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 7:59 am

Good day one and all. A little help here please. I am replacing the front and rear doors weather seals. After 30 years they have started to deteriorate.
Steele Rubber.COM has them for $145.99 a set so one would need two sets to complete the task. But! they do not have what the GM service manual.
refers to as the weather strip roof side rail, auxiliary. Said " send us the original and we will try to match it". So, does anyone know of a company who
just might have said weather strip? Thankx Cheers, David R PS: The vehicle is a 93 RMW.
Back to top Go down
booster

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 8:06 am

From their website for that part.

Quote :
This is a universal push-on type Door Weatherstrip. Made with flexible steel core. Can be used for the front or rear entry doors. Purchase two (2) sets if needing all four (4) entry door seals for front and rear.
Back to top Go down
WhiteBird

WhiteBird

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 8:22 am

Thankx booster for the reply. any chance that you know where one can get the heavy rubber weather-
strip that runs from the front of the front door where it meets the fender to the rear of the rear door along the roof rail? Cheers
Back to top Go down
booster

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 8:24 am

Nope.
Back to top Go down
WhiteBird

WhiteBird

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2023 8:26 am

Thankx any ways. David R
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2023 10:07 pm

I can check on my next visit to the junkyard.
Back to top Go down
WhiteBird

WhiteBird

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 8:10 am

Thankx Fred. As you already know, those weatherstrips are glued in. don't go out of your way, But if
you happen to come across a real decent pair (they are left & right oriented) I am interested. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 12:10 pm

They are not glued, they are held on by the friction of the material.
Back to top Go down
WhiteBird

WhiteBird

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 7:05 pm

Dear Mr. Fred Kiehl.

Fred, we are talking about the upper roof rail weatherstrips. On my 96 RMW I was checking to see if it
it was or was not glued so I pull it away from behind the rear pax door. It was being held in by some sticky substance. I am far from the original owner of this vehicle and there has been a lot done to this vehicle.
so, the glue may have been added later. If it's frictioned on? that makes my task EZ-er. THANKX

Cheers,

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2023 9:30 pm

I probably have a set of them in my stash, but there is a wagon in the local yard right now, and I would like to harvest as much as possible, because they are so few and far between. They charge by the foot, so I do not know the exact price. Probably about $25 each plus shipping.
Back to top Go down
WhiteBird

WhiteBird

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 8:21 am

THANKX Fred. I am in no huge hurry, so when y'all roundup a good set just let me know and we'll work something out price wise. We are talking about the (weatherstrip roof rail aux) This is. how it's listed in the GM service manual. My manual has it as #7. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2023 12:27 pm

I know what part it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Door Weather Seals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Weather Seals   Door Weather Seals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Door Weather Seals
Page 1 of 1