GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

B body cover girl

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Walterf

B body cover girl Empty
PostSubject: B body cover girl   B body cover girl Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 9:04 pm

Just received the December 2023 issue of Hemmings Classic Car magazine. Cover photo and feature story is the 1991-96 Roadmaster Estate wagon and the Olds Custom Cruiser and Chevy Caprice clones, highlighting them (along with the 86-92 Toyota Supra) as the affordable next generation collecible cars. "Data is also showing tremendous growth in value and ownership desire for 1991-96 Buick Roadmaster station wagons. [It's] the last front engine/rear wheel drive station wagon that bucks the notion that a family can't go anywhere unless its in a minivan or mega-SUV." The article cites the luxury appointments, towing capacity and cool factor as reasons.

This is not the first time Hemmings has told readers about the increasing value and desireability of B body wagons. Will make me think twice before loading mine with another stack of 4x8 plywood.

Serendipity96, rcktpwrd and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

B body cover girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: B body cover girl   B body cover girl Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2023 12:35 pm

B body cover girl S-l16012

The photo is not yet on the Hemmings site here, but I found it on eBay.

rcktpwrd likes this post

Back to top Go down
AMH_92

B body cover girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: B body cover girl   B body cover girl Icon_minitimeSat Oct 14, 2023 3:35 pm

That's either a giant Toyota, a mini Buick, or a badly photoshopped cover?
You can fit 4x8 sheets in the back, but you have to move the seat so far forward there's no room to get in the car without tilting the wheel up all the way up like a bus and having your knees hitting you in the face, forget about reaching the pedals with your knees crammed into the dash. : )
Back to top Go down
Walterf

B body cover girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: B body cover girl   B body cover girl Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2023 10:03 am

When the weather's fair, I'll haul them with the tailgate down. But if I hit rain with $100 walnut veneer sheets, I'll suffer the indignity of moving the seat up and pity the guys in their $60K pick ups with the wet loads.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

B body cover girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: B body cover girl   B body cover girl Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2023 5:08 pm

I'll haul whatever in the world I want to in the back of my station wagon. Of course I will never ever give a damn about what some magazine or millionaire car auction thinks my car is worth either Wink

Of course, it's going on air ride, the third row seating was scrapped as well as the roof rack and the means to attach them so it will never be worth anything in their eyes. It's a Caprice anyways and they only really care about the Buicks.

I still laugh about the guy on a facebook page that paid around 15k for a Caprice with LOW MILES. Nevermind the busted up front bumper and thousands in repairs it needed just so he could drive it very little so the VALUE isn't hurt.

Sprocket, silverfox103, jetfire88, Serendipity96, rcktpwrd and Buickman1 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

B body cover girl Empty
PostSubject: Re: B body cover girl   B body cover girl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B body cover girl
Page 1 of 1