GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1991 CC Remote Lock system

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JEFFSHADOW

JEFFSHADOW

1991 CC Remote Lock system Empty
PostSubject: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeSun Dec 31, 2023 2:43 pm

I just discovered that my 1991 CC does not have the remote lock system (no "AUO" RPO code and no TRW box. Can I remove a box from a locally just-arrived 1994 Buick Roadmaster at a wrecking yard and upgrade my wagon? Could it be plug and play, or maybe with proper wiring connections?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 6:23 pm

You need the cross car harness from a wagon with remote lock system. It may have to come from a 91 OCC to work in the 91 (Roadmaster will work). The box should have gray connectors on it to be correct for a 91. I do not know if the 92-93 (green connectors), or 94-96 (black connectors) will work with the 91. I believe the ones with the green connectors will work. If you get the cross car harness from a 92-93, it may work as well.

The cross car harness runs from behind the left kick panel, under the seats and to all for doors as well as under the middle row seat and over the wheelhouse. It may also have a lead that goes under the right kick panel to a connector. The wiring over the left wheelhouse may continue to the D pillar. The Limited seat wiring harness from a Roadmaster wagon will not work with the OCC seats. I do not know if the harness from an 84 will work in the 91, because there were some design changes in the electrical circuits.

If you have a FSM you may be able to fabricate a harness for the remote lock module, but you will need the connectors to the module. Your module should have the same code with a T for transmitter, and R for receiver. They may work with different code numbers, but I can not verify the functionality of mixing them. The 91 has the grounding wire under the right D pillar, and the 92-93 has it located under the left D pillar. The 91 has the bastard wiring of all bubble B-bodies. Even the engine harness is different from the 92-93s.

JEFFSHADOW likes this post

Back to top Go down
JEFFSHADOW

JEFFSHADOW

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 3:24 pm

Thank you, Fred, for your reply. Since there is still a 1991 Roadmaster wagon at a Pick Your Part closer to my home, that may be the better source for the cross car harness, unless this Buick is a Limited version. I know it does not have leather interior. I have already removed the coolant bottle from this car as mine had rusted connectors. Since my right front turn lens is loose, I will inspect this wagon at PYP in Victorville and see if that part still remains. This PYP location is known for holding cars for up to six months.

Last edited by JEFFSHADOW on Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 5:08 pm

JEFFSHADOW wrote:
It appears that there is no way to edit/correct a message here on the forum. I meant to type "1994" Roadmaster, not 1984.

Fixed, you should see an "edit" button on the top right of your post. If you don't see it, you may have to have 5 posts first.

Tom

Last edited by silverfox103 on Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 5:12 pm

JEFFSHADOW wrote:
It appears that there is no way to edit/correct a message here on the forum. I meant to type "1994" Roadmaster, not 1984.

Fixed, you should see and "edit" button on the top right. If you don't, you probably have to have 5 posts.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 6:15 pm

I believe you have a limited time to edit your post. I think it is 5 minutes.

The 91 should fit without issue. Get the receiver module from the 91 Buick, and if you need a correct code transmitter, I may have one. I believe the transmitter code ABO 0103T and 0104T (on the back of the fob) will work with the 91 or 92 receiver 0103R 0104R (gray or green connectors). I have 0104T on both of my car's transmitters. I have a 91 and 92 OCC. They are programmed to their respective transmitters and do not work on the "other" car.

Back to top Go down
JEFFSHADOW

JEFFSHADOW

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 7:51 pm

So, besides the receiver module, I will need to remove the cross car harness wiring, correct? And would it be fair to presume that my 1991 will have an unattached connector for this harness either within the right or left kick panels?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 8:13 pm

There should be no unattached connectors at the front of the car.
You can only get the circuits you need with the entire harness. Fortunately the 91 OCC and the 91 Roadmaster wagon have the same harness provided they are equally equipped.
Back to top Go down
JEFFSHADOW

JEFFSHADOW

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 9:05 pm

I meant unattached connectors in my CC because it has no remote locking system from the factory and the connectors would be there in case the vehicle had the remote option included. So, you are saying I need the entire car body and engine/firewall harness all the back to the D-pillar?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 9:47 pm

You do not need the engine or firewall harness. The cross car harness goes under the seats and carpet. It plugs into the firewall harness on both sides. It goes into all doors and under the middle row seat on the left side, then over the left rear wheelhouse, and to the D pillar. It detaches from the roof harness at the B pillar.

Before you get the harness, check your car for the connectors where the receiver will reside in case they put the harness for the keyless entry system in the car.

Back to top Go down
JEFFSHADOW

JEFFSHADOW

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2024 1:23 pm

In the two months since I last visited this 1991 Buick Roadmaster, others have removed most of the interior (and the right rear door!) and the vehicle wiring harness took about two hours to remove. I could not get anywhere within the firewall and had to cut several wires that went across the dash area to the right side. The TRW receiver and harness were in full view when I arrived. The two connectors were there also. The three-wire one sends a black wire to the right D-pillar for the remote lock activation. The second has eight wires that I will need to see where they go to make the system work. Other visitors had cut the wires to the left rear door and driver door, so I will probably leave the original harness there and then splice the receiver wires to where they belong. I removed the fuse box in case I need that for my CC. I did "unclick" the two connectors on the left kick panel area and retained all of those wires. The wire across the roof ahead of the vista glass went to the interior B-opening lights so I left those alone.

Last edited by JEFFSHADOW on Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Update on roof wires and attempting to add three photos.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1991 CC Remote Lock system   1991 CC Remote Lock system Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1991 CC Remote Lock system
Page 1 of 1