GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fumes in cabin.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Strumph

Fumes in cabin. Empty
PostSubject: Fumes in cabin.   Fumes in cabin. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2024 4:41 pm

Hi guys, a problem that I've encountered on my 96 RMW that I've never had on other vehicles is when my heat or A/C are on , the car will draw in fumes from other vehicles if your in traffic.  If I switch it off its then ok. These cars are too old for cabin filters so does anyone else have this problem and solutions to it.
Thanks
Strumpet.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

Fumes in cabin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fumes in cabin.   Fumes in cabin. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 2:21 am

Try setting the system to Recirculate.
Back to top Go down
Strumph

Fumes in cabin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fumes in cabin.   Fumes in cabin. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 9:41 am

Ok, thanks Rev Bob. I will give that a try and see how it goes. 👍
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Fumes in cabin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fumes in cabin.   Fumes in cabin. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 10:34 am

A cabin filter would not stop exterior odors. It only stops particulate matter.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Fumes in cabin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fumes in cabin.   Fumes in cabin. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 11:35 am

A guess: common problem, if the heater core is leaking, besides having your floor damp, you will get an oily fume smell. If you shut the AC / heater off, it probably lessens the smell.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Strumph

Fumes in cabin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fumes in cabin.   Fumes in cabin. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 2:19 pm

I don't have any wet floors or problems with the heater, it's just when I get up to the back of vehicles, particularly diesel vehicles that its drawn in and also if someone is burning stuff it is drawn in but only when AC/heater is on.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Fumes in cabin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fumes in cabin.   Fumes in cabin. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 31, 2024 7:22 pm

The intake for the climate control is in front of the passenger below the cowl. The only way to avoid intaking outside air is to turn off the fan.
Back to top Go down
Strumph

Fumes in cabin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fumes in cabin.   Fumes in cabin. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 4:15 am

Ok, thanks Fred.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fumes in cabin. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fumes in cabin.   Fumes in cabin. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fumes in cabin.
Page 1 of 1