GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!

Go down 
+11
Cadet57
93wgn
Sprocket
bigoldv8
Krzdimond
94Woody
toomanytoyz
phantom 309
200OZ
silverfox103
81X11
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Never saw Purple Passion in the bottle,mine always came in one of those big white starfoam coolers.Always put a unopened bag of ice in a then mixed accordingly.When the party started
you ripped a hole in the bag and started the party.WooHoo,sweet memories at least the ones
I remember anyhow.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 10:42 am

So Eddie got in trouble with Grandaddy yesterday afternoon because he and two of his friends jacked up my '67 GTO basket-case to see the underside.

Dad said he heard some noise in the garage came out to found three 10-11 year-olds under the car discussing "fixing" it. He said they had a jack under the engine crossmember and another one on the frame under the driver's side door, and the car was WAY up in the air. Dad said it about scared him to death.

When I got home I told Eddie he is not to jack up a car without an adult there, but inside I was cheering that he's finally taking an interest in the project!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:11 pm

Mike you do know that this will be more his car than yours by the time you get it done for his college graduation or wedding, whichever comes last......
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 pm

buickestate wrote:
Mike you do know that this will be more his car than yours by the time you get it done for his college graduation or wedding, whichever comes last......

Actually Eddie is truck kid. I've got that K5 Blazer for him I still need to nab in New Jersey. Once he has that I doubt he'll look at the GTO again. It's my youngest, Tuck, that loves the GTO. I think it will go to him someday.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:19 pm

81X11 wrote:
So Eddie got in trouble with Grandaddy yesterday afternoon because he and two of his friends jacked up my '67 GTO basket-case to see the underside.

Dad said he heard some noise in the garage came out to found three 10-11 year-olds under the car discussing "fixing" it. He said they had a jack under the engine crossmember and another one on the frame under the driver's side door, and the car was WAY up in the air. Dad said it about scared him to death.

When I got home I told Eddie he is not to jack up a car without an adult there, but inside I was cheering that he's finally taking an interest in the project!

-Mike

Well Mike,
For safety's sake you should ship that GTO to me!
Joe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 7:44 pm

TEACH THOSE BOYS ABOUT JACKSTANDS NOW!You know they are curious about the underside
so just teach them please!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 9:40 pm

^ What he said.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 pm

I always use jackstands. Dad said Eddie had a jack under the front crossmember under the motor and another one on the frame under the driver's side door. I guess he though two jacks equalled a stand??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:54 pm

Jacks fail even the good ones,just take all the boys out in the garage and show them the right way to use them.It may save a life sometime in the future!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:00 am

Man this sure is motivation for me to get off my tail on my car. A near twin except my car has a/c and no vinyl top!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221232391971&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1123

Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 $T2eC16N,!zUE9s389zFjBRolONd8!!~~60_3
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 10:56 am

81X11 wrote:
A near twin except my car has a/c and no vinyl top!

You're right Mike, it is a twin. You almost can't tell them apart.

I had a 67 GTO, 400 4 spd in great shape. I bought a 72 Buick Electra and sold the GTO to a brother for $500, I think. That was probably the going rate back in the early 70's. He didn't have it a week and he totaled it. Oh well. That's how I got into Buicks, 40 years ago.

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 12:00 pm

You almost can't tell them apart.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:35 am

That color looks so cool. I can't tell, is that a metallic color, or just a solid purple? Might look mighty cool on a Roady wagon, I'm thinkin....
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 8:48 am

So'd you get that damn thing running yet? Did you ever find out if it had oil pressure?

I would so be driving it as I fixed it! Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 9:39 am

Happy cleaned-the-junk-off-the GTO Monday. Eddie helped me clean the garage over the holiday weekend and we dug the GTO out.

This car is NOT a storage shelf....it's garage art...

Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 1486101_10202645186881534_1167465727_o

Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 1403786_1381434098772166_1062143993_o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!   Ok another off topic but had to share this prize.  WHAT A DAY! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok another off topic but had to share this prize. WHAT A DAY!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2