GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Power Antenna has become "self aware!"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zonaman

zonaman

Power Antenna has become "self aware!" Empty
PostSubject: Power Antenna has become "self aware!"   Power Antenna has become "self aware!" Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 12:34 pm

It seems like my power antenna has come to life again, but not in a good way:  Heretofore, it was stuck in the up position. As of today, I can here the antenna motor trying to raise or lower the mast but it won't stop!  I wound up pulling the circuit breaker on it to make it stop.  According to the owner's manual, in addition to protecting the power antenna relay, it also protects the "power seat" However, I noticed the power seat (driver's side only in my wagon)  still functions.   

Questions:
1. Is there a issue with leaving that circuit breaker (#1)  out?  
2.Can the antenna be disconnected at some other easy to reach source?
3. I notice the manual refers to "power seat switches" being covered by circuit breaker #3- this is confusing; could some explain?.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna has become "self aware!"   Power Antenna has become "self aware!" Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 4:05 pm

I have XM radio (which runs through the car radio), so I don't need the antenna. Rather than have it go up and down all the time I disconnected the male / female plug. You can access it under the hood, passenger side. You may have to search a little for it, but easy to find.

Tom

zonaman likes this post

Back to top Go down
zonaman

zonaman

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna has become "self aware!"   Power Antenna has become "self aware!" Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 8:27 pm

What's it look like?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna has become "self aware!"   Power Antenna has become "self aware!" Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 9:19 pm

You'll find it by the antenna, in the back corner by the firewall. It's where the wire from the antenna, plugs into the main harness.

zonaman likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Antenna has become "self aware!"   Power Antenna has become "self aware!" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Antenna has become "self aware!"
Page 1 of 1