GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sounds SO GOOD!

Go down 
+5
BigBlackBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
GSBULLDOG
Sprocket
81X11
9 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:06 am

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:36 pm

lol, my 91 Olds sounds like that now Smile got a 4 inch hole in the muffler and it sounds bad A$$. I've had three guys at work as me what kind of exhaust mods I've done hee hee hee
Back to top Go down

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Sounds kinda like mine.
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:41 am

81x11 what is your exhaust set up ? sounds great !
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:44 am

my bad thought it was your wagon . but do you still know the set up on it ?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 am

Was that thing even running????????
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:40 pm

Sounds nice.......
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:59 am

The exhaust on my '96 is basically stock, but I replaced the the factory mufflers with Flowmaster 40's. I left the stock resonators in place in the back. I think it sounds wonderful. Burbles like a motorboat at idle, sounds awesome when I get on it, yet it's nice and quiet with the cruise control engaged on the highway. ; )

The one in the Youtube vid also has Flowmasters, but uses Borla midpipes and no resonators. I was really torn about taking off the resonators. Almost did, have heard Impalas with them off and they sound great, but in talking to folks you hear the exhaust a lot more on the highway. Think what I did is a good compromise between too quiet and too loud.

Another tip is to wet-sand the exhaust tips with fine sandpaper, then steel wool, and then use some metal polish on them. They will shine up really well!

-Mike

Sounds SO GOOD! RoadmasterGS004
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 am

Geez... All these comments about the way this thing sounds so I just listened to it again and still all I can hear is the cooling fan...? WTH are you guys hearing???? I hear it for just a sec when he revs it, but it's mostly fan noise... ?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:08 pm

You love you cars ear piercingly loud. I guess the rest of us a little more subtle. That is ok for a weekend car (my Impala) but not for a daily. When you have some day where you put a tank of gas in a day, that is a long time to listen to the drone.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:09 pm

81X11 wrote:
The exhaust on my '96 is basically stock, but I replaced the the factory mufflers with Flowmaster 40's. I left the stock resonators in place in the back. I think it sounds wonderful. Burbles like a motorboat at idle, sounds awesome when I get on it, yet it's nice and quiet with the cruise control engaged on the highway. ; )

The one in the Youtube vid also has Flowmasters, but uses Borla midpipes and no resonators. I was really torn about taking off the resonators. Almost did, have heard Impalas with them off and they sound great, but in talking to folks you hear the exhaust a lot more on the highway. Think what I did is a good compromise between too quiet and too loud.

Another tip is to wet-sand the exhaust tips with fine sandpaper, then steel wool, and then use some metal polish on them. They will shine up really well!

-Mike

Sounds SO GOOD! RoadmasterGS004

I have the exact same set up. But something tells me your is cleaner!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:30 pm

toomany your car must sound like a day at the track . that wagon on the video sounded sweet .
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:27 am

I think that wagon sounds good.

I have the same argument with the straight-pipe Harley guys. They want to be heard from a mile away. I think that if it's loud
enough to annoy people, it's being rude. My right to swing my exhaust note ends at the tip of your ear.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
81X11

81X11

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:38 am

And I still don't hear my engine-driven fan.....

I DO hear the electric fans roar on in the Impala SS cars. ; )
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Wow, I guess my wagon is loud then when the VT's valves open.....

Usually those Flowmaster 40's are real loud, but the resonators must keep them in check. Sounds good for a everyday driver, but I prefer a little more when on the loud pedal.
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 10:50 pm

Damn that thing is clean. That's how clean my first RMW was.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 am

Here is my old DGGM wagon, Wagon #2, with the stock pipes, 40series Flowmasters and no resonators. I thought it sounded good but it was a little too loud. I think the resonators would've helped a great deal but I wanted the exhaust to exit just behind the wheel. I was told the 50 series Flowmaster would be just a little quieter than the 40 so my plan is to, someday, put 50 series Flowmaster on my current wagon with the tips just hehind the back wheel. I would really like to figure a way to have the exhause exit from inside the rear bumper like the N-25 option on the GS.
Sounds SO GOOD! Th_MVI_1114
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sounds SO GOOD! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sounds SO GOOD!   Sounds SO GOOD! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sounds SO GOOD!
Page 1 of 1