GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new rockers yesterday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

new rockers yesterday Empty
PostSubject: new rockers yesterday   new rockers yesterday Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:43 pm

i put on my new roller rockers yesterday they are 1.6. they went on with no problems but the rocker nut is close to the valve cover only have a 1/8 of clearence. my friend found them in his shop. they are new and were not in original box. they were in the foam packing but in some brown box. he is a ford guy and was not sure where they came from. i told him they were self alighning chevys. so he gave them to me. i am going to take it to track and see if they make an improvement.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: new rockers yesterday   new rockers yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 9:25 pm

went to track on thurs. the wagon ran best of 14.37. my previous best was 14.32 but that was in middle of winter it was freezing cold. in the summer i went it was in high 80 i went best of 14.56. so i cant say what a difference they made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new rockers yesterday   new rockers yesterday Icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 11:14 pm

Well Motorhead,at least it didnt seem to hurt your cars performance.Did you check the valve
stemhead to rocker arm contact point ?I know its called something else but its where the rocker
arm roller contacts the valve stems head.I think its suppose to make its contact at the center
of the valve stems head.You can use machinist dye on the stem to show the contact point.
Must be close or your valve covers wouldnt bolt back on.
What did you set your lash at,as I use to go 1/2 turn past intial contact at TDC.Wow its been
long time since I messed with a engines vslve train!
Good Luck
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: new rockers yesterday   new rockers yesterday Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 6:27 pm

jim i did not check the valve contact pattern. i think if it was colder the car would have run better. i think my posi is going bad also i had my buddy watch the rear wheels when i did burn out twice only 1 wheel was spinning. my 60 ' time was bad also. i will have to start building my cop car rear i have next.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: new rockers yesterday   new rockers yesterday Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Just like my NON-Hot Rod.... Every time I add a mod it goes slower....... Go figure Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new rockers yesterday   new rockers yesterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new rockers yesterday
Page 1 of 1