GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.

Go down 
+5
94X2
94Woody
DBeaSSt
BigBlackBeaSSt
81X11
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Empty
PostSubject: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:53 am

Going to Dallas this weekend to celebrate an early Christmas on Saturday with my wife's family, since lots of folks are going away for the actual holiday.

My Christmas gift is I got a free pass for Sunday morning so will be hitting as many salvage yards as I can in the DFW area. Got to drive home Sun afternoon but am going to yard from 9-2. These are the best yards in the state as far as I'm concerned. Cheap prices, huge yards, and zero rust.

So ping me with your holiday wish lists. I'll have a little cash with me, but will not be able to get big stuff like hoods and such, sorry, no room and no time, but if you're looking for trim or stuff like that, let me know. I'll print off whatever lists you send and take them with me. Will have camera in hand too so will post pics and locations of any good finds so you'll know where cars are if you need bigger pieces.

Looking forward to it! Big D is the best for yards!

Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. CEphoto
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. BugDal
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:12 am

81X11 (Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 6:53) wrote:
Going to Dallas this weekend to celebrate an early Christmas on Saturday with my wife's family, since lots of folks are going away for the actual holiday.

My Christmas gift is I got a free pass for Sunday morning so will be hitting as many salvage yards as I can in the DFW area. Got to drive home Sun afternoon but am going to yard from 9-2. These are the best yards in the state as far as I'm concerned. Cheap prices, huge yards, and zero rust.

So ping me with your holiday wish lists. I'll have a little cash with me, but will not be able to get big stuff like hoods and such, sorry, no room and no time, but if you're looking for trim or stuff like that, let me know. I'll print off whatever lists you send and take them with me. Will have camera in hand too so will post pics and locations of any good finds so you'll know where cars are if you need bigger pieces.

Looking forward to it! Big D is the best for yards!

Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. CEphoto
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. BugDal

Definitely pull that clean grille (if it is 100% or close). Keep it for yourself or ship it to me and I will pay you for it. If I can get it for $35 or less all in (with shipping about $12) send her up!!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:22 am

Those pics are from my last Dallas yarding adventure over the summer. Sorry but I'm sure that car is long gone....however I usually do pretty well up there. Lots of cars.

So you want me to look for a grill? 10-4. At Pick-N-Pull they are rarely over $20.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:25 am

Normally when I hit Dallas yards it's always 110 degrees and I nearly get heatstroke. Got a cold front coming in and it's going to only be 61 degrees Sunday! But sunny, sounds like perfect yarding weather.

Is it the weekend yet??

-Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:47 am

You should pull all the stainless trim for yourself of to sell and the wood trim molding if it is straight.

Tim
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:57 am

I could use a set of nice front wheel well trim from a woody RMW.

Always on the lookout for Custom Cruiser grille's and tail lights too. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:27 am

Anyone know how the wide stainless trim comes off the tailgate? Mine has a dent in it and I might find a good one. Never pulled that wide trim before.

See the dent on the upper right side of the trim? Has bothered me since I bought the car..
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. RoadmasterGS012

Last edited by 81X11 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:30 am

Mike is it the wood trim that goes around the wheel-well you need? I can get that I bet, had to replace that on mine when I re-painted all the trim. Do you just need the wheel trim or the pointed part that goes behind the turn signal/cornering light?

Will be on the lookot for Custom Cruisers. Didn't realize the Cruisers had different tail lights.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:51 am

81X11 (Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 8:27) wrote:
Anyone know how the wide stainless trim comes off the tailgate? Mine has a dent in it and I might find a good one. Never pulled that wide trim before.

There is screws (or nuts) holding on the trim at the ends. Then you have clips holding the trim to studs along the length of it. One edge (top or bottom) of these clips is a spring the other is solid. I believe the tail gate has a sprung top edge. So push down on the trim on the spring side of the clips. Pull the opposing sided out away from the car. It should then pop right off. I know the rear quarter trim you must push down (There are screws on the bottom of the skirt as well). The doors trim pulls up (sprung bottom edge) and also have fasteners fore and aft.

81X11 (Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 8:30) wrote:
Mike is it the wood trim that goes around the wheel-well you need? I can get that I bet, had to replace that on mine when I re-painted all the trim. Do you just need the wheel trim or the pointed part that goes behind the turn signal/cornering light?

Will be on the lookot for Custom Cruisers. Didn't realize the Cruisers had different tail lights.

At u-pull its I pull all three pieces on the front quarter at once. I then usually get the three for the price market on the sheet as a trim piece!!! Great deal when you can find them in good shape.

Tim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:56 am

Thanks for all the info! Looking forward to this weekend's road trip.

We're taking the wagon. Misty didn't even put up a fight. It gets much better mileage than the Suburban and the seats are SO much more comfy than the buckets in the Grand Prix.

She won't admit it but she liked it when we took the wagon to Dallas on that last trip. It's such a comfy car on the highway.

I'm so ready to GO!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:42 am

81X11 (Thu 16 Dec - 8:30) wrote:

Each wagon, Caprice, Roady and Cruiser has unique tail lights. Wink

And what I need is just the piece that goes around the wheel well in the fronts. The "lower" wood trim if you will. Though nab the rest for yourself, they're hard to come by. Wink
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:43 am

Will be on the lookout.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:45 am

And I never noticed the tail lights were different for each model. Will have to check that out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:00 am

First things first,Mike have a great time and be safe!What I need is the RR(right rear) door lower stainless molding
strip,the RR strip over the fenderwell and the short corner piece.All 3 of these pieces look like someones kid took a
rock and just beat the crap out of them.
Take care
Jim gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:04 am

Will see what I find. Glad too look. This will be the first time taken side trim off....will try not to screw it up.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:14 am

81X11 (Thu 16 Dec - 9:45) wrote:
And I never noticed the tail lights were different for each model. Will have to check that out.

Yup. It's the length below the backup light that's different to accommodate the different trims. RMW is the shortest. I think the Cruisers have the longest lights, not 100% on that though. And darned hard to find nice ones too!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:22 am

Ah, makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Driver side rear door, Caprice. I need the lower chrome trim that attaches to the door.

Thank You
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:03 pm

Adding to the list!
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:09 pm

Like Tim said, the tailgate stainless is really easy to get off. I believe, though that the sprung side is on the bottom. I just had to put mine back on - one of the screws fell out and when I lowered the gate the trim popped off Rolling Eyes

I need the drivers door stainless with the rubber molding - or at the very least the molding. I could actually use an entire dcm front clip and drivers door nut that might be a little difficult due to the distance!

Jon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:22 pm

Cargo area light covers - you would be my hero.

I wonder what shipping would be on a good set of 15" trim rings... new ones are nice and all, but I can't see $40-50 for something so simple. I'm poor and cheap! Laughing

Last edited by Stingroo on Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:24 pm

Will do! Those hard to find?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:25 pm

No clue, I've never found a wagon in a yard before. Sad Only sedans.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:27 pm

Oh, ok, 10-4. I've never looked for those covers, my car has them both. Are they easy to break or something? Is there a trick to getting them off?

Wish I'd known, there was a clean Chevy wagon in the yard in Belton last weekend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:29 pm

No clue, my car only had one when I bought it, and then my other one, I stupidly broke trying to pop it off to remove the light back there. It looks all cold and lonely in the back seating area now. Sad

I know they have a clip on them, I assume they just slide down (or up?) I stupidly tried to pry them... not good.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:30 pm

Ok group, awaiting instructions so I don't make the same mistake!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:58 pm

They become faded and brittle with age and can break very easily. I had to replace one of my bulbs and if I remember correctly they just pop right off.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Ok...will put those on my lookin list from now on. Make sure I get some spares for myself too.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm still on the lookout for a 94-96 drivers interior door panel in tan or gray (would have to SEM dye it tan but it'd work ok).

Grab any sail panels you see too, as they are always in need around here along with the stuff others have mentioned.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:00 am

81X11 wrote:
Adding to the list!

Thank you. I have needed this part for a long time and have had no luck in acquiring one.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:10 am

Got the tools loaded in the car. Will print all these off at the end of the workday and see what I can find.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:04 am

I have never seen cargo lights in any wagons at the yard myself. I'm still looking for a DS door bezel for a 94+ RMW. I need the plastic with the wood grain on it that sits above and below the door handle/speaker.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:27 pm

OK Gang, I'm off to Big D

Here's my shopping list!

-Definitely pull that clean grille (if it is 100% or close). Keep it for yourself or ship it to me and I will pay you for it. If I can get it for $35 or less all in (with shipping about $12) send her up!! Tim Swink

-I could use a set of nice front wheel well trim from a woody RMW. Always on the lookout for Custom Cruiser grille's and tail lights too.
MikeLRRS

-What I need is the RR(right rear) door lower stainless molding strip,the RR strip over the fenderwell and the short corner piece.All 3 of these pieces look like someones kid took a rock and just beat the crap out of them. Jim Gordon

-Driver side rear door, Caprice. I need the lower chrome trim that attaches to the door. Thank You 94Woody

-I need the drivers door stainless with the rubber molding - or at the very least the molding. I could actually use an entire dcm front clip and drivers door nut that might be a little difficult due to the distance! - Jon

-Cargo area light covers - Stingroo

-I'm still on the lookout for a 94-96 drivers interior door panel in tan or gray (would have to SEM dye it tan but it'd work ok).- Sprocket

-I'm still looking for a DS door bezel for a 94+ RMW. I need the plastic with the wood grain on it that sits above and below the door handle/speaker. 95BRMW

And for myself:

'96 Roadmaster:

-Tail Gate lower stainless trim

-Lower tail gate hinge assembly

-Dark Red drivers side door panel and both front+rt rear door handle trim

-Left front bumper stainless trim

-The spoke red leather Buick sport steering wheel

-GS emblems (always)

'88 Cutlass:

-Cutlass Supreme Classic pillar emblems, plus Olds trunk and hood emblems

-Black tilt wheel lever (Ciera/Celeb)

-Steering wheel Olds emblem

-Black seat adjustment knob

-Wood trim around shifter

-Stock stereo with 5-band equalizer or stock Delco CD stereo.

'01 Pontiac Grand Prix

- Climate Control head knobs

- Steering wheel radio buttons - non-worn

'03 Suburban

-Passenger side fog light lense.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh oh. Two or three more things please?

A non pitted caprice hood ornament and the brackets that the rear bench (not the third row) mount to out of a 94+ wagon. Also the belt trim that goes over the right rear wheel, color not important, but the chrome can't be peeling, looks like this:

Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Chevrolet_Caprice_wagon-1-1

I don't *need* the brackets, but if you find them and they arent crazy expensive id love to have them so I can mount my 95 rear bench.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:40 pm

Oh yeah, heck. I second a non-pitted hood ornament. Mine is missing half of its bowtie. lol
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 9:13 pm

If it is not too late. I am looking for a very small part that holds the spare tire cover to the other trim piece in the passenger side. There are 2 pieces to it and I only need the one with the opening that the other piece goes into and turns to lock it. Any wagon has the same trim piece, if it is still there. Thanks, Glenn
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:00 pm

Forgot to mention, the bezel is for a red interior.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 10:25 pm

driver's seat belt plastic in red. the part that holds the belt in an um erect position so you can snap it in with one hand. mines broken and I forgot how nice they are until I drove the wife's wagon last night..... Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:22 am

Ok Gang, back from Dallas. Sorry I didn't see any e-mails beyond where my parts list was.

Good trip, had my brother, wife, both kids and myself in the wagon, and the cargo area loaded so full of luggage and presents I could not see out the rear window coming or going. Still got over 20mpg....love that Roady!

Went yarding today with my brother-in-law. He drove the Roadmaster for the first time, and REALLY likes it. I may be on the looking for one for him soon, to replace his 180K mile Ford Expedition. ; )

Ok so as for parts. Only made it to three yards. Had limited time, and didn't even get over to Fort Worth.

Pics and parts are below:

Gorgeous day on the highway toward downtown Dallas today. Mid 60's and zero clouds. Perfect yard weather!
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas055

How about a classic Jaguar?
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas048
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas049

And here are the G-bodies..
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas052

Ummm ok...
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas054

Hey look a Roadmaster sedan
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas047

Hey look at TON of Roadmasters
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas050

A blue wagon:
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas051

A white wagon too
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas053

And here's what came home with me:
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas065
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas056
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas063
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas062
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas061
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas060
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas059
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas058
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas057
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Dallas064

- MikeLRSS I got a straight set of passenger side front fender wood trim off that whit wagon. The drivers side was dented up.

- Stingroo I got you a perfect set of cargo grab handle light covers...and one spare for me!

- Jon I got you the drivers door wide stainless trim off that white wagon. It's nearly perfect and the black trim is still on it.

I also got a good set of Gran Sport emblems like I have on my 1/4 panels if anyone needs them. They're in real good shape. I got the grill emblem too but the speed nuts broke off when I tried to remove them. You gould 3M Gorilla Snot ot double-stick tape it on. It's driver quality, not perfect.

I nabbed the rear stainless trim off that white wagon's tailgate for myself. Will be cleaning it up and putting it on soon.

Also got one perfect red inside rear door handle trim piece and two perfect front grey ones. May try to SEM them for my car.

Also got some parts for my Cutlass, Wife's Grand Prix, and a hood ornament for the 79 Buick. All in all a good day.

Sorry I didn't nab more, but I only had three hours in the yards and the yards are huge..

HOWEVER I will be going back to Dallas over the holiday break week-after-next. I'm going to pull the lower tailgate door hinge off that white wagon for my car. Will give a big heads-up before I go and refresh the "to-find" list.

-Mike

Oh and all those parts in the pics above came from Awesome Auto Salvage in Grand Prairie, off Loop 12. And all the parts cost me.....wait for it.....wait for it.....$15....that was for EVERYTHING in the pics. Lord I love Dallas!

So as for what you guys owe me for the parts I got you, lets figure out shipping and call it good.

Happy Holidays!

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 1:57 am

Oh and I saw a dirty white 94 RMW wagon on I-35 today. Gave the thumbs-up and the driver stared at me like I was insane. Oh well....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:06 am

PM me about the covers. Smile Paypal prepared.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:26 am

Awesome deal! I wish the yards around here looked half as good. PM sent on the molding.

Jon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 2:50 pm

81X11 wrote:
Oh and I saw a dirty white 94 RMW wagon on I-35 today. Gave the thumbs-up and the driver stared at me like I was insane. Oh well....

Thats funny. I have stopped at peoples houses who have wagons. Two were glad I stopped and VERY interested in wagon talk. One thought....er....knew I was nuts!!!!!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:02 pm

I went yarding this morning myself. Pickings were slim, 2 93 wagons there. One black caprice and a LAB RMW. The Caprice is a repaint, was silver. No D pillar lenses as usual Mad . These were some clean wagons, no rot, just surface rust on the frames, real shame they were there. The wood trim on the roady was junk, the stainless was dented or missing. I grabbed the vent windows (the ones that were intact) and the spare cover screw things. There was also a black B4U caprice sedan with cloth power red guts. Paint still on the steering wheel, must be low milage. No rust as well. If this yard would sell just the quarters it would be great, but I think someone here tried to buy them and they would only sell half a car! This was at the chuch and eddies in southington CT
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Capricewagon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 3:49 pm

95BRMW wrote:
If this yard would sell just the quarters it would be great, but I think someone here tried to buy them and they would only sell half a car! This was at the chuch and eddies in southington CT

Yeah, that was me. Drove 45 mins down to that place. Guy was an asshole. Shame too, another clean wagon and they wont cut the quarters "because its too much work and I'd have to remove the interior" But they'll sell ya the whole rear clip for $350! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:08 pm

95BRMW wrote:
I went yarding this morning myself. Pickings were slim, 2 93 wagons there. One black caprice and a LAB RMW. The Caprice is a repaint, was silver. No D pillar lenses as usual Mad . These were some clean wagons, no rot, just surface rust on the frames, real shame they were there. The wood trim on the roady was junk, the stainless was dented or missing. I grabbed the vent windows (the ones that were intact) and the spare cover screw things. There was also a black B4U caprice sedan with cloth power red guts. Paint still on the steering wheel, must be low milage. No rust as well. If this yard would sell just the quarters it would be great, but I think someone here tried to buy them and they would only sell half a car! This was at the chuch and eddies in southington CT
Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Capricewagon

Oh man, I really need that lower door trim. They get everything in my local yards EXCEPT for Caprice wagons.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:52 pm

Man I would kill for that driver's power seat if it were in good shape. God I wish I were closer.. Sad I need to get out to the yards, dammit.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Stingroo wrote:
PM me about the covers. Smile Paypal prepared.

Just PM'd you. Been in company tainings this week (zzzzzzzz) so sorry for not getting back sooner!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:59 pm

I like that black Caprice....good find!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:23 am

Headed back to Dallas this Sunday for some yarding and to tow my Christmas Gift from the in-laws home.

Have re-printed the "watch" list. Will follow up with everyone later.

As for the parts nabbed last time, my wife is going to ship they out through her work on Monday. Will PM folks when shipped.

Happy early New Years all!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.   Fair advanced warning gang!!   Salvage yarding Sunday. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fair advanced warning gang!! Salvage yarding Sunday.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next