GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snow hearse

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

Snow hearse Empty
PostSubject: Snow hearse   Snow hearse Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:04 pm

We got a bunch more snow here in NJ the other day, so I thought I'd do some creative snow removal on my Caprice. Looks a lot like this '95 or '96 Caprice hearse I saw around here a few years ago, I put pics of that below. Must be a "first call" hearse, cause it's pretty plain. Maybe even home made? Anyone seen one like this before? Note the rear gate modifications too.

It's snow hearse: (get it?)
Snow hearse P1000911
Seen in Shrewsbury in 2008:
Snow hearse 05270811
Snow hearse 05270812
Snow hearse 05270813
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Snow hearse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow hearse   Snow hearse Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:25 pm

Cool Lionel,should have done Laundau bars too Very Happy

The hearse you saw looks like the rear window was simply covered,but still opens upwards.

The hinges are changed because the tailgate won't open far enough to fit the casket in.

The outside handle has me confused,unless the rear glass does open with it Question
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

Snow hearse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow hearse   Snow hearse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:33 am

lornejay1 wrote:

Cool Lionel,should have done Laundau bars too Very Happy

The hearse you saw looks like the rear window was simply covered,but still opens upwards.

The hinges are changed because the tailgate won't open far enough to fit the casket in.

The outside handle has me confused,unless the rear glass does open with it Question

I'm thinking they must have the rear glass fixed to the gate, otherwise they wouldn't need that handle. And you're right about those hinges, that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Snow hearse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snow hearse   Snow hearse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow hearse
Page 1 of 1