GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!

Go down 
+9
Sprocket
lornejay1
buickestate
DBeaSSt
94Woody
Bewber
94X2
toomanytoyz
BigBlackBeaSSt
13 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Empty
PostSubject: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:51 am

First off, my son and his girl are just fine. Moving at about 20 mph hit a slippery spot on a corner. Steered away from the creek to hit the bridge.

Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! P1230589

Double air bag deployment.

Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! P1230591

Of course the passenger airbag took out the windshield.

Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! P1230592

Any one need any Monte Carlo parts. My son needs the money to buy a new car. This one is off to the junk yard!!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:12 am

Glad they are ok!

That car was cursed anyways... Time for another. Wink
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:39 am

I'm glad they weren't hurt. I believe airbags can cause more injuries than the actual collision in some cases.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 am

Glad to hear they are both OK!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 12:05 pm

Happy everybody is OK and happy that Monte Carlo is going away.I too believe it was out to do your wagon more harm.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 1:39 pm

Glad they are both OK.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:35 pm

Glad all are fine! And glad it wasn't your wagon that got hit again. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:37 pm

tim please pull the front and rear seats along with the console and shifter before you send it off to the boneyard
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Wow Tim,I am so used to clicking on a thread to see something else,I wasn't expecting this.

I too am glad they are OK.

Lorne.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:33 pm

Glad they are in good shape.

My friend got in her Kia SPortage one morning, turned the key and the drivers bag deployed in her face. Broke her nose, and some glass cuts from windshield pieces but other wise okay. looked like she went a few rounds.....
Last time she drove the Kia, got a new car after that episode.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 4:56 pm

I'm surprised that a low-speed collision would do so much damage. I'm glad they're okay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:19 pm

Good to hear they're ok. Sorry about the Monte.

Oh an I hare air bags too.....

Good luck helping with the new car search. Find him a nice supercharged Grand Prix or Bonneville. My 2-cents! ; )
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 7:55 am

He want to get a Honda, Toyota, etc.... Small gas mileage getter. I do not blame him.

Tim
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:32 am

Glas their OK Tim. Time to get your son into a B-body Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:50 am

95BRMW wrote:
Glas their OK Tim. Time to get your son into a B-body Very Happy

Never, unless I let him drive the Impala.......and the will NEVER happen.

He does not have oil in his veins like his old man!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:02 am

He should!

Glad they're alright. Sucks about the car though.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 5:11 pm

buickestate wrote:
tim please pull the front and rear seats along with the console and shifter before you send it off to the boneyard

Now driving to the yard on a milk crate!!.. I was going to play with the rear seat to see if I could work the split into the wagon rear. But I hate to destroy them, they are your Pat. LMK what they are worth.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 8:42 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
He want to get a Honda, Toyota, etc.... Small gas mileage getter. I do not blame him.

Tim

If he wants a Japanese econobox, Honda would be a better pick than a Toyota. Subaru's are good too. Dead reliable too.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:20 am

But subarus get crappy mileage. (doesn't stop me from wanting one, though! Legacy GT for me please!)
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:36 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
But subarus get crappy mileage. (doesn't stop me from wanting one, though! Legacy GT for me please!)

Idk Crovo. 25/31hwy isn't what I'd call bad. That's what my buddy gets from his forester
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:08 am

Daughter legacy gets 27 around town with 175k on the clock. Granted she does not have a lead foot like me.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:38 pm

My daughter gets about 27 mpg around town with her Legacy with 180k on the clock. The drives VERY conservatively, someone in the house has to!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!   Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monte Carlo meets a rail road underpass!!!
Page 1 of 1