GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bumper Buicks....DOH!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Bumper Buicks....DOH! Empty
PostSubject: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:45 am

My wagon must hate me, I keep goofing it up. There is no way to spin this, I'm just an idiot, but I'll try.

So this morning I was running late, which means my oldest was late for school. We jumped in the Roady and headed for his grade school. His school driveway is shaped like a U, you enter on one end, drop off at the base of the U, and pull out the other end. To keep people from passing each other they put cones out by the drop-off area. You are supposed to pull up, let your kid out by the door there, and then move forward so the next parent can drop off. Usually the lines moves pretty fast.

Well as I said we were running late. When we got to his school there was an F-150 in front of me and nothing behind me. I followed the truck into the driveway, and at the drop off point the kid and the Mom both jumped out, blocking the driveway, and went into the school. Eddie got out, and I'm sitting there fuming because I'm going to be late for work now. The Mom is nowhere to be found.

After waiting about I minute I jump out of the wagon and move the cones beside the F-150, so I can get around it and go on to work. I jump back in the Roady and pop it in reverse, and then BAMM!...I back right into a Mazda 626....that I guess in my frustration I didn't see pull in behind me. DAMMIT!

I yell something....glad the windows were up, and get out, now pissed both at the F-150 blocking me and at myself as well for not seeing the Mazda pull in.

If there is a silver lining here, the Mazda was a beat up POS, and the Mom driving it was a Mexican lady who spoke almost no English, and from the way she reacted, was terrified the police would come, so she was most likely an illegal....welcome to Texas.

Her front bumper had popped loose at the mounts by the fender on the driver's side, but was not touching the ground....and she would not even get out of her car to look at it. She just kept saying GO GO GO!

I look at my car, and her license plate put a shallow scratch in the bumper cover on the Roady....I may be able to buff it out, there was no other damage to the wagon. I lloked back at her...go.go.go.... She waved me on, ok then.

About this time here comes the F-150 Mom, who does not look at either of us, gets in her pickup and drives away.

I was 10 mins late for work...

Such fun.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:11 am

Wow. I'd be screaming at the F150 lady. This is why they invented parking spaces.

I hate parents at schools. A lot.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:14 am

Oh it was my fault for getting pissed...

Sorry for venting.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 11:15 am

Nah. I'd be the same way. I blame the F150 woman. She should have parked like a normal human being would have. Drop off loops are supposed to, you know, move. lol
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Well...at least it was just a shallow scratch! Sorry you had to start your day that way though. I know its not fun.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
sdstick

sdstick

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:01 pm

That sounds EXACTLY like my town.
Lots of people believe THEY are the only ones that exist. Mad
I refuse to let anyone get away with that.
Lets just say, I wont die of ulcers from holding in my true feelings. Very Happy
Can you imagine? Parking in the loop & getting out?
First off, I'd have had her attention before she got 5 feet away from the passenger side of the car.
NO WAY your leaving me pinned like that.
Of course if I jumped out, I'd probably find out the child was having a siezure or something.

Sorry about the collision.

Congrats on your ability to control yourself.
Guess I have to bump you to the "Better man than me" status
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm with you ^ If I'm ticked off, they'd know.

Soon, I'll have air horns for that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:13 pm

I went home at lunch and compounded the bumper. It already has some scratches in it from the previous owner, and it shined up pretty well. At least there was no real damage, I could always suck it up and have it re-painted one of these days.

Never a dull moment!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:22 pm

Damn dude, that sucks! But at least you didn't have to fix the chicana's car, too. Wink

And I'm with Steve. No way in HELL would that lady have gotten two strides away from her truck if I was behind her... Must be a Massachusetts thing. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:45 pm

What was called "Common Courtesy" is a thing of the past today.You think its bad now'wait for
the imbecile child of the F-150 Mom to grow into adulthood.Kids are suppose to learn by example
so watch out for that kid.A huge congrats on holding your tonque Mike because I dont think I
would have and then I am the monster for attacking a woman trying to get her chid to school
on time.
M H O
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Too much fun I tell you....
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Oh, man that stinks! But like you say you were lucky that the lady behind you didn't care. Imagine if it'd been a brand new BMW or something, oh then you would have heard it. My Mom has that kind of luck, always gets in tiny little fender benders with either expensive European cars or brand new cars (she once hit the bumper of a Caravan that was less than a week old; a few small scratches on their bumper cost her $600!) Hopefully you can get that all buffed out. At least you didn't do any serious damage, and I guess you'll be looking behind you all the time now, lol. I learned that lesson too when I didn't look and accidentally backed into a box of ceramic stuff my step dad put behind my car!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bumper Buicks....DOH!   Bumper Buicks....DOH! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bumper Buicks....DOH!
Page 1 of 1