GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Headlamp Switch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Headlamp Switch Empty
PostSubject: Headlamp Switch   Headlamp Switch Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 pm

Hey fellow wagon fanatics.My 95 RMW is in need of a headlamp switch.Not like my OCC style as it appears to be just
a basic switch.Its pretty cheap at the local joints but I want the OEM look and the ones at Auto-Zone and
Advaance appear to be a generic switch.Thank You ahead of time for your assistance.
Take Care
Jim Gordon

Last edited by Flasheroo on Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Headlamp Switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamp Switch   Headlamp Switch Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:15 am

won't the knob fit on a different switch?
Back to top Go down

Headlamp Switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamp Switch   Headlamp Switch Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:31 am

Check NAPA. They have a lot of that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Headlamp Switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamp Switch   Headlamp Switch Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:48 am

If it is the pull switch like in the Buick, Autozone has them for $14. I just put one in the wagon. The rod and knob pull out when you depress the little spring loaded button behind the facia. Buy the new one first and you will see what I am talking about. It sometimes takes some finesse to get it to come out, but it will.
Back to top Go down

Headlamp Switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamp Switch   Headlamp Switch Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:53 am

Heys Guys thanks a bunch.Guess I should have removed the old switch and I would have known
that.Lights still work because of the twilight sensor.Feel silly when I have to throw a rag on the dash to turn the lights on.
Thanks Again
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Headlamp Switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamp Switch   Headlamp Switch Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:54 am

If you get a new switch make sure you get one that is for twilight sentinel. They are 2 different switches and twilight won't work with the basic switch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Headlamp Switch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headlamp Switch   Headlamp Switch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headlamp Switch
Page 1 of 1