GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Bit of Advice?

Go down 
+12
94X2
Lynol
phantom 309
jayoldschool
bcreasy
Sprocket
BigBlackBeaSSt
brokecello
Bewber
gwturbo
81X11
Cadet57
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:00 pm

So perhaps someone here can give me a clue on what I should do with a little quandary I have. This past September I sent a fellow member an instrument cluster to be wired so I can swap it into my car. As of today, I've not gotten it back-even thou I had been told a two week turn around. I've called this member several times and i've yet to get a call back. I dont want to turn this into a bashing so I'm not going to name whom it is, thou I can guess some of you might know. I have over $250 in the cluster, paint, etc invested here. Not to mention the money I sent the member to do the work on the cluster. And really feel like I'm getting the shaft. I also understand that people are busy with their lives outside of the interwebs, I'm just a bit peeved its been seven months worth of waiting with nothing to show for it. I just want to know if I should give up or wait it out a bit longer before I take my loss and move on. Or if anyone knows how to contact said member that would be awesome too.

-Justin
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 pm

That sucks. Can't trust anyone anymore. If you have proof that he received it and his address you could call the local authorites and report him....if it's worth that much to you.

You just never know. I sure hope it works out for you.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:16 pm

81X11 wrote:
That sucks. Can't trust anyone anymore. If you have proof that he received it and his address you could call the local authorites and report him....if it's worth that much to you.

You just never know. I sure hope it works out for you.

-Mike

Address, phone number, certified Fed Ex tracking number. Whole nine yards.
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 3:32 pm

You are being way too nice. It is true that people are busy, but 7 months is unacceptable. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Time to become a very polite stalker who wants to know exactly which will be returned within 10 days, the finished goods or the unfinished goods + the money, else actions will be taken.

I don't know if you're big enough in size or attitude to issue threatening altimatums, but it may be another cost effective route to consider. It sucks, but some people just seem to need that little nudge to get them to do the right thing.

I'm kinder and gentler now, but it's worked in my favor in the past with all kinds of people - from coworker friends to uppity "you can't talk to me that way" bank manager types that I'd only met once. And FWIW, he was wrong. I could talk to him "that way", and I did, and I got what I needed, and I'll never set foot in a 5/3rd bank again.

Good luck dude!
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Yeah, I'm with bewbs on this one.

Stuff or gtfo.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:42 am

Well, have you been in contact with this person since Sept? I have had something like that happen before (SS Forum) and the person said how busy they were...but I looked at all the hours they messed around and posted in the MISC section. Please.

I did get my stuff, but it took a near threat to just drive to the house and pick it up. Lol I would have too.

If the person is near one of us....we can go get it for you. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:44 am

I've left a voicemail a week. Person is in southern NJ. 4 hours away from me. Very tempted to go there myself too Razz
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:01 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Yeah, that'd be 93Wgn. He's making one for me. Haven't gotten it yet thou.

I hope this gets worked out. I'd hate to have to start a new wagon forum because the owner here screws over "wagon folks" without any consequence.

Wait. That sounds familiar. Remind me how we landed here again?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:03 pm

Bewber wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Yeah, that'd be 93Wgn. He's making one for me. Haven't gotten it yet thou.

I hope this gets worked out. I'd hate to have to start a new wagon forum because the owner here screws over "wagon folks" without any consequence.

Wait. That sounds familiar. Remind me how we landed here again?

Wha happened? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:18 pm

Well sonny, back in the day ......

The wagon section of the ISSF was run by a complete A-hole moderator that admittedly enjoyed screwing over wagon owners for no real reason other than he could, and the owner didn't care in the least.

SOOOOooooOOOO, Your instrument cluster guy, Joe, founded THIS forum as "safe haven" to get away from such degenerates as those who would knowingly and willingly screw over the fine folks of the wagon community - which makes your situation as disappointing as it is ironic.

You didn't know that that's how/why we got here?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:20 pm

Bewber wrote:

You didn't know that that's how/why we got here?

Nope. I joined the New England forum last year, then found this place after Tom pointed me over here. I only joined the ISSF board last year too.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:30 pm

Paul Harvey.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Bewber wrote:
Paul Harvey.

The broadcaster? scratch
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Bewber wrote:
Paul Harvey.

The broadcaster? scratch

Awe geeze. Yea, the broadcaster who ended every spot for over 100 years with, ".... and now you know (pause) the REESSSSSSSSSST (pause) of the stoorrrray".

I think this is a sign that I'm getting friggin old. Sad
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Bewber wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:
Bewber wrote:
Paul Harvey.

The broadcaster? scratch

Awe geeze. Yea, the broadcaster who ended every spot for over 100 years with, ".... and now you know (pause) the REESSSSSSSSSST (pause) of the stoorrrray".

I think this is a sign that I'm getting friggin old. Sad

NOW I get it. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Still no cluster Mad
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 4:09 pm

Road trip time.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Let us know is you are going to "visit". I get to that area at times and others are close as well.

Tim
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:26 pm

Wagon Mafia - not just for stickers anymore.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:30 pm

I am so intimidating. If he is a 90lbs 12 year old I might be able to offer some "muscle"......
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:33 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Let us know is you are going to "visit". I get to that area at times and others are close as well.

Tim

Will do. Probably won't be til May between finals and Easter. Id like to think that I wont need to go, however. Rolling Eyes

Stingroo wrote:
Wagon Mafia - not just for stickers anymore.

lol.
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:43 pm

Dude... Easter is next Sunday the 24th. lol
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 6:44 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Dude... Easter is next Sunday the 24th. lol

I know. But from then until May 13th I literally do not have a single day off between finals, work, and graduation prep.
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 pm

Justin you were one of the members that gave me Hell last year when I said something about
settling for the clear headlights without the diffuser installed.Get your butt in gear and let
this guy know you are pissed.His excuses no matter how heartbreaking they may be are
irrellavent and a simple email to keep you informed is just to easy to send.No more chances
or excuses.You know we will assist you in any way possible so get it in gear.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 1:53 am

Jim just laid the smack down on you, Justin. lol
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:30 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Justin you were one of the members that gave me Hell last year when I said something about
settling for the clear headlights without the diffuser installed.Get your butt in gear and let
this guy know you are pissed.His excuses no matter how heartbreaking they may be are
irrellavent and a simple email to keep you informed is just to easy to send.No more chances
or excuses.You know we will assist you in any way possible so get it in gear.
Take Care
Jim Gordon

What headlights? confused
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 11:57 am

Sorry Justin didnt mean to complicate things,just know that if you need moral support or the
threat of bodily harm we are here for you.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 3:38 pm

Looks like I might be making a trip to NJ. If I can get enough work done this week I'm going to go down there and pick it up. Enough of this nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:40 pm

Yay. Good luck, let us know how it works out. If it gets to that, I'll offer up the services of establishing our new home....even more wagon friendly.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Still no cluster. Leaving another voicemail after work. If nothing comes after this, now that graduation is done. I got some free time and some extra coin in my pocket. Looks like I really will head to NJ, I'm sick of this bullshit. anyone in the area? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Jeez! I have friends in New Jersey....in the waste disposal business.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:46 pm

81X11 wrote:
Jeez! I have friends in New Jersey....in the waste disposal business.

affraid
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 5:51 pm

Damn Mike. Too far. Tooooooooooo far.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Motorhead 79 is across the river in Philly (my home town).
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:32 pm

I am sure John "nose" someone that can help........ If you get my drift............
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:39 pm

I live a few miles from NJ.

But what are you thinking? I aint whacking someone for a 250 buck car part lol.

Ok ill ring his bell. but lend me a steering wheel ill mail it back.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:28 pm

Still no reply. Have a job interview the 6th. Depending on how that goes, I may end up in NJ that week. And since it looks like I won't be getting my cluster plus the $60 I spent to get it wired. I had to buy a new one and try to wire it myself. Gotta love it.
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:32 pm

You got your hands on another?

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:33 pm

Stingroo wrote:
You got your hands on another?

Yep, another one of our (apparently more reliable) members has one. It'll be shipping when he gets home.
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:34 pm

Cool.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 5:35 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Cool.

It is and it isnt. If my original cluster was returned to me as promised, I wouldn't have had to spend more money to do this mod. Pretty said that now I'm out close to $200 for this project with nothing to show for it.
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Justin,did you ship UPS,FedEx or snail mail?Curious if there is someone that you could file a
complaint listing embezzling and theft of personal property as charges?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:48 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Justin,did you ship UPS,FedEx or snail mail?Curious if there is someone that you could file a
complaint listing embezzling and theft of personal property as charges?
Jim Gordon

Shipped FedEx ground. Still have the tracking number. Paid with a postal money order. Going there tomorrow to see if there is any recourse with them as well.
Back to top Go down
bcreasy

bcreasy

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:53 pm

Internet Fraud check the local PD they might be able to help you also
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:33 pm

bcreasy wrote:
Internet Fraud check the local PD they might be able to help you also

Yeah. Looked at the postal inspectors website too. Sad that it's come to this thou. Really sad.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 10:25 am

*Bump*

More unanswered voicemails. Its official. Next week, going to Jersey. Anyone wanna meet up? Laughing

Next step, im calling the police.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Look whose selling some parts on Craigslist.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/pts/2402544200.html

Guess who got an email asking when my stuff will be returned. Guess he isnt that busy...
Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:21 pm

Any word on that trip to Jersey?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Bit of Advice? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Bit of Advice?   A Bit of Advice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Bit of Advice?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next