GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires

Go down 
+5
95BRMW
1993 Roady-man
81X11
Bewber
buickestate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Empty
PostSubject: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:21 pm

Spring is here time for the summer rims to go on the wagon.... with a new look to them, thanks to that citation lover in texas for the idea/inspiration for the mod I did to them for this summer
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires DSC01625
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires DSC01626
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires DSC01628

this wagon has had so many different looks over the years that I've owned her

Last summer's look

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires DSC01439
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires DSC01441

the post OZ look

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires DSC01236

some various winter looks

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires DSC00658
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires DSC00421

the going to Florida look

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires DSC00468

With the OZs

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Newroady3
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Canadiansurboard3

the factory wire covers when I first bought her

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires NewRMWratmaster4
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires NewRMWratmaster2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:35 pm

What are those tires? I LOVE that fat whitewall. Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:52 pm

There are those damn OZs again and sooner or later I will own them and they will never get
away from me then!Pat I know that you are a smart guy and all but what the HELL were you
doing up on your garage roof during a freezing snow storm?What the hell were you thinking?
Like what you and Mike did with the Turbines.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 pm

Runway 225/75/15s Bewber's inlaws bought them a few months before CFC where their nice 1990 burgundy on burgundy full sized buick estate wagon was killed off with bewbers old rims and tires. these tires and rims were saved. I use to drool over that that 90 estate wagon

it looked like this one
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires 1990_buick_estate_wagon

Damn Obama!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
There are those damn OZs again and sooner or later I will own them and they will never get
away from me then!Pat I know that you are a smart guy and all but what the HELL were you
doing up on your garage roof during a freezing snow storm?What the hell were you thinking?
Jim Gordon

Jim, I was warm and on the secound floor looking out the window.

I liked the look of the OZs, but they are a rough riding wheel, the side walls on 15" tires are meant to be part of the buick's suspension and soft ride....
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:13 pm

I dig the new look, alot - plus you don't have any risk of losing any of the unobtanium ones.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Look really good!!! Glad spring finally sprung for you too!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:57 pm

I like the Caprice hubcaps too....and of course the Impala wheels.....don't care if that's a "common" mod.

I do miss the turbines from my 89 Olds. I still think they're SHARP!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:49 am

Still like the unobtanium look. but like me I want something different this year as well. Just to change it up. I need Change!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 9:38 am

I looked for the larger caps for my turbine wheels on the 89 Custom Cruiser a long time before going with the smaller chrome caps. Still loved the look with the small caps though.

LeSabre's used the small caps, while Electra's had the larger ones that are now so hard to locate.. -Mike

Added the Turbine Wheels...still had White Walls:
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Newwheels
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Wheels
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Bridge

Added T/A Radials...loved this look:
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Rwlwagon
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Newtires
spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Wagonback
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:00 am

Those are some good looking rims, andn the fat white walls just complete it!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:21 pm

thanks for the complements guys
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:15 pm

Looks good Pat, I love those Buick Ralley's. Wouldn't happen to want to swap them for... oh... a set of OZ's by chance would you? Razz

Flasheroo wrote:
Jim Gordon

I think it's fair to say you won't be getting your hands on that particular set of OZ's any time soon. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Sting, those are the same tires on my Cadillac wires! I can't believe you don't recognize them...

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires 005

Pat, the turbines with WWs are great. My favourite look, for sure.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 6:01 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Looks good Pat, I love those Buick Ralley's. Wouldn't happen to want to swap them for... oh... a set of OZ's by chance would you? Razz

Mike the going rate for a set of OZ right now is one TBI blue velour door panel per rim......those buick ralleys on my 93 are worth more than ozs
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Dam that olds wagon looks sweet with those rims on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:25 pm

If I happen to acquire a set of the Turbine wheels in very good condition,does anyone out there think a trade for a set of OZ 18x8 Novas may be possible?
Please Please
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:29 pm

ANYTHING is possible, but would venture a guess and say that it is not probable.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
If I happen to acquire a set of the Turbine wheels in very good condition,does anyone out there think a trade for a set of OZ 18x8 Novas may be possible?
Please Please
Jim Gordon

Jim Mike is teasing about the buick ralley rims, since I bought the last NOS full set off ebay two years ago, they are on my 93, those are the ones he would like not the turbines....

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires DSC01122
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Wait...those are Caprice hubcaps? Man, I like that look Pat! (also like the new look too!) Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:35 pm

brokecello wrote:

Wait...those are Caprice hubcaps? Man, I like that look Pat! (also like the new look too!) Smile

No those are the harder to find Impala sport wheel covers, they have the chevy bow tie, not the caprice emblem on their centers! but yeah they did look nice didn't they!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:40 pm

I used to lose about three of those caps every winter. I think the total count was up in the double digits by the time I gave up running them. Still have a few in the basement. Caprice version, though. I have never seen the gold Impala ones like these. Our 81 Impala sport coupe had colour matched wheels with dog dishes. It was very base, though. No power, no ac, no cassette, no passenger mirror...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Is anyone familiar with the B F Goodrich Radial T/A Excentia tires ?
I found a set of 235/70/15s on a set of 15x8 Chevy Rallys.Tires are new or like new but I have
never heard of them before.Rallys are like new with bolt on caps and nice trim rings.Everything
for $150 bucks,are they worth that?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:46 pm

Yes I've heard of them Jim....

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires 4drX-11HAHA007

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires 4drX-11HAHA004

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires 4drX-11HAHA001
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:12 pm

I love that car it is so cool I had a friend in high school that had one. Very nice ride for a little guy.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:16 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:
I love that car it is so cool I had a friend in high school that had one. Very nice ride for a little guy.

HA! HAHA!! See all you other idiots on this forum! It's not just me!! I'm not the only one that likes these!!

That made my whole night! cheers
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:20 pm

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires 81X-11-1

DO YOU SEE THE LIGHT???

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Bluesbrothers006
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:29 pm

Mike I should have known that if anybody was to have a picture of those Excentia tires ' it
would be you .Why do all of those Citations have that rear bumper panel missing?Must be the Texas sun melting them!
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 10:38 pm

Jim I have no idea where you buy those tires. I found them in a salvage yard on an 87 T-Bird and bought them for $10 each. My Dad was convinced they were Mexican tires. They did hold up a long time on the 4dr clone. I always ran "real" T/A's on my 2dr real X-11.

As for the plastic bumper fillers, they ALL get brittle and crack. Replica Plastics in Dothan Georgia makes fiberglass ones, and that's what I put on my 2dr white car. I never got around to getting a set for the 4dr clone.

My buddy AJ ended up with the clone, over in Houston. He put a 4spd automatic in it, in place of the original 3spd, and then lost interest in the car. He keeps hinting about me getting it back, but Misty will shoot me if I was to drag it back home.

I put a TON of work in that car turning it from a base level plain Citation into an X-11 clone. That was before the kiddos took all my money! Daycare is not cheap!!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:38 pm

It's a citation, get over it already!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires   spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spring has sprung time for the summer rims and tires
Page 1 of 1