GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill

Go down 
+2
Bewber
ModernMuscleHead
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ModernMuscleHead

ModernMuscleHead

Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Empty
PostSubject: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:36 pm

It was time consuming, but I removed all of the body side molding and painted the grill and bowtie black. I want to find a nice roll pan for the rear and a new smooth front bumper. I have the paint to black out my pillars too, I just need the weather to cooperate so I can finish it.

Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill 104_3528
Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill 104_3526
Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill 104_3525
Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill 104_3523
Back to top Go down
http://www.midmichiganmodernmuslce.com
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:51 pm

If you want to make SURE you want the pillars blacked out before you paint them, I can drop off some black vinyl and/or give you a hand doing them that way. Wouldn't be a big deal at all.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:57 pm

That looks great. I keep wanting to do that to mine, but for some reason I feel like it wont look good on my car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:15 pm

Looks great Lance .I just realized my 95 RMW is the same color as your wagon with the exception of the woodgrain.Mine does not look anywhere nearly as nice yet.
Just give me 2 or 3 years at the rate I am going>
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
ModernMuscleHead

ModernMuscleHead

PostSubject: Re: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:22 pm

Thanks Jim. My kids hate me because I made them peel all the sticky stuff off the car that was under the trim. It's a ton of work. They used a hair dryer and my daughter got a blister on her thumb from peeling it off. Time is what it takes for sure. I want to do a roll pan and smooth front bumper, but I'd have to pay someone to paint and install them so that's what's holding me back right now.
Back to top Go down
ModernMuscleHead

ModernMuscleHead

PostSubject: Re: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:24 pm

Bewber wrote:
If you want to make SURE you want the pillars blacked out before you paint them, I can drop off some black vinyl and/or give you a hand doing them that way. Wouldn't be a big deal at all.

Somebody had already painted one of the pillars ( you can see it in the photos ). Not sure why they didn't finish the job for me before I bought it. I'm going to probably paint them, but If you want to help that would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:48 pm

Just let me know when. I'll give a hand for sure.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:54 pm

Looks REALLY good! Nice work!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:02 am

That's HOT!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
BigWagon

BigWagon

PostSubject: Re: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:35 pm

Awesome. I need to do that to my Caprice. Did the side molding come off fairly easily? I know there was adhesive left, but other than that was it pretty stress-free?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill   Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removed the body side molding and blacked out the grill
Page 1 of 1