GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Classic Plates??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:02 pm

Classic Plates?? Photorbt

- I feel really old now.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Yeah I have them on my 1994 Impala....... How old do I feel.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Have them on my 91 OCC, and my 87 Lesabre
Classic Plates?? 2011-02-24_07-10-03_600
Back to top Go down

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:24 pm

Well in the great state of Virginia the cars have to be 25 years old to qualify for the antique
plate and then the restrictions kick in.As much as I would like to have an antique plate,the
conditions of use take all the fun out of it so forget it>
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:42 pm

Here in Ontario vehicles have to be 30+ years to qualify for Historic Vehicle plates, and yes there are restrictions I have a set on one of my G bodies
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:14 pm

PA has three sets of tags.

MOTOR VEHICLES
Antique Motor Vehicle - A motor vehicle, but not a reproduction thereof, manufactured more than 25 years prior to the current year, which has been maintained in or restored to a condition, which is substantially in conformance with manufacturer specifications.

Classic Motor Vehicle - A motor vehicle, but not a reproduction thereof, manufactured at least 15 years prior to the current year, which has been maintained in or restored to a condition, which is substantially in conformity with manufacturer specifications and appearance. Any classic motor vehicle registered under

USE OF ANTIQUE AND CLASSIC REGISTRATION PLATES
The use of Antique and Classic registration plates is governed by Section 1340 of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code, which states: “It is unlawful for any person to operate a motorcycle or vehicle with antique and classic registration plates for general daily transportation. Permitted use shall be limited to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses.” Occasional transportation and similar uses is defined as one day a week. Although buses and trucks are eligible for Antique and Classic registration plates, buses MAY NOT be used to transport passengers and trucks MAY NOT haul cargo.

Antique and Classic registration plates are not available for motorized pedalcycles or motor homes.

DEFINITION OF COLLECTIBLE VEHICLE
A reconstructed or modified motor vehicle substantially modified from the manufacturer’s original specifications and appearances and maintained in a collectible condition as determined by PennDOT.

USE OF COLLECTIBLE REGISTRATION PLATES
The use of collectible plates is governed by Section 1340 of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code which states: “It is unlawful for any person to operate a motorcycle or vehicle with antique, classic or collectible registration plates for general daily transportation. Permitted use shall be limited to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses”. Permitted use is limited to participation in club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses. Occasional transportation and similar uses is defined as one day a week.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:21 pm

These "Early American" plates that CT issues can be gotten for any car 20 years old or older. There's no restrictions on them. The thing that annoys me about these "Early American" plates is you can get them for anything, I lost count of how many toyotas I have seen with these plates.
Back to top Go down

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Antique plates should only be allowed on any US or British car that meets the requirements
for that particular state.I can think of maybe 5 Japanese cars like the Toyota GT2000,Datsun
240Z and both the roadsters and a couple I am sure am forgetting.
IMHO
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:23 pm

What about those mid 70's Celicas that looked like 3/4 scale 70 Mustangs?
Back to top Go down

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:26 pm

I don't know what FL's laws are on the subject, but I have my special olympics license plate and like it. Smile
Back to top Go down

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Hey Ray did you win anything when you competed in the Special Olmpics?
Just Curious
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:37 am

In New Mexico, the Horseless Carriage plates are for vehicles 35+ years old, owned as a collector's item, and used only for exhibition or educational purposes.

No chance that I'll do that.

Although, if I bought that 1971 Eldorado convertible, and only drove it on Sundays, maybe I'd qualify.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:46 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Antique plates should only be allowed on any US or British car that meets the requirements
for that particular state.I can think of maybe 5 Japanese cars like the Toyota GT2000,Datsun
240Z and both the roadsters and a couple I am sure am forgetting.
IMHO
Jim Gordon

I'd allow it for the VW bug, Citroen 2CV, and the first generation Honda Civic. They were a lot more important to the history of the industry than the sexy fast cars we love.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Sponsored content

Classic Plates?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Plates??   Classic Plates?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Plates??
Page 1 of 1