GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from Indiana

Go down 
+7
Sprocket
Cadet57
81X11
1993 Roady-man
DBeaSSt
Iceman
bcreasy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bcreasy

bcreasy

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:28 pm

I Just purchased a 94 Roadmaster Estate Wagon. It has 115K on the clock and I cant wait to make this thing faster. I was looking in the how to's but I didnt see any write ups on DIY Intakes
I am into making cars faster, I recently had a Pontiac Grand Prix I spent 6 yrs on that car making it run 12's in the 1/4. I sold it with 197K, I needed a bigger vehicle to haul my family. So here I am with another great GM vehicle.

Hello from Indiana 243810_1873181387538_1181270023_31811241_7436567_o

Last edited by bcreasy on Sat May 14, 2011 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a Pic)
Back to top Go down
Iceman

Iceman

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Great to have you aboard I'm fairly new here as well but the people and info are great. Very Happy

Tommy(Iceman)Murphy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thomas.t.murphy

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 9:39 pm

You can delete the big home-pate and first base looking rubber/plastic pieces. There should be a write up on it somewhere here...Looooooooooooove that color! Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 7:15 am

Welcome aboard! Love that color combo too.

Here's a site that should help you get started on mods and such. Smile
http://www.longroof.info/
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 8:36 am

Welcome to the madness as a lot of people think you are mad for driving these.Use to hear it all the time from family and friends.I tell them its mind over matter,I dont mind and you dont matter.This is a great group if you are serious about keeping your wagon running at its best.
Welcome Again
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
bcreasy

bcreasy

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 9:01 am

Thanks for the wonderful welcome. I have always had a thing for wagons. My family tried to get me into a minivan but that's not happening. My old car was a sleeper, my girlfriend didn't care what I bought but she kinda chuckled when I got the wagon. Took her for a ride and showed her how they respond stock then that little smirk appeared on her face. She loved my other cars sleeper effect, so yesterday I had to replace the rear brake lines and the passenger side wheel cylinder. After I completed that battery was dead, jumped it I pulled the cables and it ran for a few minutes then died. So I jumped it again took it round the block a few times parked it, ate supper went to take it for a ride and dead again. We jumped it once again let it run to 5-10 mins then it did while running, we tried to pull the alt off but it was smoking hot. Called the guy I bought the car from since he is a mechanic, he theory was the battery has a dead cell and was making the alt over work. Any thoughts from you all? Any thing else I should check?

Thanks
Beau
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 10:06 am

Welcome aboard,.. you'll find this place rather interesting at times and then the other times your just not logged on. Again welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:23 am

Welcome to the forum, and your car is my favorite color for there.

Sorry to hear you've had a bit of trouble right out of the gate. You might check the electrical box on the passenger side upper wheel well, where there is a redundant positive battery connection point. There is an issue with these, and they can melt and cause shorts and electrical issues like you are having. GM had changed what they are made of, so replacements won't melt. See if that helps. FYI, most 96 model LT1 cars have the updated part, so hit a salvage yard if needed, and remember a Caprice is the same thing under the hood.

As for an intake mod on the cheap, see the link here:
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t1393-home-depot-err-lowe-s-intake-mod?highlight=home+depot

Good luck with the new toy. Oh and if you have pics of the GP I'd love to see them. My wife's daily driver is an '01 Grand Prix GT Nascar Edition, and other than some anoying oil leaks, it's a nice car.

Again welcome and good luck!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
bcreasy

bcreasy

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 8:21 am

81X11 wrote:
Oh and if you have pics of the GP I'd love to see them. My wife's daily driver is an '01 Grand Prix GT Nascar Edition, and other than some anoying oil leaks, it's a nice car.

Hello from Indiana 2011-04-10_20-10-34_709
Hello from Indiana 2011-04-10_20-10-52_286
Hello from Indiana 2011-04-16_14-26-04_557
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:55 am

Nice! Looks fast! I still love the styling of these model Grand Prix's. Ours has 142K miles on it now. Still a strong car.

Here's ours:

Hello from Indiana CleanGP025

Hello from Indiana CleanGP033

Hello from Indiana CleanGP029

Hello from Indiana CleanGP030

Hello from Indiana CleanGP028

Hello from Indiana CleanGP024

Hello from Indiana MasseyCars016
Back to top Go down
bcreasy

bcreasy

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:17 am

Nice Grand Prix!!! I wanted that spoiler for my car. I am loving your wagon. I wanted a white woodie but the one I got came up with low miles so I jumped on it Heres the RPO's http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=1g4br82p1rr420278 can I get some help on whats good and whats not

Thanks
Beau

Last edited by bcreasy on Mon May 30, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:45 am

Well....

You've got keyless entry, which is cool.
You've got the posi

Everything else seems like regular wagon stuff, but I don't really know.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:50 am

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 12:38 pm

Yeah pretty straightforward B-body wagon. It has auto level which is nice if it works. The posi is cool too.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Welcome aboard.

WHat Mike is talking about is the in 94 they used cheap a$$ metal on a aux batt post up near the pass side firewall. It's attached to a fuse box. If it is NOT brass, you need to swap it out as it is a fire hazard. There was a recall on it, but only for 9C1 police cars ( go figure).
Any 95 or 96 b-body will have the correct brass post. It's a little PITA as to do it right you have to disassemble the fusebox to swap it out but it's a cheap JY part $1 or so and well worth it.

Only an issue on '94 cars.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:48 pm

oh yeah welcome to the institution Smile Nice ride, love the DCM color.
Back to top Go down
bcreasy

bcreasy

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Sprocket wrote:

WHat Mike is talking about is the in 94 they used cheap a$$ metal on a aux batt post up near the pass side firewall. It's attached to a fuse box. If it is NOT brass, you need to swap it out as it is a fire hazard.

You mean this mess?
Hello from Indiana 2011-05-17_14-03-37_978

any one have a spare? I have no good yards close Sad
Back to top Go down

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 2:14 pm

I do believe that is the mess in question. lol
Back to top Go down
bcreasy

bcreasy

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:32 pm

My first mod lol
Hello from Indiana 2011-05-17_15-09-16_40

I couldn't find a Hockey puck so my G/F's brother works in a steel shop, he cut me a 3" x 1/2" piece fits in there perfect and the best thing it was free Smile Time to ditch 1st base
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 3:38 pm

Good job! And the 1st base mod is easy and cheap if go the Home Depot route.

These are great looking engines and should not be hidden!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:16 pm

Welcome! Nice start on the intake mods too! Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:32 pm

bcreasy wrote:
Sprocket wrote:

WHat Mike is talking about is the in 94 they used cheap a$$ metal on a aux batt post up near the pass side firewall. It's attached to a fuse box. If it is NOT brass, you need to swap it out as it is a fire hazard.

You mean this mess?
Hello from Indiana 2011-05-17_14-03-37_978

any one have a spare? I have no good yards close Sad

that's it, looks like yours melted already, but still will get hot, esp with all that aftermarket wiring going on there!!!

I'll keep my eye out at the yards for one, or someone may have one around. They are the same one 4.3 cars as well, so it won't matter, just be a 95 or 96 is all. In your case you'll need the whole box as yours is melted from the pic.
Back to top Go down
bcreasy

bcreasy

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:38 pm

I don't have anything aftermarket on the car. Not sure what extra wires are there I will have to track things down and see if there are hidden goodies lol

Thanks again for the help
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Yikes. You need to get that changed out.
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:59 pm

bcreasy... where abouts in Indiana? We're currently living in Park Forest, IL but moving to Valpo since I work in Hobart... just wondering if you were in the region?

Mark
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
lugnutz

lugnutz

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:06 pm

hello welcome i have the same colr and wood trim except mines caprice im from oak park
Back to top Go down
bcreasy

bcreasy

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:00 pm

I live just off I-70 by the OH/IN line
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Indiana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Indiana   Hello from Indiana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Indiana
Page 1 of 1