GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Empty
PostSubject: I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!    I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Yeah, yeah, I know, "they aren't race cars"........Been drag racing (mostly) at the local strips since back in 1977. Mostly with my street bikes, but with a wide variety of "cages" too. It's in my blood ! Can't stand those cocky female drivers with their big sun glasses,(usually) fake blonde hair,flicking their cigarettes out of the window ( every 5 seconds or so, weather it needs it or not), and the fact they drive more & more agressively (sp) every year.This is A LOT more commonplace in my area in the last 5 years or so and makes me Evil or Very Mad
Anyway, on my way home from the shop early last night and up in front of me I saw a black Chrysler 300 driving quite fast. Figured I'd see what that was all about and show them what a 15 year old wagon can do with the right person at the wheel. Even though the driver wasn't a fake blonde this time, she had the whole "ooh, look at me" thing going on. We got lined up at the traffic light, I power braked it a little bit, and reacted better to the green than she did. Wish I'd noticed the little factory emblem on the trunk lid that read "SRT8" Shocked I got smoked worse than the Pontiac G8 GT I raced days ago! Made me feel like I was in my wife's 103 h.p. Hyundai Accent No
I looked up info on this vehicle and .........
6.1 liter V8
425 h.p. and 420 ft lbs of torque Shocked
top speed 165
weight 4,178 lbs

Read some posts on a Chrysler 300 owner's site about their best 1/4 mile times. DAMN, they are quick!! 13.0 -13.5 and 105-108 m.p.h. STOCK! Not even a stock G8 GT is gonna beat that.

Beaten by a female in her late 30s to mid 40s (guessing) pale

How much to make my wagon a mid 13 second sleeper?

If only I'd had my low 10 second Honda CBR XX at the time.............
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!    I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:24 pm

I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Ss59_large Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!    I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:51 pm

What he said
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!    I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:42 pm

Times 2 Steve.Well if you going to lose to someone I guess an SRT8 is a little faster than our
wagons but not nearly as good looking.
Look at it this way,you may be new,beautiful and faster but I am kind of fast,good looking
and paid for!Take that lady and I can carry 4x8 sheets of plywood out back.No matter how
beautiful there is nothing attractive about smoking period!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!    I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:35 pm

I get a lot of weird looks when my barge goes flying buy cars like that. Cool

I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! 100_1784
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!    I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:25 pm

Yea but its a damn pretty Barge Grumpy.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!    I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:26 pm

Bolt ons and nitrous will get you into the 12's.

Smile
Back to top Go down
BigWagon

BigWagon

PostSubject: Re: I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!    I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 5:39 pm

You also get to enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that you aren't driving a Chrysler. Some of the older Mopars are cool, but I have had nothing but trouble with every Dodge/Chrysler product I have owned (they have all been 1984 and newer).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!    I really gotta look over the "prey" better!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I really gotta look over the "prey" better!!
Page 1 of 1