GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within

Go down 
+5
81X11
buickestate
phantom 309
BigBlackBeaSSt
Bewber
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Empty
PostSubject: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:12 am

So my oldest son, Blase, is 10 and plays on a travel soccer team. Despite being one of the smallest kids on the team, he's the captain. His team had 2pm games both Saturday and Sunday this weekend to close out the season. For whatever reason, his team showed up FLAT on Saturday, and by the end of the game, Blaser was grabbing at his chest and gasping for air. (No wonder he was playing flat)

Anyway, we took him to the ER and they called it "sports induced asthma" and everyone recommended him not to play in Sundays game. Evertime he heard that, he'd look at me and say, I'll be fine. I'm not sitting. I'm gonna play." I kept reminding him that I was the Dr, not him, etc. They prescribed him a 3 day liquid steroid and a huffer.

Sunday morning he woke up and couldn't catch his breath again, but a hit on the huffer fixed it. Anyway, He felt fine at game time, and his team needed him, and he played. He didn't just play though, he played with a HUGE chip on his shoulder over his poor performance the previous day. His team had 3 goals - and he assisted with sweet passes on the first 2 and almost decapitated their keeper when he scored the game tying goal with very little time left for the 3rd goal. It was the most dramatic tie game I've ever watched and was a huge boost for the whole team to come back from behind and not end the season with a loss.

Anyway, so as I was tucking him in last night, I go, "You know, I'm crazy proud of you - but if you'd have sat today that would have been fine too. You never have to play because of me. You know that right?"

As he closed his eyes and dozed off, he replied, "I know dad. I don't. I played today because of me."

Then I played the role of the overwhelmed, speachless father as I snuck out of his room.

Even at the time I was thinking, "What the heck, this is like out of a movie script!"

Anyway, I thought it was cool - so I shared.

Peace,
John

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:29 am

Wonder where he gets that from???
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:07 pm

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Probably my wife. She's no joke in the competitive/determined department.

She earned her Masters degree in ONE year, WHILE she worked part time AND commuted an hour each way to school.

I'd love to take credit for his bull-headedness, but there really is no tellin! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:15 pm

Nice story John,.you're doing a fine job as dad i reckon,.

I,d like to share a little too,.

Kids,. they'll make you cry,.
sometimes happy,.
sometimes sad,.
either way you're gonna cry,.

My 19 yr old decided to grow up in the last 3 wks ( a little bit anyway, who knows for how long) he actually asked to come back home,
i was trying to catch him out doing something sneaky,. i snuck in the house and actually caught him!!
sweeping the kitchen floor??,.
i asked what the heck he was doing, he looked afraid almost, and said he noticed a little mess under the table where his 7 yr old brother had brekkey,.so he thought he'd clean it up,.
i had to leave the room i felt so good? bad??
He's been working at a slaughterhouse that does birds,.
big ducks have been shredding the guy,.
his arms look like he's fell off a bike and got bad road rash,.
been working 15!! hr days,.rubber boots on concrete floor have been killing his back,.
dosn't get paid alot either,.comes home smelling of bird poop,. little splashes in his hair needs a new ball cap everyday,.
but he's determined,..
so i went to our local safety supply place and bought him some kevlar sleeves,.and rough use rubber gloves and gel insoles for his rubber boots,.
he was worried he couldn't afford them,..
i said it's in my dad contract to look after you, ,. you try hard,. we'll try hard, no need to be shredded while working,.i'll buy,.

kids,. they'll make you cry,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:28 pm

Good work Ward!

How is blaze doing today?
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:44 pm

That's great Nick!

Haha, Blaser hobbled down the stairs with his knee still hurting him from a collision during the game yesterday. I go, "Still with the knee, huh. What do you want to do today?"

He gimped past and said, "I'm gonna grab some breakfast, then get out side to practice and work on my footwork."

I go, "good luck on that knee"

He said, "I just got up. I'll be fine. Just give me a minute and it'll work itself out."

So he's good as gold, and he can even breath too!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 3:44 pm

Good stories! Kids are amazing and life is never dull. And it never ends!

My father is keeping my oldest kiddo all summer long. Dad retired from his retirement job (Home Depot) this past winter, and offered to keep Eddie during the day. It's the first summer I've not had to pay for summer camp (I am tossing Dad food money for them, I mean it's the least I can do).

I look at Dad and and at my son Eddie and it's kind of amazing to think that someday I could be watching Eddie's kids for him when I'm retired.

Once you're a Dad, it never ends!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Cool Story both Nick and Bewb!!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:06 pm

I liked the story even before I realized it was a Bewber tale. Liked it even better afterward.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:15 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Cool Story both Nick and Bewb!!

Sure are,thanks for the privledge to read them.

I had a bad one Sunday and our youngest(the Owner of Nick's SS) and I had a fireside chat.

He cried,I felt worse and so it is sometimes.

Today I had to bury my neighbour's Son close to the same age.

You can all get my point I am sure.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Thanks for the wonderful storys.It was a privilege to read them all.Lorne,I dont know how
your job could be any harder than burying a child especially one you knew.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:47 am

Great story John. Smile I can't believe he's 10 already! Smile

You too, Nick. Nice surprises, eh? Smile

My proud moment from yesterday was when Bella let one rip that coulda been mine and giggled and put up for a high five...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:08 am

Poor kid!LOL
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within   Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie scene moments in your life.... proud dad story within
Page 1 of 1