GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...

Go down 
+6
Sprocket
200OZ
Nick Danger
phantom 309
DBeaSSt
K9COP
10 posters
AuthorMessage
K9COP

Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Empty
PostSubject: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:22 am

Hi, I moved here last year, having spent the last five years working abroad. I'm a K9 handler/trainer/behaviourist. For as long as I can remember, I've loved the 'woody' wagons, and have had estate cars (wagons) most of my driving life... Volvo 850 T5R (in yellow!), Audi RS6, Subaru Legacy GT etc... there's just something cool about a 100' long car with a tree down the side... my countrymen would never believe the purchase!

I've been driving past my 'project' tucked away in the back lot of a small dealers for a while, and just agreed the sale on it, to rescue it from the weeds. Seems in pretty good shape, and will be a fun project/relationship killing money pit (delete as applicable) for me.

I'm thinking mild tune/rims/lowered [i]slightly[i] and tints.

Great forums, already had some good help, and hope to get/give more.

As there's no dog in the emoticons, I'll go with the pig, next most appropriate! pig

p.s. let me know if you have any dog problems..... I may be able to help.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:29 am

Welcome aboard! Check out WagonFest coming to western NY next month!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:31 am

So a limey bobby eh?

where abouts in old blighty do you hail from?

my neighbours dog barks too much,.i think the dog is out of balance,
Do you think a small piece of lead inserted at very high speed into its ear would help

thanks
Nick
ex stubbington resident.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:46 am

Welcome aboard.

Don't mind the other Nick, he's kind of a jerk. But that's okay, it's only the internet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 pm

Welcome, Wagonfest is in Geneva, NY., July 30th just a few towns east of Canandaigua.

I wish you came around a few weeks ago, I had to send my dog packing back to a rescue because of his behavior.

Talk to you soon.

Mike
Back to top Go down
K9COP

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 pm

Hmm, I'm missing an 'in' joke here clearly... LOL

Phantom, you mean the dogs' ear or the neighbours' ear? Either would probably having the effect of causing you to be far enough away from home to not hear the dog barking....

pic of my new apple pie carrier:

Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... DSCN5699

Back to top Go down
K9COP

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 12:38 pm

Mike, that's too bad. sorry I couldn't help.

Hopefully will make wagon fest. I'm crewing at Mosport that weekend, but should be back on Sunday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 4:17 pm

Welcome to the group Ofcifer,I didnt do it honest!Well maybe I did do it but I wont admit to it.
Dogs huh you will fit right in around here!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 5:19 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
Welcome aboard.

Don't mind the other Nick, he's kind of a jerk. But that's okay, it's only the internet.

ouch,.

So why poke me? As far as i remember i,ve never had a bad word to say about you,.?

Nick

Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:19 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Nick Danger wrote:
Welcome aboard.

ouch,.

So why poke me? As far as i remember i,ve never had a bad word to say about you,.?

Nick

Absolutely. You've never said anything bad to me.

Someone made his first post on the forum. His self-description makes him sound like someone who likes dogs so much that he decided to work with them for his career. Your response was to make a joke about shooting dogs.

I tried to make a humorous post that firstly, put a distance between your response and the rest of the forum, and secondly, warned him that we tolerate rough humor and he might need a thick skin. Looking at it again, I see that I failed on all counts. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Welcome to the forum, nice 94 woody.

oh wait you didn't tell us year it was..... What a Face we have our ways.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 8:34 pm

What's up Dogg?!? Glad to see ya found us! Very Happy

And I must say I am EXTREMELY jealous of the RS6! Laughing Got pics???
Back to top Go down
K9COP

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Nicks... you play nice now! Don't worry, after 20 years UNARMED front line law enforcement, i have a fairly think skin! Phantom, go ahead and joke all you please, just don't be offended when i joke back, - Danger, great sentiments, thanks man. Pretty awesome humility too...

Sprocket, good work man, how'd you know that?

Bill, don't be too jealous, the '6 was a '93 or '95 or something, it was a while ago. Not the latest V10 monster, unfortunately! I'll dig out the pics...

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Notice!!

"NO dogs were harmed in the making of this thread"

Nick Danger wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
Nick Danger wrote:
Welcome aboard.

ouch,.

Nick

Absolutely. You've never said anything bad to me.

Someone made his first post on the forum. His self-description makes him sound like someone who likes dogs so much that he decided to work with them for his career. Your response was to make a joke about shooting dogs.

I tried to make a humorous post that firstly, put a distance between your response and the rest of the forum, and secondly, warned him that we tolerate rough humor and he might need a thick skin. Looking at it again, I see that I failed on all counts. Sorry.

ah,. well,.

Nick
suitably distanced now.

Last edited by phantom 309 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:37 pm

He spotted the year by noting the dual exhaust + smaller pod mirrors.

Welcome to the forum. Smile I work with dogs too, but more on the food side of things than training. My dog absolutely loves my wagon. lol
Back to top Go down
K9COP

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Stingroo.. thanks for the info, interesting... re dogs, the food side of things? That sounds interesting... I just bought a truck for my much better half from Jacksonville, FL... My dog loves the Discovery, but he really doesn't travel well. I hate having him loose in the truck (behind a guard) but when he's in his crate, he gets sick sometimes... work in progress..

Phantom... I think you should clarify that no neighbours were harmed too... relax guys...LOL

I think this is gonna be fun..
Back to top Go down
K9COP

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Not sure if links are Ok, I think so, but there's some nice stuff on youtube... here's a link, can't wait to get started on blacking out my pillars etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL8Oi06K2QM&NR=1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:26 pm

Yeah, I work for a dog food company - Blue Buffalo. It's a fun job.

My dog travels without a crate, but only around town and to the beach. He absolutely LOVES the car. He's a trip. 80-ish pound lab/boxer mix.
Back to top Go down
K9COP

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 12:20 am

blue buffalo.. ok. I'll check it out.

So now you've all seen my car, what is good/bad etc? What are the desired options/features etc? caprice or RMW, what is the ideal spec?

I guess I've had wood for over four hours now... best I call the Dr....

K9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 1:42 am

Well let's see....

If you have a mechanical fan, you have the tow package (I would assume you had it anyway, because that hitch looks quite old - maybe as old as the car, but who knows). Your interior appears to be tan. Consider yourself lucky - a lot of RMW's had tan interiors so parts should be easier to find. Red interiored wagons (mine, 81X11 Mike's, etc.) are much less fortunate.
Back to top Go down
K9COP

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:52 am

yep, the interior is tan, here's a pic:

Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... DSCN5671

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:40 pm

I found the whole passage of lead for the dog vs Neighbor quite humorous, and the comeback about being far enough away afterward that it won't matter a great response. You'll fit in fine.

Welcome to the forum. We fight like siblings, but love each other.Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Mf_swordfight

Any behavioral modification recommendations for sheep? Very Happy

Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... HolysheepHey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... HolysheepHey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... HolysheepHey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Holysheep
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 6:20 pm

Except that none of the other siblings have sheep for "pets".
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:38 pm

They aren't pets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:44 pm

Correction "special friends"!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 10:44 pm

Great, now he's going to think you're Welsh, Dave.
Back to top Go down
K9COP

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 11:06 pm

You sure you guys aren't cops? LOL Great humour (yes, with two 'u's...)...
Why you wasting time on here,... all the good looking sheep will be gone by the time you get there!

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Welcome to the group, glad you found us and I am enjoying the pics. I've been buried with work and am playing catch-up now.

Keep the pics coming!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 2:15 pm

K9COP wrote:
yep, the interior is tan, here's a pic:

Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... DSCN5671

must.....vacuum.....carpet......must.....vacuum.....carpet.......
Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Beavis
Back to top Go down
K9COP

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 4:20 pm

vacuum? nah... thought I'd plant some potatoes....

Be patient glass hopper, let's get it out of the field and evict the bees first..... Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 4:25 pm

LOL Mike. You'd cringe at my carpet.

I need to get a shop vac badly....
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:33 am

I like this guy already!
Don't apologize for being English, and certainly don't apologize for being a Cop.
around here we have respect if not admiration for law enforcement!

1. what phantom 309 was getting at initially was that he is also from the UK originally.
2. dont worry about lake effect. he may ask about sheep but by law he must stay 500 yards away from farm animals.
3. you bought a roadmaster wagon...so you are off to a good start.

evict the bees. once the little pests are gone check the underside to check for any damning rust (obviously you will have surface rust but flakey frame rails (not common) mean you should abort mission.

Then move to the rear wheel wells you most likely will have rust inside there. start by fixing that!

once major rust is fixed...check her mechanically.
once its all handled...let the Mods begin! (or restoration if thats your thing!)

so anyway...welcome aboard! - Ian Craig!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:43 am

a1awind wrote:

2. dont worry about lakeeffect. he may ask about sheep but by law he must stay 500 yards away from farm animals.
Ian Craig!

THAT'S NOT TRUE! It's five hundred feet, not yards.

In Canada it's only 100m meters, as long as I haven't been playing hockey first.
Otherwise I get PENILE-ized for high sticking.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Stingroo wrote:
He spotted the year by noting the dual exhaust + smaller pod mirrors.

Good eye, but I didn't even look at the exhaust.

Only LT1 cars got a black roof rack and the black cross bars.
TBI RMWs got the chrome cross bar and the rack sides are painted body color.
only 94s had small mirrors and black rack.

Now on a Caprice, you woulld have to look for the exhaust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Good one Dave and John.keep showing off and I will have to remember that nugget of info about
our wagons.Learning something new all the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Damn. Sprocket's Wagon Fu is much stronger than mine.

But that's understandable - he owns FOUR....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Nevermind 4 at the present time,how many wagons in total has John owned over the years?
JEG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...   Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey guys, English (sorry) cop (sorry) in upstate New York...
Page 1 of 1