GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

Location : Wandering aimlessly about Daytona Beach, FL, or in the Hospital

INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Empty
PostSubject: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi Gang
July 10, 11 & 12 is Indy Super Chevy @ O'Rielly Raceway Park, or for you "older guys", Indianapolis Raceway Park. I'll probably roll in sometime Friday AM. Sleep Any Indy area wagons coming?

Larry
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:49 pm

OK now I know you just love rubbing your job in my face Larry. I used to look forward to weekends, now I hate seeing where Larry and his wife are having a great time.

The only way I will be there is if you were to pass away and you insist on being driven to your final resting place in a B Body wagon. On second thought ,you already have a Fleet so, NO I am here wishing I were there. Sad

Have a great time and remember we love Pics, Lorne. bounce
Back to top Go down
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:11 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
OK now I know you just love rubbing your job in my face Larry. I used to look forward to weekends, now I hate seeing where Larry and his wife are having a great time.

The only way I will be there is if you were to pass away and you insist on being driven to your final resting place in a B Body wagon. On second thought ,you already have a Fleet so, NO I am here wishing I were there. Sad

Have a great time and remember we love Pics, Lorne. bounce

Hi Lorne
First, they Mrs. had to work for Charlotte Super Chevy (where the Yenko Wagon got an "Outstanding" in "Big Body 90 & Up") and will be working at the hospital for the Indy trip, too. Crying or Very sad She's a R.N., and has a "real" job. Sadly, Mrs. Acme dont get to go on alot of the "long road trips", due to her schedule.

Since most of the gang here cant get to FL for the shows I work for, I was hoping I could get "to a neighborhood near you soon" Very Happy Just where in "the great white north" do you live? Lorne? I do know Super Chevy doesn't have any shows north of the border......................yet. Surprised Are you thinking about maybe attending the Woodward Dream Cruise?

When the time comes Lorne, (and I aint that old yet) I would love takin' my "last ride" in your "b body hearse". Maybe you could be "The Official Funeral Director of Super Chevy" scratch

Larry
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 pm

Larry the Atlantic Nationals is the largest show in our area. that is where Foose was last year.

http://www.atlanticnationals.com/Galleries/2008/Centennial/photo89.html

Ironically in Todays paper the show organizer said he picked the date originally so it never interfered with others.He goes on to say that he is getting complaints because we are competing with the Goodguys event in Columbus Ohio. Little did we figure that would happen he says.

Now next year is the 10 th anniversary and there is a book being done. All the cars over the decade( or most) and my car is the feature with Foose for 2008. How neat if another wagon,of any kind,let alone one of your status be present. I heard Chip may be back as well.

My wife is also a nurse so I have to work around her to attend shows as you do. Somehow Daytona is more attractive than here for a vacation.
Back to top Go down
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:06 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
Larry the Atlantic Nationals is the largest show in our area. that is where Foose was last year.
My wife is also a nurse so I have to work around her to attend shows as you do. Somehow Daytona is more attractive than here for a vacation.

OK Lorne, I just gotta ask, just where is YOUR area? Are you anywhere near where they film "Ice Road Truckers", or maybe where Santa Clause lives?? Razz How far are you from Columbus? I go to shows reguardless of if she can go. My job is kinda like being in the military, I just go where they tell me to. She can come along to all the shows I go to as far as my boss is concerned. Very Happy However her boss would like her to be at work when they need her.

Larry
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:32 pm

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Miramichi+N.B.&daddr=Daytona+Florida&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=47.02791,-65.469485&sspn=0.146498,0.287704&ie=UTF8&z=4

This will give you an idea Larry.Four lane to Moncton ,which is an hour and a half south of here. Thats where I grew up and is where the show is.

Big nascar people too.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 pm

Yes I am contemplating Woodward. Pat has given me options as well. I would love to get caught up in that environment from looking at the pictures. It looks like a blast.
Back to top Go down
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:29 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Miramichi+N.B.&daddr=Daytona+Florida&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=47.02791,-65.469485&sspn=0.146498,0.287704&ie=UTF8&z=4

This will give you an idea Larry.Four lane to Moncton ,which is an hour and a half south of here. Thats where I grew up and is where the show is.

Big Nascar people too.

Oh Jeez Lorne
Its ONLY a 29 hour drive straight through from your home to mine. Shocked If ya leave now ya can get here in time to see the 400. Razz Actually, you DO live near Santa! santa Its a nice little drive for you even to go to Woodward isn't it? YIKES!

On a serious note, I can't see where you guys would lose cars to Columbus Good Guys. Rhinebeck <sic?>NY, maybe, (if that show was the same weekend only alot closer) but not Columbus. Someone up your way is just being a "whiner". Nothing more. If they wanted to go to either show, their gonna go.

I have the display all ready to open tomorrow (7/2) at Daytona Intl Speedway. Just have to "spot" that cars where I want them and its "Show Time!" The Yenko will be used in the display again, along with a trick '69 Camaro. Hopefully the race will get at least 1/2 way and be official so I wont have to come back Sunday. No Then late the following Thursday PM I will leave for Indy. Sleep As Casey Kasome used to say on the radio; "And The HITS Just Keep On Coming!" Cool

Larry
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:47 pm

I think he was referring to the car owners who want to attend from the New England and New York area but it conflicts with the Columbus show. He is proud to be competing with such a great show,I think anyway.

Santa Clause santa you are talking to him,just ask my 5 kids. lol!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Larry...I have to ask...are you retired? I honestly don't know how you can do some much traveling AND take time to do this many shows? Amazing!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 6:58 am

brokecello wrote:
Larry...I have to ask...are you retired? I honestly don't know how you can do some much traveling AND take time to do this many shows? Amazing!

Chris

Hi Chris
Nope, I'm not retired, yet. Actually, going to car shows IS my job. Cool I work for the people who put on the Turkey Run and the Spring Show at Daytona. I travel to shows promoting our events. That is how I get to go to all the shows I get to attend. Very Happy

Larry
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 10:00 am

^^ Luuucky! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 6:56 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
Santa Clause santa you are talking to him,just ask my 5 kids. lol!

Santa, could I have a new Holden G8 Sport Wagon, LS9, 6 speed, Lt Blue/Dk blue, and alot of $$$ (high 6 to mid 7 figures USD would be nice) Very Happy

Larry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?   INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INDY Super Chevy, Anyone going?
Page 1 of 1