GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

And in other news...

Go down 
+8
Sprocket
phantom 309
81X11
convert2diesel
Cadet57
200OZ
BigBlackBeaSSt
toomanytoyz
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

And in other news... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And in other news...   And in other news... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks guys. I hope to get it back together tonight and take it for a ride. I doubt I fixed it, but it'll be nice to drive it again. Wink

And Mike, get that swap done, son! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: And in other news...   And in other news... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:33 pm

I know...I know... Got to go hit the salvage yards for a harmonic balancer, all the front acc mounts, and exhaust manifolds.....
Soon.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: And in other news...   And in other news... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 9:45 pm

Funny how that engine looks tiny in the back of your S-10 but huge on the cherry picker....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: And in other news...   And in other news... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Fixt!!!! Very Happy

Took it for a re-tune today and all is happy in the world now. The MAF tables and scaling were all over the place. There must have been something wrong on the original tune. Maybe too much turbulence in the inlet pipe that the MAF was picking up with the old PCV/head vent routing. The 2nd catch can and keeping the two systems independent seemed to do the trick. He did his magic and it runs and drives 100% now! Very Happy He even took some boost out down low, because the turbo spools so quick, to try and get me better gas mileage. It drives so much better off boost now! And it idles better. It's even smoother now when taking off from a stop. Woot.

I'm happy again. Smile

Coilovers next. Wink Got em, need to install em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: And in other news...   And in other news... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Glad to hear Bill!
Jim
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: And in other news...   And in other news... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:10 pm

did you sell it yet?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: And in other news...   And in other news... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 8:46 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Fixt!!!! Very Happy

He even took some boost out down low, because the turbo spools so quick, to try and get me better gas mileage. It drives so much better off boost now! And it idles better. It's even smoother now when taking off from a stop. Woot. .

I,m a little confused here, didn't buy some extra fancy stuff to build more boost sooner etc,. but now you,re backing down the boost??

Bet it runs killah N/A,... Wink

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: And in other news...   And in other news... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 9:09 pm

No, it was really kind of obnoxious (recirc valve) part throttle with the boost coming on so quick... There was no "easy does it" driving built in. I didn't ask him to take it out, cuz I liked it, but he suggested it to improve mileage. Said he would change it back if I missed it.

I didn't even notice it on the ride home. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And in other news...   And in other news... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And in other news...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2