GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Empty
PostSubject: Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas   Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 6:08 pm

A lot of the guys from my local car club are going and I plan to represent the wagons for us.

Leaving Austin at 9am on Sunday Jan 8th - 103 miles to Bryan from Austin. On average there are 250-500 cars at this event. Hot cars, cold beer and HUGE cheeseburgers! Hard to Beat!

http://www.motoraustin.com/ - Club Page
http://www.motortexas.com/events/detail.aspx?event-id=13 - Event

http://www.dixiechicken.com/articles/chicken_oil_co - Resteraunt Website

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiKo0ipP-Lg&feature=related - vid from a few years back.

Anyone local want to go? Thinking of a certain wagon in Seguin! Come on!

-Mike

Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas   Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:56 pm

I'd never been to this event, but I will NEVER miss it again!!! What an AWESOME Day! College Station is about an hour-and-a-half from me in Austin, and is the home of Texas A&M University.

This is going to be long gang. I went yarding in San Antonio Saturday, and ended up cleaning up the Roady until 2am Sunday morning, and then had to meet some buddies from my local car club, Classic American Rides, at 9am for a cruise to this event. I was TIRED but excited.

I brought my Dad and both my kids with me. My oldest son, Eddie, who's almost 10, has been brainwashed by my wife to be an "Äggie", meaning he wants to attend A&M after high school...he thinks. We live in Austin, with the University of Texas downtown, so Austin is Longhorn country, but my wife is a country girl, and country folks go to A&M. Ok then...

ANYWAY the plan was to cruise to the Chicken Oil Run with my club buddies, and then after the show take Eddie to actually SEE the University for the 1st time.

We all loaded into the Roady at met some folks from my car club at the Sonic drive-in in Manor, just east of Austin. It was overcast, and Cars and Coffee was also on Sunday, so some of our club chickened-out and some stayed in Austin for Cars and Coffee. Well all I can say is the chickens and folks that went to Cars and Coffee missed an GREAT cruise and show.

Of those that did come, we had a '67 Camaro with it's original inline 6-cylinder, powerglide, and 4-wheel manual drum brakes. He has only driven the Camaro 2000 miles in the last 24 years, and this drive would be the farthest he'd EVER driven it.

The 2nd car in our group is a really good guy with a blue '82 Cross-Fire-Injection Corvette. Check out his license plate in the pics below. Gotta love it.

3rd member has a HOT red 2005 Mustang GT, modded out.
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil320

After talking it over we decided to let the Camaro lead....for the reason that it's not really happy going over 65mph, and he had his GPS. Ha!

Here's us on the hour-and-a-half cruise to College Station. We only had to stop once for my 3-year-old to pee. Big thanks to the guys for being cool when I zoomed by and ducked in the gas station. When the little kid says he has to go, he HAS to go!

Drove Camaro-Corvette-Mustang-Roady
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas IMG_20120108_101348
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas IMG_20120108_101328

When we got there....well it was car-nut heaven. Nothing else needs to be said. Amazing cars, gorgeous, nice folks, a neat venue, and cars and cars and cars.... We got there around 11am, and I actually heard people had gotten there at 7am, and some cars were already leaving! Took a while to find a place to park there were so many cars, and as I was parking I saw a GORGEOUS 70 Buick GSX and a 71 GS leave....doing a burn-out on College Ave in front of the Chicken Oil Company. Everyone seemed to take off fast or peel out on front of the resteraunt there, and people had lawn chairs set up to watch.

The next few hours were spent wondering around drooling and taking pics, watching and listening to all the cars cruise by. Visiting and drooling. My one regret is I didn't get to spend more time with the guys from my car club. I chased my kids most of the time. Tuck was really good, did not have to tell him once not to touch anyone's car, and both boys wanted to see everything.

Oh one thing, Eddie for some reason didn't want his picture taken much, and is not smiling in some of the pics. I guess he's getting older...he used to not care. Regardless we all had a ball.

So at long last, here we go!

Got a great spot right on the edge of the show, along College Ave.
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil007

The Roady got a TON of attention and positive comments. Made me feel great. My Dad took turns walking around and sitting by the Roady watching cars burn out just down the way. He said people loved the car. Fun stuff!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil003

Eddie smile dammit!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil002

This is just one area, along College Ave. What a show!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil004
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil008
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil009

Sharp Ford
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil118

Cool Chev!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil001

I was not the only wagon!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil005
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil006

Gorgeous cars in ever corner
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil010

Classic Fords
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil011
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil305

This Chevelle was totally awesome. Stick too!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil012
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil014

2nd gen Bird with gorgeous paint
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil013

Awesome
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil015

Check out the wheels/hubs on this Dodge!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil018

Big Tuck and a Maverick Grabber
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil019
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil022
Check out the Grabber's engine. I-6 with a 1brl carb! Ha!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil023

Whoever said Stude's were not cool?!?!?!?! Wow!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil024

Just smooth....
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil025
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil026

Not much better than a perfect black 57 Chevy
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil027

Dual-Carb 427! Whoa!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil028
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil029

Classic Chev's
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil030

This pic make you think of American Graffiti too?
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil031

Mean R/T
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil032

Cool Poncho
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil033

Nice.....Chevy....yeah nice Chevy...
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil034

More toys all in a row
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil035

Rough but running T-top Formula Bird. Great start!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil036

Everywhere you look, neat toys!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil037

The last of the C3 Vette ragtops
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil038

Hot Chevys
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil039

1961 Bubbletop with a stick, hard to get cooler than that!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil040
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil041
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil042

Awesome mix of cars
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil043
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil045
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil048

Now this is a LONGROOF! 57 Chevy Ambulance
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil044
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil234

SMILE!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil046

And even more cars....amazing!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil047
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil049
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil050

Wow look at this Olds. That's just MEAN man!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil051

And MORE cars!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil052
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil053

Sweet Chevelle ragtop
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil054

MEAN '74 Nova
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil055

Another gorgeous Chevelle ragtop
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil056

Clean LeMans with a 326...and my Dad.
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil057
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil058

Just so cool. RIP Pontiac!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil059
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil060
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil061

Nice Malibu
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil062
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil064

Modded '68 Goat
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil063
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil065

More nice Chevs
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil066

Cool old Chevy pickup
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil067

Smooth!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil068

This was a Rally 350...but a 350-no-more
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil069
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil072

Another awesome ragtop pulling in
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil070

Wow...just wow
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil071

70 Chevelle SS....so awesome it hurts
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil073

Clean Cat!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil074

Sharp ragtop Stang. I liked the red top, different!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil075

61 Vette....drool
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil076

Wanna Cruise?
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil077

SO SHARP!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil078

And more cars!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil079
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil080
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil081
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil082

The new and the classic!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil083

What a mix of toys!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil084

More classics cruising by. I wish you folks could hear the exhaust sounds. Heaven.
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil085

Slammed Dually!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil086

Now this is classy! '75 Grand Ville ragtop
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil087
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil088
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil089

Another smooth rod
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil090

More cruising
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil091

Sharp!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil093

64 Chevy 4dr hardtop
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil094

71 LeMans ragtop
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil095

White over red '69 Vette. Really SHARP!!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil096

More Vette fun
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil097

69 Chevelle Ragtop
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil098

The moose is loose! Ha!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil099

Wow, just wow....
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil100
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil101

More cruising
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil102

Toys everywhere!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil103

Now THIS is a CADILLAC!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil104
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil105

Me and the monsters
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil109

Rumble-Rumble-Rumble
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil110
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil115
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil116
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil119

Love this, "new" Pontiac G8 GT and 55 Poncho, on the cruise. I'm so mad at GM for killing Pontiac!!!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil111
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil112

Fender skirts and Rally wheels! Ha!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil113

Vega burning out
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil114

Beep-Beep!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil120
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil121

Paint like glass
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil122

That's a big Ford Truck there Big Tuck!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil123

Pontiac Safari! NICE!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil124
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil129

Ford Ragtop Rod
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil125

64 Impala SS....so cool!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil126
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil130

Awesome Chevy
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil127

Slammed Suburban
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil128

Batwing '59!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil131
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil148

Wild Blazer
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil132

RAT ROD DUALLY!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil133

'55 Rod
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil134

Amazing all the cars here...
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil135
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil136
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil137
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil138

The paint on this Camaro was amazing. Looked like you could dive into it
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil139

So many gorgeous Camaros....
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil140

Hot Malibu with smooth paintwork!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil141
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil142

There was not one but TWO of these black Stude hardtops. Amazing.
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil142
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil144
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil154
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil146

Cobra
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil145

Wow what a pretty Packard! This sucker idled so quiet you could barely tell it was running.
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil147
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil149
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil150

Can you believe all the hot rods???
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil152

Hot new Challenger
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil153

Super-nice '72 Cheyenne
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil155

I remember when 4drs were not cool. They sure are now!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil156

I just keeps going!!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil157

Another gorgeous Vette cruising by. Burbleburbleburble.....
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil159

Clean Chevy!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil160

GORGEOUS '96 Impala SS. SO CLEAN! Had to bring the Roady over
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil162
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil163
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil164
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil316
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil318
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil319

Check out the a/c setup on the hood of this Corvair. Gotta have it in Texas!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil165

Gorgeous Mercury Eight
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil166
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil167

Just cool!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil168

More rods
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil169
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil200
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil201
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil204
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil214
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil215

Here's my car club friend's '82 Cross-Fire Corvette in the show. Was fun cruising with him. I love his plate. Hey it's an '82, it fits!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil171
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil172
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil174

And here is "The Leader of the Pack"", the '67 Camaro 6cyl that led us from Austin to College Station. We saw 75mph down one hill. Zoommm! Such fun, neat car!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil254
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil255
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil256
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil257
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil261

And the 3rd member of our club that made the trek from Austin. Mean 2005 Stang! This sucker rumbles. I could hear it, inside the Roady folling it at 65mph. Very cool!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil259
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil260

This little Nash Met was INCREDIBLE!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil175
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil176
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil177
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil178

Really pretty classic Chev with great paint!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil179

Clean '69 Camaro. Houndstooth check interior. Neat!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil180
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil181

V8 S-10
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil182

This Sucker was SO MEAN
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil183

For my buddy Scott. Mean Shelby Cobra
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil184

Sunbeam Tiger
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil185

Clean '70 Goat
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil186

When is a Maverick not a Maverick? When it's a Mercury
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil187

Rumble seat and real wood running boards
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil188

There's a real Longroof!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil189
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil190

Chop-top '55
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil191

Just a plain clean 2nd gen Camaro
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil192

V8 Gremlin! Love it!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil193
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil194
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil197
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil195
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil202

Sharp '68 Camaro
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil196

Clean '69
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil198

The name fits
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil205

Super clean Fairlane
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil206

Fiero GT! Ha! Stick too
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil207
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil208

Just wild!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil209
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil210
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil211

My kids both LOVED this thing!~
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil212
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil213
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil313

Check out this droop-snout Olds. Very sweet!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil216
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil217

Another sharp Fairlane
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil218

Clean and plain 60 Bel Air
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil219
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil308

I'm not sure what this is.....
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil220

Pretty cool! Green Flames
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil221

Super clean 1st-gen Monte Carlo. LONG HOOD!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil222
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil223

Wicked-Nice Elky
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil224
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil225

64 Bel Air
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil227

AMX
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil228

I bet this sucker would run! Max Wedge!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil229

I SO wish you could hear the exhaust music from this 70 SS.....
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil230
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil231

CLEAN '67 RS
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil232

Pretty little T-Bird
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil236
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil233

'80 Cutlass
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil235

4dr hardtop Corvair cruising on by
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil237

GORGEOUS fastback Mustang
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil238

Perfect Vicky
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil239

Another sharp classic Ford
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil240
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil241

This one was flat awesome. Riviera Gran Sport. Wow.....just wow..
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil242
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil243
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil244
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil245
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil246
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil247

Grand National. I was not a fan of the Pep-Boys sunroof and lower skirts, but a GN is a GN....gotta love ém!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil248

Another gorgeous Riviera, with the "fall-down"headlights
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil250
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil251

I loved this one. Wildcats are flat BAD. A huge car that can fly!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil252
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil253
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil262

Another sharp Chevelle
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil263

Pretty little Corvair ragtop
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil264

Wow check out this CLEAN Studebaker Lark. That's different! Like the a/c!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil265
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil267

Corvair gang. Love the rampside pickup! Screw Ralph Nader!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil268
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil269
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil273
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil270
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil271
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil272
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil266

More mean Mustangs
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil274
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil276

Saleen and Camaro
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil275

Another cool old 3-door Suburban
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil277

Such a good show!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil278

More sweet trucks
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil279

And ANOTHER 3-door Burb
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil280

AMX and LeMans
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil281

Gorgeous big-block 69 Camaro ragtop. Looked new!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil282

Much modified Camaro. Purple
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil283

Sweet little '63 Nova Super Sport rumbling by. My Dad had one of these as a kid
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil284
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil285

MEAN Gran Sport Corvette.
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil286
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil287

Gorgeous Grand Prix with a stick. There was no parking left so he put it in the grass. Brave dude!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil288
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil290

Falcon Fun! Didn't know what a following these have.
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil291
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil292
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil293
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil294
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil295
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil296
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil289

Wacky blown Nash pulling out for some cruising
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil297

Crusing
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil298

What is it???
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil299
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil301
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil303

Neat truck in mid-build
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil302

Still in daily use longbed Chevy farm truck.
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil304
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil306

'79 Mustang pulling in
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil309

Jeep wagon
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil310

WILD ROD!
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil311
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil312

First-gen Monte pulling out for some cruising
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil314

Viper
Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Chickenoil315

Hope you liked the pics gang! Awesome show and I WILL be going next year! Hopefully we can get a larger Austin group together for the cruise out to College Station.

Good times!

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas   Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 2:41 am

Thanks that was fun to look at.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas   Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:12 am

The Metropolitan is my favorite and would love to hear it running.Mike you need to start making
a video of this show.Lots of beautiful cars and then there are the rat rods.While some of the rats
show impressive build quality and remarkable creativity others are just plain junk like the "Hope
Dream".Thanks again Mike for all the great pics and commentary.
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Awesome Pics   Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:15 am

The Metropolitan is my favorite and would love to hear it running.Mike you need to start making
a video of this show.Lots of beautiful cars and then there are the rat rods.While some of the rats
show impressive build quality and remarkable creativity others are just plain junk like the "Hope
Dream".Thanks again Mike for all the great pics and commentary.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas   Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 am

Yep that Met was insane! As for how it sounded running, it was a combination of firecrackers and blower whine. It DID NOT want to cruise, it wanted to RUN! He tried to cruise it around but it was pretty jerky.

Really had fun. Was neat to do the hour-and-a-half cruise out there with my local club friends. Fun mix of toys.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas   Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Holy crap Mike, that's alot of pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Saw a few cars I used to own myself in the pics!.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas   Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucky's Rod Run to The Chicken Oil Company - Bryan/College Station Texas
Page 1 of 1