GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NEW YEARS Day Score

Go down 
+2
BigBlackBeaSSt
1phastsswagon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

NEW YEARS Day Score Empty
PostSubject: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:56 pm

Had a play date with the Wife today - (She actually likes going to the Salvage Yards with me) Went to our Local Pull-a-Part. Had three wagons there, and a few caprices. We scored her a ABS Unit - Rear View Mirror with Compass, and Map Lights - and a Complete Blazer Console with the Shifter. All for $80.00!

Going back Thursday for a double hump trans crossmember, and maybe a LT1

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Be sure to get the cable and attachment to the tranny!! Both the pan bracket and the lever
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:24 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Be sure to get the cable and attachment to the tranny!! Both the pan bracket and the lever

Got it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Congrats on finding the ABS unit you needed!
Jim
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Thanks Jim - after going through two cars - the third one was the ticket
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 3:15 pm

good deal. Went to a yard with Stingroo today. No wagons, two roadie sedans, and two carpices (one LT one TBI). I got skunked, my son got a new antenna. Roo did well for his list.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:15 am

Got the ABS Unit installed - Brakes are good as new, and even think the pedal feels better than the Impala. Guess I need to go through those after I finish up going through the wagon.

Up next is finish the Brakes - a Complete tune up - then the exhaust work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:36 am

Nice. Very Happy

Yeah, I found a few bits and pieces for my car (like the cupholders for my BLazer console, HOORAY!) and sold a couple PCMs on ISSF.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:42 am

Saweet - The holders are on my next yard search as well. When we went there sunday We scored a complete set up, and those where missing on ours. Need to clean it up, and re dye it as its a tan color, and the wagon has blue interior. going to try to find a pass seat as well but if not doable i am just going to hack the drivers seat. Also thinking of getting the short roof mount console as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:47 am

Dang, if I'd have known - there were several Blazers in my local yard. Could have stuck it in a small flat rate and been on its way.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:50 am

Thats cool - Like I mentioned in the previous post, I am heading back there thursday, (weather and warmth permitting) and spent alittle more time looking around. I am sure I can come up with something.

Really appreciate the offer though.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 11:41 am

Glad your brakes are fixed! Nice score!

What's involved with doing the compass mirror? Is there a write-up somewhere? Think that would be a neat mod. Does it still have the lights in it as well or do you lose those?

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:57 pm

Mike,all you do is R&R the mirror and you are done.The lights stay and everything works fine.
I did my OCC years ago and while its a neat option I have never needed it.Great gadget but
it is kinda useless.
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Yeah, your car should already have the plug, Mike. Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Sweet! Will grab one next time I hit the yards. What vehicles did you get yours from?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Got mine off a roady sedan that a friend parted out years ago.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:30 pm

So the sedans had the compass mirrors but the wagons didn't??

GM annoys me sometimes... And YES I understand that a Roadmaster wagon is just a Caprice wagon with a sunroof and Buick interior trim, but come on.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Wagons can have them too. The one I have came from a CAPRICE wagon.

Weird option packages, is all.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Now I really want to go yarding again.....now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 pm

I believe the compass mirrors only came on the tbi cars.... I think..... scratch

Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:16 pm

200OZ wrote:
I believe the compass mirrors only came on the tbi cars.... I think..... scratch

Mike

Anyone know if the TBI and LT1 cars use the same plug?

We have a compass mirror on the Suburban with the temp readout as well. Neat toy.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:33 pm

My OCC was built with one. BTW, the map-light mirrors are great additions to the old G-body cars too; especially T-top cars that don't have a dome light.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Those mirror lights are only useful for a couple of things and I wont get into that here.
Jim
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 9:53 pm

I scored mine out of a Caprice Wagon - Really good shape to - mirror not faded a bit. and Yes Mike it still has the courtesy lights
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2012 9:20 am

Olds Weighty Eight wrote:
My OCC was built with one. BTW, the map-light mirrors are great additions to the old G-body cars too; especially T-top cars that don't have a dome light.

My '88 Cutlass already has the mirror with lights, but the do not come one with the doors, you have to switch them on to use the lights. Way to go GM....

And I agree, with the t-tops there is not much light in there at night, even with the back pillar lights. My 79 Vette had a dome light at the back rear of the t-top area. Have no idea why GM didn't do the same thing on the G-bodies.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW YEARS Day Score   NEW YEARS Day Score Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW YEARS Day Score
Page 1 of 1