GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?

Go down 
+8
94Woody
Bewber
Fred Kiehl
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
Grumpy
95BRMW
81X11
12 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Empty
PostSubject: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:09 pm

Going to San Antonio tomorrow to get the parts for my Olds 350 Cutlass engine swap, and am planning to hit both Wrench-A-Part and Pick-N-Pull down there. Supposed to be a gorgeous day in the mid 70's, so strolling through the salvage yards in the sunshine sounds like a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Now I'm not pulling bumpers and such, but if you want me to look for some trim or smaller parts, let me know! I'll check in here tomorrow morning before we head south. I usually have some good luck at the yards down there. Nothing is rusted and most parts are really nice!

Glad to help if I can!

-Mike

Oh and PS, anyone know what the plug on the back of the compass mirrors looks like? The one on my non-compass mirrors is rectangular. I'm hoping the compass mirrors use the same plug, or that the wiring is splice-able.

Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:16 pm

Looking for a couple parts myself. I'm looking for ruby red (the one you know and love) steering wheel audio controls. I don't need the steering wheel, just the controls themselves with or without the air bag. The clock spring would be a big help too, but I can get one myself if you don't want to pull it. These were in most 90's lesabre, park ave, riviera, etc.

Also looking for a decent grey T-type steering wheel in grey for my Lesabre. With or without the exposed metal spokes, but prefer with. If they have a lesabre T-type there, I may have a lot of requests Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:18 pm

95BRMW wrote:
Looking for a couple parts myself. I'm looking for ruby red (the one you know and love) steering wheel audio controls. I don't need the steering wheel, just the controls themselves with or without the air bag. The clock spring would be a big help too, but I can get one myself if you don't want to pull it. These were in most 90's lesabre, park ave, riviera, etc.

Also looking for a decent grey T-type steering wheel in grey for my Lesabre. With or without the exposed metal spokes, but prefer with. If they have a lesabre T-type there, I may have a lot of requests Smile

Will keep my eyes peeled!

You going to try to add the steering wheel controls to your wagon? I've often wondered if that would work. The climate control part of the controls would be useless, but would be nice to have the seek and volume controls on the wheel.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:30 pm

81X11 wrote:
95BRMW wrote:

Will keep my eyes peeled!

You going to try to add the steering wheel controls to your wagon? I've often wondered if that would work. The climate control part of the controls would be useless, but would be nice to have the seek and volume controls on the wheel.

That's the plan. I plan to keep the original radio in my "new" DCM. I picked up a tan wheel with controls a few weeks ago when I went yarding and plan to put it in this weekend. The Lesabre I pulled it from had the same radio, shouldn't be too hard to wire up. I know from the factory these didn't have steering wheel control climate, but can't help but wonder if the hvac unit has support for it. A little experimenting will have to take place.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:56 pm

If ya see some seat belts from a 92 OCC in Maroon Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Mike the plug is identical as mine is rectangular as well.Does your oem mirror hace the autodim feature because my RMW does and the plug is different.I checked it when you first ask about
the swap.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:27 pm

BOTH tail lights to a 2002 Grand Prix. Both of mine are shot, faded and leaking. NOTHING local for months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:42 pm

^ I will also be on the lookout for these for you, if Mike turns up nothing. I can hit the yard Sunday, or maybe a Jacksonville yard on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:23 pm

91-2 formula/trans am rear spoiler. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:29 pm

The compass mirror has a pigtail with a connector on it. It does not have the flat rectangular plug of the 94-96 variety. You should pull a pigtail from the harness. You can splice it in if necessary. Get the trim piece that hides the wire if it is there. It looks like an inverted Y. You need an always hot, 2 grounds, and a wire from the interior dimmer switch. Compass mirrors do not have the auto dim featrue.

Last edited by Fred Kiehl on Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 9:41 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

I might have one of those in the attic. Would you know one if you saw it?

I wouldn't. I just know I have something that I' was pretty sure is that.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Bewber wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

I might have one of those in the attic. Would you know one if you saw it?

I wouldn't. I just know I have something that I' was pretty sure is that.

It looks just like this....

Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? TopRear
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:20 pm

im looking for the front passenger armrest in tan for my '92 rmw. i have no idea about shipping costs, so if you think shipping will be worth more then the part then don't bother. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:53 pm

benn wrote:
im looking for the front passenger armrest in tan for my '92 rmw. i have no idea about shipping costs, so if you think shipping will be worth more then the part then don't bother. Wink

I assume that the tan is actually "camel".
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 7:47 am

Yup, flat with a notch. Thanks dude! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:16 pm

I STILL hate myself for selling that car.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:57 pm

94Woody wrote:
I STILL hate myself for selling that car.

That blue one was yours??? Moron! Razz

Also, I went yarding myself today. Beautiful day! Almost 60* this afternoon!!! Spent all day in various yards. Found a low mile posi complete rear end for my truck for 400 bucks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:42 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
benn wrote:

I assume that the tan is actually "camel".

Suspect i guess... whats the difference? does it have to do with the year?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Not much difference,thats just Fred and his drive to use the correct color descriptions.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:10 am

If it is camel, I have driver's side, but not a passenger's side. The SPID code is 67B, 67I, and maybe 672. It is the lighter tan offered in the 91-93s. The 93s also had a darker tan, but I do not know if any of the earlier cars had the darker tan. The reason I am trying to be correct about colors is, if I sell someone a part, I would like to sell them the part they need, not something they "can live with". Shipping to Canada is not all that high for small parts. It looks like shipping is about $10 from the US for an armrest.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:09 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
If it is camel, I have driver's side, but not a passenger's side. The SPID code is 67B, 67I, and maybe 672. It is the lighter tan offered in the 91-93s. The 93s also had a darker tan, but I do not know if any of the earlier cars had the darker tan. The reason I am trying to be correct about colors is, if I sell someone a part, I would like to sell them the part they need, not something they "can live with". Shipping to Canada is not all that high for small parts. It looks like shipping is about $10 from the US for an armrest.
I can vouch for the tan being different by making a mistake. With the RMW it seems the tan seats in the '93 and '94 are the same darker color, but not the '95 '96, those later years seem lighter. I've never seen a '91 or '92 RMW with a tan interior so I can't say, but I know the OCC tan seats for '91 and '92 is a light color. I don't know about the door panels, but I noticed all the tan '94 RMWs I've seen have darker looking seats than the carpet and door panels. The '95 and '96s I've seen all having nicely matched lighter tan everything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Yes Fred is right about the color being an exact match but as these cars get older,just finding a
replacement part is fortunate enough.Color is easy enough to change thanks to SEM and Dupli-
Color.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 6:42 pm

I have a number of passenger's side arm rests in different colors.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:20 pm

Ok was a crazy car-filled weekend.....time to play catch-up. Here we go. Grabbed my Dad and we went to San Antonio Saturday morning and had a great time.

To start, please feel free to rag on me about finishing the Cutlass, because I have no excuse now. Followed the GPS instructions to a fairly scary part of southeast San Antonio, met the very nice landlord that called me about the cut-up lowrider left abandoned in a garage behind one of his rent houses.

All I can say is WOW! For $80 I got a power steering pump with mount, alternator with mount, harmonic balancer, water pump and crank pulleys, valve covers, Q-jet carb, both exhaust manifolds, a TON of spare bolts, and also found a set of perfect 87-88-only Cutlass Euro headlights, and new Cutlass 1/4 glass with perfect chrome. AMAZING and God Bless Craigslist!! There was a ton of other Cutlass parts in there, but nothing I could tell that I "needed", but will someday regret not taking the perfect front fenders and doors in there.

After filling up the back of the Roady with Cutlass parts, I ran through both Wrench-A-Part and Pick-N-Pull. Only had two hours before closing, and needed a set of mounts for the a/c compressor in the Cutlass, so ran through both yards. Wanted pre-80 a/c mounts, since those do not have an additional area for the smog pump, which I'm not going to use, and will make for a cleaner install. Found a perfect set of mounts on a '79 Toronado.....for $10. Gotta love Pick-N-Pull! I now have every part I need to do the engine swap in the Cutlass! Woo-Hoo!

Anyway, did not get much chance to look at B-bodies, but as always had the camera ready.

Only found one interesting thing at Wrench-A-Part, a totally rust-free doorstop.....err Triumph TR-7. I know the Triumph nuts up north would kill for some body parts off this ugly little spud:
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_151009

On to Pick-N-Pull. I love the San Antonio Pick-N-Pull. It's B-body heaven. They have a FULL BIIGGG section of just full-size RWD Chevy and GM, and you can also find Roadies and such spread in with the FWD GM cars. In other words, there is always a ton of good parts here. They also have a full section of RWD Fords made up of military and police cars mostly. Ha!

Full-Size GM section at Pick-N-Pull San Antonio:
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_164207
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_163617
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_163638
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_164138
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_164142
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_164148
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_164215

Found not one but TWO Custom Cruisers. Once had been hit HARD in the rear, but amzingly the side glass didn't break. Scored some rear grab handle light lenses and one good tail gate handle:
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_163517
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_163527
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_163600

Rust-free Boat tail! Someone already snagged the rear window. TONS of good parts left.
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_155757

Ouch!!
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_155725
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_155659

After yarding we drove across town and had some awesome BBQ at the classic Bun-N-Barrel drive-in, which has been a favorite cruise spot in San Antonio forever. Their most famous food is the HUGE Barrel Burger, but their BBQ is awesome too, and after a plate of smoked sausage and bbq turkey covered with spicy jalapeno bbq sauce, potato salad, and bbq beans, all was right in my world. Hahahaha! If you visit San Antonio, remember there is more than just the Riverwalk there!
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_181448
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_181303
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? IMG_20120107_181356

With a car-load of parts and a stomach-full of good food, we headed home Saturday evening. Got home at 10pm, unloaded parts, and then spent from 11pm-2am cleaning and detailing the Roady for the Lucky's Chicken Oil Run in College Station the next day. Will post pics of that amazing event in the Photo's section next!

Awesome Weekend!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:37 pm

That is more B-bodies than I see in a year here in FL. I would have another garage full of parts, and be broke if I was there.

If I had known there were '92 OCCs there, I would have ordered a front PS door cladding.

Are you going back again in the near future?

You should grab good gate hinges from the wagons too. The metal inserts in the plastic parts rust, and fail.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:55 pm

I'm wicked jealous of your yards down there. Sad
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Wow thats a lot of B-bodies! I would have spent the whole day and every cent I had on parts. I'm scared of your organized yards, here if the cars are in a row that you can just barely not walk around that's a good day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:28 pm

Mike,you going to have a new neighbor because I am moving down there just for the junkyards.
Cant believe how organized that place is.See you soon.
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:10 am

Krzdimond wrote:
BOTH tail lights to a 2002 Grand Prix. Both of mine are shot, faded and leaking. NOTHING local for months.

Ha, good luck! They ALL go bad! Here's the lights on my wife's GP. Notice the bubbles just starting along the edges of the trunk opening? Kills me because when I got the car from my in-laws last year the lights were perfect, but the car had never sat outside. It was always in their garage or a garage at my mother-in-law's office. Now that it sits outside, the lights are starting to delaminate. Sucks!

Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Chickenoil342
Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Chickenoil343
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 12:15 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
That is more B-bodies than I see in a year here in FL. I would have another garage full of parts, and be broke if I was there.

If I had known there were '92 OCCs there, I would have ordered a front PS door cladding.

Are you going back again in the near future?

You should grab good gate hinges from the wagons too. The metal inserts in the plastic parts rust, and fail.

I try to run down to San Antonio whenver I get a free weekend day. Great yards down there, always fun to dig through. The B-body section at that Pick-N-Pull beats any I've seen in Dallas or Houston. I will say, for all you that seem jealous, keep in mind most of the interiors are burned up. The cars don't rust, but the sun and heat ruines interior parts. Hard to find good stuff for my Roady, and getting impossible on my Cutlass.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:13 am

81X11 wrote:
I try to run down to San Antonio whenver I get a free weekend day. Great yards down there, always fun to dig through. The B-body section at that Pick-N-Pull beats any I've seen in Dallas or Houston. I will say, for all you that seem jealous, keep in mind most of the interiors are burned up. The cars don't rust, but the sun and heat ruines interior parts. Hard to find good stuff for my Roady, and getting impossible on my Cutlass.

-Mike

LMK. I also need the rear driver's side door and rear driver's side quarter cladding from a 91 OCC (they are different from the 92s). One of the front bumper covers looked like it is in good condition too.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:25 am

Whoa! A whole SECTION of full size GMs???? Around here I'm lucky to find one full size GM in a yard. I see plenty more wagons on the road than you though. I don't get that. You have seen almost as many OCC's in your last two JY trips as I've seen on the street in my whole life though.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:51 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
81X11 wrote:

-Mike

LMK. I also need the rear driver's side door and rear driver's side quarter cladding from a 91 OCC (they are different from the 92s). One of the front bumper covers looked like it is in good condition too.

If I make a run south again soon I'll let the forum know. That yard is about an hour-and-a-half from me here in Austin.

I LOVE San Antonio......just too bad I can't speak the language...

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:58 am

Lynol wrote:
Whoa! A whole SECTION of full size GMs???? Around here I'm lucky to find one full size GM in a yard. I see plenty more wagons on the road than you though. I don't get that. You have seen almost as many OCC's in your last two JY trips as I've seen on the street in my whole life though.

Caprice's were HUGELY popular here, and I still see them on the road all the time. Heck they built them in Dallas....well Arlington, right behind Six Flags over Texas as a matter of fact. In general, full size Caddy's, Roadys, big Town Cars and Crown Vics/Marquis sold like gangbusters here. Our highways are so long, straight and flat that it's hard to beat a big smooth car for getting around Texas. Plus lots of folks loved them for towing boats, horse and ranch trailers, and such, which FWD just does not do well. I know a LOT of folks that were just sick when GM killed their big cars.

The wagons were never as popular as the 4dr sedans though, between Texan's love of Suburbans and the SUV craze at the time, and the wagon's lack of a rear a/c option, they just didn't sell all that well down here. In the summer I'm nice and cool up front but if I put my kids in the 3rd row, they roast, even with the a/c blasting up front and my window tint. I'm still kicking around putting conversion van a/c in the rear side storage box. I could be done!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:05 am

Doh! There is a white wagon in this pic....look at the far left side of that far row. I didn't even see this one when I was there...wonder what it is?? I was in such a rush to find my Olds compressor mounts that I didn't look as hard at the B-body section as I should have. Wonder what else I missed!

Oh and I did see some compass mirrors, but none had the auto-dimmer. I like my auto-dim feature. Wonder if I could find one in the Caddy section.....? Now I need to go back....

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 am

Oh and if you notice the shadow in the pic above, that's me taking the pic from the covered trailer. This place is so big they have a free shuttle service, a covered trailer with seats hooked to a pickup that makes loops through the yard all day. Once you get your parts you can flag down the shuttle, throw your parts and tool box in the back of the truck and climb on the trailer, and ride back to the front of the yard.

That's Cadillac salvage yarding gang!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:21 am

81X11 wrote:
Doh! There is a white wagon in this pic....look at the far left side of that far row. I didn't even see this one when I was there...wonder what it is?? I was in such a rush to find my Olds compressor mounts that I didn't look as hard at the B-body section as I should have. Wonder what else I missed!

Oh and I did see some compass mirrors, but none had the auto-dimmer. I like my auto-dim feature. Wonder if I could find one in the Caddy section.....? Now I need to go back....

-Mike
It is either a 92 OCC or a Caprice. Look at the C pillar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 10:57 am

Mike are you sure that the rearview mirror was offered with both the compass and auto dim
option?
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 11:15 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike are you sure that the rearview mirror was offered with both the compass and auto dim
option?
Jim

Nope, don't know. Figure next time I go I'll look in Cadillacs....if any car has one, it'll be a Caddy.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 1:10 pm

81X11 wrote:
Flasheroo wrote:
option?
Jim

Nope, don't know. Figure next time I go I'll look in Cadillacs....if any car has one, it'll be a Caddy.

The 91-96 B-bodies came with either the compass or the auto dim feature, not both. A newer car (Caddy) may have both, but I have not seen any.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:41 am

If you can score me a pair of 'damn near pristine' wagon tail lights, I'd be glad to paypal you your price. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 am

jimbeau wrote:
If you can score me a pair of 'damn near pristine' wagon tail lights, I'd be glad to paypal you your price. Thanks.

I think those are Olds specific. That what you need?

I'm SURE in my Olds engine swap I'll need something else.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 12:32 pm

I still need a 91-93 Caprice driver's door panel in grey.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 2:15 pm

I think those are Olds specific. That what you need?
-Mike[/quote]

I'm looking for the Chevy wagon lights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?   Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yarding Tomorrow - Whatcha looking for?
Page 1 of 1