GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Redesigned the front of my Caprice today

Go down 
+5
81X11
Sprocket
Krzdimond
Nick Danger
RDMLO5
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RDMLO5

Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Empty
PostSubject: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:36 am

Was headed back to the shop from lunch and happened to tag one of my coworkers in his truck as he was coming around the building. No

Redesigned the front of my Caprice today 01111213

Redesigned the front of my Caprice today 01111214
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:15 am

That's too bad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:27 am

good news is you know where to get it fixed cheap. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:49 am

^^^^^that's what I was thinking
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:01 am

+3 Ouch,looks like an easy fix and you have the skills too.
Jim
STOP TAILGATING
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:15 am

Well that sucks but looks like something you can fix without too much work. Are you going to paint the entire car? Looks like it in a body shop.....or a heck of a nice garage!
Back to top Go down
Al H.

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:27 am

Bummer.
At least you were going slow enough for the airbag not to deploy.

I know mine took a small hit on the same side at one time, the inboard headlight assembly mounting bracket on the core support was bent and straightened and the hood and right fender were replaced. Been over every square inch of the front end cleaning the grease encrusted beast so I can paint the frame, suspension and engine and no other damage that I can find.

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 9:51 am

why does the car already have a two tone front end?

Nick
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 10:51 am

phantom 309 wrote:

Nick

His last car was a Honda civic?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:15 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 1:21 pm

Ouch! Did it damage the rad or anything else back there? Looks like you're already in the right place to get it fixed, lol.
Back to top Go down
RDMLO5

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 7:59 pm

81X11 wrote:
Well that sucks but looks like something you can fix without too much work. Are you going to paint the entire car? Looks like it in a body shop.....or a heck of a nice garage!
Yeah it sucks but I guess it happens to all of us eventually. I am going to paint the entire car, I actually started the process 4 years ago so this will force the issue a bit and it will finally get done. It is in the body shop I work at.

Al H. wrote:
Bummer.
At least you were going slow enough for the airbag not to deploy.
Very true, I'm thankful for that and the fact that he wasn't in a customer's car.

phantom 309 wrote:

Nick
Haha I started preping the car for paint years ago because the clear coat was delaminating and I never got past priming it.

Lynol wrote:
Ouch! Did it damage the rad or anything else back there? Looks like you're already in the right place to get it fixed, lol.
Luckily it didn't get the radiator, but it did get into the core support a bit, definatly straightenable though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Redesigned the front of my Caprice today   Redesigned the front of my Caprice today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Redesigned the front of my Caprice today
Page 1 of 1