GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

removing old gas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
waynes91

waynes91

removing old gas Empty
PostSubject: removing old gas   removing old gas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:21 am

not sure if this is the right place to post, but my wagon been sitting for some time (to long Sad ) but its time for its over haul, the gas been in the for a easy 3 yrs, no stabilizer, i want to pump it out and put fresh in so i can start and move it to its tear down spot, i figured i could stick a hose down the filler and pump it out, or if disconnecting the line at the fuel filter and using the f/p to drain, but not sure if theres saftey cut off for the pmp or not, its about 1/2 tank,then theres the problem, what to do with the old gas, not sure who around here will take it ill need to check on that,

side note.. when i got the car a few years back , the only thing i got was the bill of sale, (signing off on the registration) wasnt thinking of title at the time, but now i found out the guy died, so now it will be a adventure to get this done, his wife is still around ? need to stop by and see her , in ct u need a title to reg. i wanted to reg the wagon first in my name to make sure theres hassles down the rode, i didnt want to dump 1000's into it and find out later i could get plates
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

removing old gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: removing old gas   removing old gas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 10:29 am

You can use the old gas for ALL kinds of things, parts cleaner, hand cleaner, weed/grass killer, degreaser, etc.

Some of these cars have a "check ball" in them to prevent spills in the unlikely event of a rollover. You will only get about 1/2 the gas out, so that does you no good. Using the pump os a good idea, IF you have a gas can available. LT's pump out at 40PSI and TBI's run 15PSI.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

removing old gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: removing old gas   removing old gas Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:27 am

You can manually power the pump with the connector on the PS fender under the hood. I know its there on LT1s, not sure on TBI cars.

As for the title, your best bet is to get in touch with his wife. If the title is lost a title search is going to have to be done which takes a while. Best bet is to call the DMV and find out exactly what needs to be done for her to get you a copy of it. I went through something similar when I bought my first wagon and it took almost 2 months to get it. I wouldn't do a thing to the car until the title is in hand. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

removing old gas Empty
PostSubject: Re: removing old gas   removing old gas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

removing old gas
Page 1 of 1